IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Gradius

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, SuperJimtendo said:

I dislike this game as much as i dislike all shmups. Can I just show an eggplant shadow and get banned for real this time

I have the regret to inform you that you are untouchable Jimbo, absolutely UNTOUCHABLE! You could wave that eggplant around here all day long and still not get ban!

149, 700

Got to the boss with multiple swiggle things at what I assume is the end of level 4. Died fast. Was able to hammer ocer 30k against that thing with no upgrades though! My hand hurts from mashing the button and I may need a new controller, but im pumped. 

20200510_212711.jpg

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 2

I lost my first life on the last level. At that point, the Gradius effect became very real. I gave it a hell of a shot though. I've only played this game very briefly in a previous contest year. This is the furthest I've made it in the game. I'll likely put some time into crossing this one off of my "to complete" list this week. 

I did it! I got my participation score! I'm very happy to not be disappointing @BeaIank

vgs-ninjistar-gradius-score-2020-final.j

Edited by ninjistar
"real" score
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

soooooo.......

is the gradius effect when u burn ur lives to get on the next run?  especially when you have full frickin' setup?

😢 I have had that happen a few times 😏

I always interpreted "the Gradius effect" to be a reference to Gradius when playing another shooter. I felt that it meant the game difficultly builds in parallel to your power up ability. When you die, it becomes very difficult to build up to the power up level you were at while the game difficultly stays the same. That's a very wordy explanation, but hopefully I've nailed the gist of it 😄

• Thanks 1