IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Gradius

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!
Prepare yourselves for a week of HIGH tensions and high speed action!
For this week, our bravest will tackle GRADIUS!

Here's the rules our unfortunate athletes will have to follow:

• Play until Life "0" (There is no number where your lives are displayed when you reach your last life, so this will count as Life "0")
  • Once you reach Life "0," you MUST stop playing and take a picture of your score.  If it is determined you played more of the game on your last life, your score will not count.
  • Looping of the game will be allowed.
  • If you roll the score, make sure to take a picture of your score right before the roll and right after.  Please do this for each roll of the score.
  • Highest score wins.
  • GENRE: Shooter/Shoot 'Em Up

I know damn well that you all are going to stop playing after dying the 1st life due to the Gradius effect, but still, you can use all but your last life to achieve a LUDICROUS SCORE!

The contest ends Sunday, 05/10/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

"Destroy the Core!" - Warship, Core - 1985

1415123115_SageGradiusGIF02.gif.58ad321c

• Like 5

Events Team · Posted
1st Kid Dracula 3,580,400
2nd bertsampson 2,450,800
3rd Gaia Gensouk 922,500
4th skinnygrinny 662,300
5th nesmaster14 526,500
6th dvertov 436,400
7th ninjistar 384,400
8th NESfiend 317,500
9th arnpoly 285,600
10th MeganJoanne 275,000
11th CasualCart 231,000
12th Kdiggz 206,400
13th DoctorEncore 192,600
14th Tablew/chairs 161,500
15th NEET.dreams 157,400
16th Bubbapauls 142,300
17th Bearcat-Doug 133,300
18th mbd39 123,600
19th Megamanfan 117,500
20th Murray 107,400
21st Richardhead 104,500
22nd Ausden 100,700
23rd JamesRobot 98,900
24th Jeevan 94,900
25th Deadeye 67,600
26th 8bitdontquit 33,200
27th SuperJimtendo 17,100
28th 0xDEAFC0DE 16,100
29th Reed Rothchild 0
  • Haha 2

Events Team · Posted
35 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Also - is there some kind of pre-season sign-up for these NES contests, or can anyone join in? I'm terrible at Gradius, but it's a ton of fun and I'd like to submit a score if this is open to anyone...

-CasualCart

Anyone can join and play.
So get your pad, plug in that Gradius cart and play!

Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Participation score amount set? I'm going to try to get one up tonight. Probably won't have much time to play this week. 

There is not a participation score for this week.
Plug in the cart, start the game and die with zero points, you can still earn them 3 points for the tournament.
I am feeling generous!
Which also means I will be extra bitchy and mean next week, so get them points now.

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BeaIank said:

There is not a participation score for this week.
Plug in the cart, start the game and die with zero points, you can still earn them 3 points for the tournament.
I am feeling generous!
Which also means I will be extra bitchy and mean next week, so get them points now.

It's a good thing there's no participation score. I probably wouldn't have been able to get it.

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's a good thing there's no participation score. I probably wouldn't have been able to get it.

Let it be known that I will  be very judger and will think shameful things of anyone that can't even score 20K on this easy game, though.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Let it be known that I will  be very judger and will think shameful things of anyone that can't even score 20K on this easy game, though.

shit!!!!!   lol, jk i think i might be able to do that :) 

1 hour ago, BeaIank said:

I'm tempted to take the 0 option just to save me from the embarrassment of submitting a sad score. But that would in poor taste. Ill make 20k the goal to keep from getting shamed publicly! 

Finally saw full schedule and you did a freaking awesome job picking games. Can't believe you included heavy shreddin. I'm so fired up to have an excuse to play through it again. I didnt think anyone played that game. I had never heard of it as a kid and bought it on impulse first time I saw it. So dope. If you've done it for a competition before, is it usually one life or one credit? 

Edited by NESfiend