IGNORED

Castlevania Hangtab

A_Feisty_Pickle

Looking for an estimate on a good (7 or 8 / 10) condition Castlevania hangtab, box only. Unpunched. I see a few listings on ebay, but all the sold ones are somewhat rough condition. I see this listing that sold for $400, and I would say the box I'm looking at is a little nicer than the one sold. No inserts or cart, just box. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Castlevania-Nintendo-NES-Complete-in-Box-5-Screw-Cardboard-Hangtab-/233477671554?epid=4132&hash=item365c5a8a82%3Ag%3ASwQAAOSwD0deLvyn&nma=true&si=pMq5D%2FdBYOMxX63IUZSq%2FM4ykGc%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

$400 seems high to me for the copy you linked. BINs are not representative of auction prices since desperate people will pay anything. I'd say a good CIB first print could go for $200-300 and a nice hangtab box $100-$150. Or at least that's as much as I would pay.

Any Castlevania experts here?

Edited by DoctorEncore

Also, the general rule of thumb is that a good box is worth 50-75% of the entire value of the CIB game. The more expensive the game, the higher percentage of the value can be assigned to the box (all the way up to Stadium Events where the box is like 85% of the value). So if you think that $400 is a reasonable price, then the box should be in the $200-300 range.

This is just a rule of thumb and it doesn't work as well for cheap games, but I've found it to be pretty accurate for higher end stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

$400 seems high to me for the copy you linked. BINs are not representative of auction prices since desperate people will pay anything. I'd say a good CIB first print could go for $200-300 and a nice hangtab box $100-$150. Or at least that's as much as I would pay.

All CIB NES games on ebay seem high to me.😄

• Like 1