IGNORED

Graded Games, Show Them Off!

jonebone

On 11/17/2019 at 12:43 PM, kell said:

Babbage's... brings back memories.

If WATA grades the wrap separately, what detracts from disc based cases, insert alignment?  I may be wrong, but it seems like there would be less variability with the hard cases versus boxed games.

The only thing I've noticed with PS2/GC style cases are dimples, writing marks,  and deep scratch marks that affect the case itself through the cello.  It is way more common than I initially thought it would be when you angle the games in light.  Also, I know with PS1 jewel cases in particular, the manual itself is a big factor in determining higher grades.  There are spine creases and ticks on the manual taken into consideration as well as the prongs on the right side of the jewel case that cause divet marks on the right edge of the manual.  These are the factors that separate a 9.2 perfect jewel case from a 9.6/9.8 perfect jewel case. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 2:23 PM, RoyalT said:

After months, I have finally received my games back from Wata!  I won't jump on Wata for their inability to meet their service time standards, that's been done to death. 

What I am going to jump on them for though is for failing to adopt some basic well-established customer service standards.  I have yet to call Wata and have them answer their phone.  They also are VERY delayed in replying to emails and when they do, you get scripted responses. 

I had pictures of these loaded to my wata portal before they ever shipped them out and I pointed out to them that something was wrong via email.  Wata had, despite " handling my games exactly like they handle their own games..", placed my CIB Phantasy Star in the case dedicated to my sealed Phantasy Star.  They are entirely different releases of the game too, with enough to distinguish them from one another that this is inexplicable and unacceptable.

So, the long story short - After months of having these games in their possession, they've screwed up and had every chance to correct it, but were too inept to answer their phone or reply to their emails.  Even if they got the email late, after shipping, they could have reached out to FedEx to have the shipment intercepted and sent back to them.

Let's take the glass half full approach though.  I find myself now on the bleeding edge of the speculation video game investment market.  I am in possession of what I feel will become a highly coveted Wata Error, Sealed (CIB), 9.8 A+ Phantasy Star.  I wish my Sealed (CIB) 9.2, Wata Error Phantasy Star graded higher, but beggars can't be choosers right? 

73528763_551673618741808_5581479862813589504_n.jpg

Can you switch the top cover? I think they can be removed from the case.. 

Edited by TheBiRD

37 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I was wondering this too. Even with the issues that have been brought up, it seems like almost everything that comes up is WATA now.

I only imagine ppl trying to bump up silver and lower VGA grades would ever regrade to Wata, or if they just wanted to standardize the look of their collection for some reason. It's a waste of money otherwise as the game condition doesn't change, only the scale. 

It's also not like VGA is going anywhere. They are the toy grading authority, and they can grade and fabricate games of any size, a market Wata will likely never be able to accommodate. I don't even like the Wata cases for SNES or N64, anything horizonal is kinda hideous (I genuinely think they need to go to the drawing board and redesign the cases for horizontal games, they just look bad), hense why many of these are still sent to VGA.

Edit: While I'm here, I'll post this guy. Hard as balls to find sealed these days, and was my fav Xmas pres of 97. Happy Holidays all!!

Screenshot_20191224-100458.png

Edited by Startyde
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Startyde said:

I only imagine ppl trying to bump up silver and lower VGA grades would ever regrade to Wata. It's a waste of money otherwise as the game condition doesn't change, only the scale. 

It's also not like VGA is going anywhere. They are the toy grading authority, and they can grade and fabricate games of any size, a market Wata will likely never be able to accommodate. I don't even like the Wata cases for SNES or N64, anything horizonal is kinda hideous (I genuinely think they need to go to the drawing board and redesign the cases for horizontal games, they just look bad), hense why many of these are still sent to VGA.

Edit: While I'm here, I'll post this guy. Hard as balls to find sealed these days, and was my fav Xmas pres of 97. Happy Holidays all!!

Screenshot_20191224-100458.png

Great looking game! I couldn't wait for it to come out. I can only imagine how many hours I put into that one.

• Like 1