IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - TMNT 3

BeaIank

Homebrew Team · Posted
8 hours ago, Chuppa said:

Hello friend - This should be fun.  I love this game!

Just want to clarify the rules.  I believe you start with 3 bars of 'lives'.  Using your special attack drains one of your hp bars.  Are we talking one just one bar of life here?  

3 bars of health.  You can pick up health, but once you die once, that's it.

I think you are thinking of a different turtles game. More than 3 bars of health.  Same applies though, 1 life only.

IMG_20200426_203326__01.jpg

Edited by Deadeye
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deadeye said:

3 bars of health.  You can pick up health, but once you die once, that's it.

I think you are thinking of a different turtles game. More than 3 bars of health.  Same applies though, 1 life only.

IMG_20200426_203326__01.jpg

ah yes that is what I meant, I just worded it incorrectly.  thanks for clarifying

Events Team · Posted
7 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The bonus for beating Shredder is where the score would likely get maxed out, so using the highest score going in might be a good idea for anyone that beats the game.

Thanks for pointing that out Doug!

We'll require a picture of the score before beating Shredder if the score is of 900,000 and over, and we'll do the math of adding the 100k points for beating it.

Example : You get to Shredder with a score of 920,450, you take a picture, then you beat him, you take another picture with Shredder beat and the score maxed. Final score = 1,020,450.

RULES UPDATE!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, guillavoie said:

We'll require a picture of the score before beating Shredder if the score is of 900,000 and over, and we'll do the math of adding the 100k points for beating it.

Example : You get to Shredder with a score of 920,450, you take a picture, then you beat him, you take another picture with Shredder beat and the score maxed. Final score = 1,020,450.

RULES UPDATE!!!

That's what I was thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if at least two players finish the game this week.

Events Team · Posted
8 hours ago, guillavoie said:

RULES UPDATE!!!

I am also wondering if we should make this a play till life 0 contest.
Could be more interesting and give more people the chance to get to Shredder.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chuppa said:

If people beat this on one life that is absolutely insane.

This is true. I love this game and have beat it a handful of times. Beating it on one life is not human. I don't think ive even done it without a continue. Not sure on that, but I vaguely remember a spot a few stages from the end where I always needed one. I want to know where Doug gets his video game steroids and what he pays for them! 

I liked the 1 life rule as kind of a different challenge. I think if I kept pressing, I could have gotten through 4 or 5 levels. But the rule change will allow people other than Doug to complete the game, so I get it. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chuppa said:

If people beat this on one life that is absolutely insane.  

welcome to the weekly contest.

@NESfiend anymore i just assume in order to podium any given week a one life complete (or maximize purge lives) is the first step then you have to score the most/least amount of points. 

Edited by skinnygrinny
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

This is true. I love this game and have beat it a handful of times. Beating it on one life is not human. I don't think ive even done it without a continue. Not sure on that, but I vaguely remember a spot a few stages from the end where I always needed one. I want to know where Doug gets his video game steroids and what he pays for them! 

I liked the 1 life rule as kind of a different challenge. I think if I kept pressing, I could have gotten through 4 or 5 levels. But the rule change will allow people other than Doug to complete the game, so I get it. 

Playing in the contests for 7 years and lots of practice!

Is this game hard? I’ve never played it before.....

JK. I’m better than Doug at this game, just won’t have much time to play this week. Or will I? Maybe I can get a run in here and there. Maybe I’ll 1 life it. Maybe I won’t.... 

Or, maybe I’m terrible at video games but can maybe put up a top 3 score. Orrrrrrrre maybe I take 1st this week. Is it time for Heavy Shreddin’ yet? Happy Covid 19 all. Stay healthy and keep spirits high. I think I need a shot of rum.

• Like 1