IGNORED

Astro Ninja Man

Deadeye

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I did not get that game (did anyone here grab it?), so I hope sometime in the future it'll become available again.

That's the one thing I hate about homebrew / indie games, it often feels like you gotta choose between getting it and the living off of instant noodles for a month, or missing it and then regretting the decision for years to come. 😢

Homebrew Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

This feels like such a roller coaster. What’s the deal with their latest tweets?

The original offering for Astro Ninja Made, was limited to what was produced before hand, which I believe was by hand.  It sold out in 4minutes.  Due to the demand, the developer and publisher we able to secure pricing and contracts for factory production.  However, the run had to be at least 200 units to hold the price per unit for their cost.  They opened up pre-orders for this run today.  Payment by bank transfer only.  Refunds were going to occur if the 200 unit threshold wasn't passed.  They have exceed the threshold, so production will happen.

The developer said this is the last chance for a physical copy.  So I would assume no future sales.

Moderator · Posted

But it’s still not available for international shipping, leaving anyone overseas interested in a copy scrambling for a proxy or waiting to shell out more for an already overpriced game on the secondary market.

I’m also annoyed with one of Riki’s tweets where he went to the trouble of acknowledging that he’d received a number of messages from frustrated fans overseas and left it at that, essentially saying you’ll be happy to know that I see you but won’t do anything about it.

On 5/16/2020 at 2:11 AM, Deadeye said:

The original offering for Astro Ninja Made, was limited to what was produced before hand, which I believe was by hand.  It sold out in 4minutes.  Due to the demand, the developer and publisher we able to secure pricing and contracts for factory production.  However, the run had to be at least 200 units to hold the price per unit for their cost.  They opened up pre-orders for this run today.  Payment by bank transfer only.  Refunds were going to occur if the 200 unit threshold wasn't passed.  They have exceed the threshold, so production will happen.

The developer said this is the last chance for a physical copy.  So I would assume no future sales.

Talked to a local friend in Taiwan, he got one of the initial copies has it in hand . From my understanding talking with him, like @Deadeye said, this is our last shot of getting it.

I'm definitely not happy about the state of affairs, but will try to ask my friend to assist me in getting one. No idea why he didn't just do as with the previous carts, making them mass produced and readily available to anyone who was interested. Oh well, even if I can't get this stuff, I guess I should be happy it's getting made? That's what someone once told me.

Moderator · Posted

I tried to purchase on my own last week but asked the seller via twitter for help completing the bank transfer since the confirmation page didn’t give as much information as my bank requires for a transfer. He told me to email his info@ address so he could help me. That was 5 days ago. I’m pretty sure he’s going to cancel my order at this point because I wasn’t able to complete payment within his required 3 business days.

Attempted to order this game three times, using three different proxy services. Two services were geared towards westerners, the third was for Taiwanese people.

I already got a cancellation from one of the western proxies, after hearing nothing from them last week when I placed the order. I have a feeling that I will get a similar response from the other two proxies as well, though I really will be upset if the Taiwanese proxy cancels, since I had even paid via bank transfer.

Should find out in the next day or so. Man, this is stressful, definitely not a good way to start off my Monday.

Edit: If by some luck the other two proxies both go through and I end up with two copies, I'll gladly sell one to someone here that missed it for actual cost. Honestly doubt this will happen, but I'll keep everyone posted.

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1

Second proxy cancelled, third went seemingly through. Will post details later , for the curious.

edit:  Okay so I used a combination of three different proxies to try to order the Astro Ninja Man game. 

The first service I tried to use was Zenmarket. Placed my order late last week with them, and it seemed as though my request just sat and did nothing, wasn't updated. This is what initially prompted me to order from two other proxy services. Yet it was barely Monday morning, at about 7:30 or so in the morning when I received an email from them that they couldn't order the item, it was "out of stock". This sort of irritated me, if your company is so busy that they can't order the product, but then as soon as the deadline has passed, they are immediately so quick to notify you that it can't be ordered? The whole attitude in the correspondence just didn't sit well with me, and I won't be using them again.

The second proxy I tried was White Rabbit. I used them one other time. They also came back and said that the item was out of stock (again they tried ordering it too late I guess), but I felt the whole correspondence was better overall, and will likely be using them sometime in the future, next time this sort of situation arises.

The third proxy I used is Auction Bear. The site is entirely in Chinese, and it looks very dodgy to be honest. Instead of using Paypal or credit card or whatever to pay the proxy, you must transfer the money directly from your account into their account! Although this would raise tons of red flags in the west, this sort of direct transfer thing is very very common here in Taiwan, and this site was presumably made for Taiwanese, so...

I ordered the item, then I paid for it via the bank transfer. I later receive a message from them telling me that since it is a pre-order, can I accept their terms on curremcy exchange rates and what not, as well as waiting for the item to ship / arrive in October or December or whenever. I responded simply "I agree to those terms, I understand it" and then on Monday morning I see the status updated that they had ordered the item and it had been paid for, in Japan. So it looks like everything went through, at least by what I can see. I'll have to double check later.

One of my good local friends over here uses this site and was the one who recommended it to me, so that's why I didn't feel overly concerned about placing an order through them. He actually used the site to place an order for Astro Ninja Man himself, and had been showcasing the one he recently got (from the first batch). 

Edited by fcgamer

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...