IGNORED

fcgamer finds

After a spell of buying crap, decided to get something good.

This time it's four more Sega Master System to Game Gear conversions from HTH.

I've got a bunch of these by now, I really do need to try to make a comprehensive list.

IMG20201124123720.jpg

IMG20201124123709.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Space Raft arrived today! If I read the email correctly, the record that comes with this will be shipped separately and arrive later.

This one's sitting at home in the USA with my folks, so I won't be seeing it at least until covid-19 clears up, but it gives me something to look forward to 🐱

Funny thing, when this game arrived today, the return address said "Dusty Medical Records". I honestly had no idea about that, and of course I wasn't there to be able to look myself, so I just asked my mother to cautiously open the package and see what was inside, to make sure there wasn't anything weird going on. 😛

This really looks like such a cool product, as a musician myself it was a must have. 🙂

1606923932432.jpeg

• Like 3

This time got some good stuff from a friend.

These are official Chinese versions of western PC games. This type of stuff is incredibly hard to find here.

I'm not really a PC gamer / collector, but I'll hold on to these for now.

IMG20201205142330.jpg

IMG20201205142042.jpg

IMG20201205142357.jpg

IMG20201205142013.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 4

Found these yesterday at an old shop. The son was sitting there, and he was surprised when he saw a foreign customer come in, who then proceeded to inquire about this old stuff. So when I asked about prices, he fetched his mom.

Originally she wanted about $30 each, just going off of the original sticker price from twenty years ago. My heart sank and I asked if she could lower the price a bit, she obliged, to $25, but she wasn't willing to go any lower.

That said, I only grabbed two games, as both of them were a bit of a risk, and I felt like I was getting fleeced.

Harry Potter wasn't really worth it. I'd been hoping it was one of the original Harry Potter games, but it was ultimately just a Chinese version of the licensed game. It's funny, the company took out the American English option, then added a mainland China flag with a Chinese language option. I do collect Chinese translations of games do it wasn't a total loss, but it was $10 overpriced for me.

I had no idea what Rockman 99 was, but it turns out that it's that notorious Makon Soft original Rockman 8 game for Gameboy, as one can read about here:

https://bootleggames.fandom.com/wiki/Rockman_8

It's interesting to note that the game is named Rockman 99 in the header, suggesting that my version is the original. I've never seen the 99 version before, though have seen the "Rockman 8" version many times over the years.

For this one, I am more than happy to have paid $25, even $30 would have been fine by me, so things sort of worked out in the end anyways.

IMG20201205211323.jpg

IMG20201205211330.jpg

IMG20201205211930.jpg

• Like 6

Grabbed something special here, or maybe it's just junk, who knows. 🙂

This came from an old game shop. You've possibly seen something somewhat similar on eBay, though those units just have one cartridge slot. This has two.

A company in Taiwan made special rewriteable cartridges back in the day. The ones that I personally own all contain Famicom disk games on them, and the button on the machine switches between sides, like a disk would operate. Not sure if non disk games were also available, though from some advertisements, it seems that they were, no idea if two games could then be written to each of these special carts or not.

Anyways, this double slotted Machine is one of the original machines shops used to actually copy Famicom carts onto these special cartridges.

Special cart went in the right slot, the cart to copy went in the left.

The cost to get a game programmed on the cart was about $15 in today's money, from my calculations.

Similarly, the cost for such a device as this was about $7500 USD, and in addition to the price, such units presumably were never offered to the public market for sale.

IMG20201208074954.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Is there a story with this?

Awhile back, one of these had sold on eBay with a BIN of $600 or something stupid. In a later thread, an owner of this cart, Wolfman, had contemplated selling his. I just off the cuff said that I'd pay $500 for one of these, if the chance can't available.

A month or two later I received a message from Wolfman asking if the offer still stood, and we negotiated payment. I didn't have $500 to drop at the moment, but I put a down payment, then paid the rest a few weeks later.

Due to difficulties with trying to locate the correct address to Taiwan in romanized characters, we then decided to just send the game to my old house, where my parents still live, in the USA.

I don't know about everyone else ,but it always seems that this sort of stuff always becomes available at the wrong time, but that's just life I suppose 😄

• Like 5

Oh no you did well for yourself even at that price.  If you dig even lightly here or google in general there's this whole underground-ish love for this game for whatever various reasons you want to touch.  Given it's not made anymore, and unless you can find someone to make one for you somehow (which wouldn't be an original anyway) you're dealing with a small pool and most won't let it go so the price will continue to go up as people get more twitchy wanting it too and being able and willing to pay even higher to bait someone into giving up the ghost for it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't grabbed much recently, been focusing on some other projects recently and haven't had much expendable income left over for game collecting.

I did grab these earlier in the month though.

Not really into PC, but the dance one came with an adaptor allowing you to use a PlayStation dance pad with it, making it somewhat interesting.

The other game, haha, I might trade it at some point, as it might not be an original. Like the box though, hahaha.

IMG20210117150839.jpg

IMG20210117150848.jpg

IMG20210117150907.jpg

IMG20210117150936.jpg

IMG20210117150941.jpg

IMG20210117151005.jpg

• Like 2

This is when you know you've hit rock bottom.

This past week I finally decided to buy the top two cards, as I hadn't bought much in awhile, and I had been eyeing them up for about half a year.

The bottom left Jungle Book card I grabbed after church maybe three or four months back, again as I had about $30 in my wallet to blow, and the pickings were slim.

The bottom card on the right I grabbed a few times ago when @OptOut and I had been drinking and gone game hunting. That was the first of these that I've bought, and the start of this nonsense.

Yeah by now, I'm literally collecting scraps of scraps.

IMG20210125010829.jpg

• Like 3