IGNORED

fcgamer finds

Found a Taiwanense version Wii about a week and a half ago. Sadly the box is missing one of the inner trays, as well as a few parts.

Either way, I was glad to pick this up. You see a lot if loose wiis around here, and also some that are boxed, but priced really high ($75+), so despite the flaws, I was glad to find this one in reasonable condition for $30.

IMG20200915212917.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just received this today by post, a sealed Taiwanense version Illbleed for the Sega Dreamcast.

I also got an HTH R-Type for the Game Gear, and a CIB Chinese Chess from Micro Genius for Famicom.

Let's top it off with a pair of blue Eternity Golden Game cartridges, as well as three Taiwanense LCD games. The LCD games were an impulse purchase that I got from a friend of my friend, another acquaintance that I've known for years. This guy (used to?) perform magic tricks, well I guess he still does as the money in my wallet mysteriously vanished 😄

On these, I find the gambling 3 in 1 to be meh, just not my sort of thing. Lion King Fighter II, gotta love the name, and the war one, literally Taiwan Strait War, it seems as appropriate as ever, and it feels good to blow up some Chinese planes and subs in all its LCD glory.

The real gem should arrive tomorrow, if everything goes as planned.

IMG20201004144410.jpg

IMG20201004144416.jpg

IMG20201004144647.jpg

IMG20201004144709.jpg

IMG20201004144824.jpg

IMG20201004144841.jpg

• Like 4

So after the excitement last week of finding the Sampo C1Jr, this week was a bit more tame.

Grabbed a CIB Tetris Flash for Gameboy, paid about $10 for it at an old shop that half converted into a tea shop. 

This was the lube, so to speak, which allowed me to pester the kindly shopkeeper with some other, odder requests.

I grabbed one Sega Saturn AV cable from the man, no idea if the cable is a mismatch or not, but I don't think so as the owner has marked S.S. on the box years ago, and he claimed it was a situation where the actual product didn't match the picture 100%. 

Why would I care to buy this junk? Well the company is also a well-known Famiclone maker, sort of fun to grab some of their other products too. 🙂

Then came the Taiwanense Wii. He said it was just the empty box, and he was correct. I asked if I could buy it, offered him $3 for it, and he obliged. He laughed the whole time, to a lot of the shop keepers it's just garbage, then there's a few that are so accustomed to seeing it, they hate to let it go.

Finally the swag. A Mario bag, and the yellow item he said was a Nintendo blanket, it does have the word Nintendo on the seal, but I haven't opened it to see what it is exactly. I think he had another, maybe I can try to grab it at a later point.

Honestly though, most of this stuff that I just posted from yesterday's find is "junk", though it's the sort of thing I'll probably never sell, as it's the sort of things I had a blast finding and if past incidents can indicate anything, the type of thing I'll always remember regarding its origins.

IMG20201010210940.jpg

IMG20201010211132.jpg

• Like 2

Received some junk in the mail today. This definitely wasn't a steal, but it was fair. imo the Rockman X game and Pretty Girl Fighter are undervalued, and will increase drastically in price in the next few years. 

As for the Sachen multicart, I grabbed it just for the box as I was missing that. Very rare, yet not high demand.

IMG20201014003845.jpg

IMG20201014003851.jpg

IMG20201014003857.jpg

IMG20201014003902.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Wasn't in the mood to go out game hunting today, but I forced myself to go out, as there's some places I've been meaning to visit for awhile, yet can't during the week due to distance. Had a great haul today though.

Stopped off at a couple shops and grabbed some cheapie $2 Xbox / pS2 games, all Taiwanense versions.  Been gradually picking these up, if I find them cheap. Anyone spot the significant title out of that group? 

Went to another shop, and loaded up on gaming posters. I grabbed fourteen in all, mostly for switch games but there's some other stuff like a Three Kingdoms game and Shenmue III. The shop had some duplicates and a few other posters, I'll likely grab more next time I go back, if they still have them. I love this sort of Taiwan promo gaming stuff.

After wandering around for awhile, I stumbled upon a junk shop and bought this MiWi. It came at a price though, as the shopkeeper tried to hook me up with her friend, just so she could get a red envelope filled with money. After talking for awhile, I eventually just gave the woman my business card and told her to have any potential romantic partners to just message me there, and we could see where things led.

IMG20201108014210.jpg

IMG20201108014622.jpg

IMG20201108014247.jpg

IMG20201108014317.jpg

• Like 3

Then after I managed to get out of that shop, I went to another junk shop that I know all too well. I've known this place for years.

Last August, I saw on their website that they were selling an older, boxed Famiclone for cheap. I showed it to @OptOut and asked him if I should visit the shop that night (it was a week night) or wait til the weekend, to try to score the machine. Well he advised me to go then and there, but I was feeling lazy, and an hour later the thing had sold, so I was glad I didn't waste my time.

At this point I'd like to mention that the shop has a website, but that foreigners can't buy from but, even if they have the Taiwan equivalent of a green card. Systematic racism at play?

Anyways tonight while I was at the shop, I actually saw that very same machine, sitting on a lift, with some other items. I guess they had been set aside due to the online purchases but for whatever odd reason, it still hadn't been shipped out. So I grabbed it off and figured that when I checked out, it might come up in the system as having already been sold, but no, the last allowed me to buy the machine. After getting it home, I saw the really, really nice carts inside. Old Bit cart with top label, old Mario 3 bootleg, etc.

This machine was made in Thailand. Fun fact, 99% of Taiwan-made Famiclones styled after the original Nintendo version are red and white. In Thailand though, there is literally a rainbow of colours, while the mold still follows that of the original Famicom machines.

IMG20201108005237.jpg

IMG_20201108_005203.jpg

IMG20201108005717.jpg

IMG20201108005256.jpg

• Like 3

Now to bring the story back to the beginning. The reason I went to this city to hunt for games to begin with is because about a year ago I had found several Sega Mega Drive prototypes there, including a Sonic prototype. The day I grabbed those I was short on cash, and I had left behind some carts that I wanted to grab, which I finally did today.

Here you can see them, five Sega carts, three real, two are bootlegs. These all arrived at the shop on the same day, August last year, so it's quite obvious they were part of the same set.

Then a week later, in September, the prototypes showed up. These carts and the prototypes all came from the same source / owner , as these carts AND the prototypes all have a specific marking on the top of the carts. 

Although I think these are just retail carts, I ultimately figured I'd like to have them in my possession since they undeniably came from the same source as the protos I got. Maybe eventually we can piece together who had the protos originally and why .

I also grabbed a bootleg Wii game while there, because...well why not?

So this was the first stop on my trip today, before I went out to any of the other places.

With that said, I think I'll go out traveling again tomorrow, as today was quite a success. Goodnight everyone.

IMG20201108022441.jpg

IMG20201108022436.jpg

• Like 3

These arrived today:

The two Pokemons allegedly don't work, I need to investigate it myself though. A friend gave them to me.

Mario 16 I picked up for a collector abroad, as well as a bootleg Kickmaster for a different friend (not shown), 8 Eyes and Wurm are North American version of the rom.on the cart, and are hard to find.

Doki Doki is an extra, it's pretty hard to find as a bootleg, so it goes on the trade pile.

The Gamate game Boom! is also likely an extra, again likely for the trade pile. Same with L'Empereur, that bootleg is in a large cart, comes with a manual fully translated into Chinese.

This is just the appetizer, lol.

IMG20201111222529.jpg

IMG20201111222602.jpg

IMG20201111223206.jpg

• Like 3

Okay, this also arrived in the mail today.

This is a handheld electronic device by Philipps known as the IN2IT. The device was developed and test-marketed for girls back in the mid 90s, iirc. There's software included on boy bands of the time, beauty tips, cultural information on countries abroad, horses, etc...the sorts of things that pubescent girls might be into. 

There's also a game card that includes a maze game, as well as a mediocre, yet somewhat addictive, fishing game. Then again, everyone here knows when it comes to gaming, I'm a masochist. 😛

i had wanted this since learning about it five or six years ago. I think it's definitely a unique device, and I look forward to playing around with this over the next few weeks.

Got this as a trade for a few games. This is a near complete set of software too, I'm only missing an astrology software as well as a card that seems to be "that game", you know the incredibly rare title that every machine has.

i forgot to mention earlier, but the IN2IT was unreleased, yeah this was just a mock-up for testing purposes for a small test market of girls.

With that said, I owe a big thank you and special thanks to @OptOut and his dad, for making this trade become a reality. I established the trade with a guy I've known for years, who lives in Spain; however, due to covid-19, I cannot send any parcels from Taiwan to Spain at the moment (though interestingly enough, my contact there is able to send to Taiwan).

I first looked at some courier services, but FedEx and the like wanted over $250 to mail my part of the trade, despite the website estimates being drastically less. So at this point I looked and saw I *could* send parcels to the UK, so I asked @OptOut if one of his family members or friends back in England could forward the package over to Spain, and his father was kind enough to help me out!

So once again, this is definitely another one of those collecting stories that I'll remember 🙂

IMG20201111230335.jpg

IMG20201111230238.jpg

IMG20201111230208.jpg

IMG20201111230304.jpg

IMG20201111230647.jpg

IMG20201111230537.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

Okay, this also arrived in the mail today.

This is a handheld electronic device by Philipps known as the IN2IT. The device was developed and test-marketed for girls back in the mid 90s, iirc. There's software included on boy bands of the time, beauty tips, cultural information on countries abroad, horses, etc...the sorts of things that pubescent girls might be into. 

There's also a game card that includes a maze game, as well as a mediocre, yet somewhat addictive, fishing game. Then again, everyone here knows when it comes to gaming, I'm a masochist. 😛

i had wanted this since learning about it five or six years ago. I think it's definitely a unique device, and I look forward to playing around with this over the next few weeks.

Got this as a trade for a few games. This is a near complete set of software too, I'm only missing an astrology software as well as a card that seems to be "that game", you know the incredibly rare title that every machine has.

i forgot to mention earlier, but the IN2IT was unreleased, yeah this was just a mock-up for testing purposes for a small test market of girls.

With that said, I owe a big thank you and special thanks to @OptOut and his dad, for making this trade become a reality. I established the trade with a guy I've known for years, who lives in Spain; however, due to covid-19, I cannot send any parcels from Taiwan to Spain at the moment (though interestingly enough, my contact there is able to send to Taiwan).

I first looked at some courier services, but FedEx and the like wanted over $250 to mail my part of the trade, despite the website estimates being drastically less. So at this point I looked and saw I *could* send parcels to the UK, so I asked @OptOut if one of his family members or friends back in England could forward the package over to Spain, and his father was kind enough to help me out!

So once again, this is definitely another one of those collecting stories that I'll remember 🙂

IMG20201111230335.jpg

IMG20201111230238.jpg

IMG20201111230208.jpg

IMG20201111230304.jpg

IMG20201111230647.jpg

IMG20201111230537.jpg

Never heard of this before! This is pretty awesome. I would have loved this if it was released.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2020 at 12:34 AM, croagunk said:

Never heard of this before! This is pretty awesome. I would have loved this if it was released.

Yeah, I haven't had time to dive into it yet, but hopefully this week I can find some time. 

I also loved the concept of it, IN2IT definitely seems technologically way before it's time, and also for a market that was before its time. It's actually funny to me how just a few generations later, video games seem to have more away from both the "nerdy" and the "just for boys" categories.

• Like 1

I bought the Wii over the weekend. It was $30 CIB, everything works fine, and it is the Taiwan version.

I think there were at least five or six different Taiwan version wiis, I have two (the other one is not complete, actually I didn't even test if it works or not), and I also have the box for a third Taiwanense Wii. I'm going to try to get all the variants, boxed, but my goal is to pick them up on the cheap. 

I also received these two Famicom Pokemon games last week in the mail, Pokemon Red and Blue. Both are actual Pokemon RPG demakes. A local collector friend of mine sent me these two with a purchase I had made from him, as a bonus. In his words , "They don't work but I think they still have value".

One of the two booted up immediately for me, but then it froze up consistently about five minutes into the game. I figured maybe this is what he meant by it being broken, and the other cart I couldn't get working at all.

Well today I did a quick cleaning and they both run fine. I actually needed the Blue one for my collection, and the red one, although a duplicate, has a slightly different title screen so I'll keep it as well.

Finally, the last twelve carts are bootlegs. I got them a month or two ago from the local asshole reseller, on the cheap. He told me he couldn't get them working, so he sold me all twelve for about $10. Thing is, these are old bootlegs, and are quite desirable with the generic labels.

So I bought them, nothing loaded up when I got them, so I eventually tossed them in the junk box.

Last Saturday, @OptOut was snooping through my collection, and he also raided my junk box for a broken Dreamcast. Today I bought some more cleaning supplies and voila, all the carts worked without much effort, and there was some good stuff in there. Looks like I won this round against the greedy reseller. 😄

the cart with the rubber band on it, the shell sadly was broken when I got it, hence the rubber band to keep the shell and PCB together. Since I already have the games on other carts anyways, I'm not particularly concerned about actually playing this, so I'm not bothered about the broken tabs.

IMG20201116234013.jpg

IMG20201116234108.jpg

IMG20201116234123.jpg

IMG20201116234206.jpg

• Like 4