Sign in to follow this  
fcgamer

fcgamer finds

Posted (edited)

I saw this for sale locally, Ive wanted one of these forever. Several months back I found a different model, but has no idea how to get it up and running (still investigating it). 

Well earlier this week I saw this machine go up for sale, in my town. I messaged the guy, told him I didn't have a car and asked if he could deliver it to me, I'd add $15 onto the listing price.

We chatted back and forth for a bit, and then at 22:00 tonight he messaged me saying he'd bring it over. By this point I was sure that I was doing a transaction with a hardened gangster or something, but then the guy showed up, a pussy (pardon my language) in a Ford, so I knew I was safe.

I gotta learn how to adjust the settings (he showed me the buttons, I just need to see how they work) but she's ready to go.

Best part of it, he only accepted $5 delivery charge, as he was located quite close to me.

IMG20200424232612.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 2

It looks pretty! But I would like to ask on behalf of the majority....WTF is it? And what is a Xiao Ma Li?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GPX said:

It looks pretty! But I would like to ask on behalf of the majority....WTF is it? And what is a Xiao Ma Li?

Good question! It's a gambling game, sort of a mix between slots and roulette I'd guess? It's quite popular in Taiwan.

The name means Xiao (little) Ma Li (Mario) I guess because of this famous set up design with Mario, though other designs exist too .

This is the game that the notorious Famicom TV Mario game was based on:

https://bootleggames.fandom.com/wiki/Dian_Shi_Ma_Li

• Thanks 1

Ahh, was curious to know what Ma Li meant, now I know! Funny how “Super Mario” is translated into “small Mary” haha. Cool kit though! I’d love to own it and play it some day.

• Like 1

Super coooooool!

I always feel like I get to learn so much from your posts haha

thanks for sharing

Well if you don't I'd love to find a way to get that even if it is battered Rockman off you. 😄  Solid little game, had it back when the system was on the market, but not since, price bugs me (same with Cotton too which is worse.)

• Like 1

Oh by the way, if you're really that curious as I forgot to mention a couple things.  That Metal Slug 2 game there is the far better title of the two, so much to do there and fun to explore.

And if you want to try it, we all know what archive.org houses these days, and while sadly no one ever really pursued it since, neopop is a really good emulator despite being like 20 years old and you can get a feel for the games.