IGNORED

fcgamer finds

I saw this for sale locally, Ive wanted one of these forever. Several months back I found a different model, but has no idea how to get it up and running (still investigating it). 

Well earlier this week I saw this machine go up for sale, in my town. I messaged the guy, told him I didn't have a car and asked if he could deliver it to me, I'd add $15 onto the listing price.

We chatted back and forth for a bit, and then at 22:00 tonight he messaged me saying he'd bring it over. By this point I was sure that I was doing a transaction with a hardened gangster or something, but then the guy showed up, a pussy (pardon my language) in a Ford, so I knew I was safe.

I gotta learn how to adjust the settings (he showed me the buttons, I just need to see how they work) but she's ready to go.

Best part of it, he only accepted $5 delivery charge, as he was located quite close to me.

IMG20200424232612.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 2

11 minutes ago, GPX said:

It looks pretty! But I would like to ask on behalf of the majority....WTF is it? And what is a Xiao Ma Li?

Good question! It's a gambling game, sort of a mix between slots and roulette I'd guess? It's quite popular in Taiwan.

The name means Xiao (little) Ma Li (Mario) I guess because of this famous set up design with Mario, though other designs exist too .

This is the game that the notorious Famicom TV Mario game was based on:

https://bootleggames.fandom.com/wiki/Dian_Shi_Ma_Li

• Thanks 1

Oh by the way, if you're really that curious as I forgot to mention a couple things.  That Metal Slug 2 game there is the far better title of the two, so much to do there and fun to explore.

And if you want to try it, we all know what archive.org houses these days, and while sadly no one ever really pursued it since, neopop is a really good emulator despite being like 20 years old and you can get a feel for the games.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mail day today. 🙂

Didn't have a bootleg of Popeye in my collection, got this one for about $5. O E cart closer towards a Famicom fullset of bootlegs, lol.

Also grabbed a (Taiwanense) bootleg Mega Drive Action 52 with box. Now I have an extra (loose) one, which I'll put up for sale later.

IMG20200811183138.jpg

IMG20200811183147.jpg

IMG20200811183201.jpg

• Like 7

On 8/13/2020 at 8:44 PM, dyer said:

I love this bootleg! The artwork makes the collection seem so cool....and then man are you let down by the worst 52 games ever, mind you a nice pick up and a great addition to the collection 👍

Thanks. Yeah, for me, what's even more amazing is how titles like this, Super Mauro (FC), Tetris (Sega), Time Diver Avenger (FC) , etc even got bootlegged. I mean, we are talking about really rare / obscure items, especially pre-internet, yet pirates managed to not only become aware of their existence, but obtain them and bootleg them. Logistically, imo, it's amazing.

Hope Dave doesn't mind me posting mine in here too, since we were out together! 🙂

IMG20200816214654.thumb.jpg.48a11f3c8141336ebd23e2b166fdf918.jpg

IMG20200816215111.thumb.jpg.9c3815b81af51efa0c495ec54e04052f.jpg

Pretty sure it's the first time we went out together and I came back with more stuff, lol!

Probably just delirious after the surprise bike ride Dave tricked me into... Or the endless beers we were consuming as we walked between stores, lol! 😄

• Like 6

7 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

I apologize if this is an inappropriate place to ask, but what's up with the seeming NES Advantage clone?

6 hours ago, Speedy_NES said:

Cool stuff! Awesome Action 52 MD clone. Also curious about the joystick -- looks like Sega MD given the 3 buttons? What's the branding? It's very similar to the NES Camerica TurboTronic / FC NTDEC Turbo-202.

Yeah I don't know, the guy ended up chucking it in for free! It's for a Megadrive I guess though, based on the connector. I also have this blue one which Dave gave me too, which is a Famicom one, I think they look pretty neat! 🙂

IMG20200820100457.thumb.jpg.e7f7f055d8084895bba6faf732e197bb.jpg

IMG20200820100508.thumb.jpg.6896df5c77c2c5e129b662d8a3c2a771.jpg

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Speedy_NES said:

Thanks for the pics. Nice Famicom one, looks like a Beeshu Jammer clone. Is that Jeco International-branded?

Yeah it does say JECO on it yeah! I didn't realise people were interested in these kinds of things tbh... I just think they look cool!

As I said before, Dave gave me this one, so I would assume he knows way more about it than I do! @fcgamer

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OptOut said:

Yeah it does say JECO on it yeah! I didn't realise people were interested in these kinds of things tbh... I just think they look cool!

As I said before, Dave gave me this one, so I would assume he knows way more about it than I do! @fcgamer

Cool, yeah, haven't seen this version before. Jeco published a number of different ones, some of them in 7-pin format, too (seem to be harder to find). I started to slowly expand into Famicom accessory territory some years ago and have been picking up things here and there. The transition went more like NES --> NES/Famicom clones --> Famicom 🙂

• Like 2

So I don't know if anyone noticed this thing? Dave and I each picked one up last weekend, seems like there are a couple weird controller fans in this thread so might be of interest:

IMG20200823214350.thumb.jpg.a1d66db893903973cce86485d7f851f3.jpg

IMG20200823214439.thumb.jpg.5b402b9a7c641854819854893f6786b4.jpg

Seems to be a one-handed SNES controller suitable for playing RPGs and other slow paced games. Pretty neat, you can use your other hand for ANYTHING you want now... 😄

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, OptOut said:

So I don't know if anyone noticed this thing? Dave and I each picked one up last weekend, seems like there are a couple weird controller fans in this thread so might be of interest:

IMG20200823214350.thumb.jpg.a1d66db893903973cce86485d7f851f3.jpg

Seems to be a one-handed SNES controller suitable for playing RPGs and other slow paced games. Pretty neat, you can use your other hand for ANYTHING you want now... 😄

I got something like this for PS1 (made by ASCII) when my son was born so I could still play while holding him. It worked well for DQ VII.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Find from yesterday.

Randomly met up with a buddy of mine, we used to work together and we also occasionally cycle together. Whilst trying to find a parking space before grabbing lunch, we ended up spotting a junk shop and they had this.

63 Famicom games, and a Sega game.

Originally the owner wanted about $3.25 each, but he then said in English, whilst I was thumbing through them, "If you buy them all I give you a better price!"

His price was fair, but it didn't sit well with the amount of money in my wallet, so he asked me to counter offer , I did, and then walked away getting these all for about $2 each. Most of these appear to be brand new, some are still sealed.

Last night I went through them all and I'm keeping about half for my personal collection, some new variants I discovered, etc. The others I'll later sell, and a few I'll give to my brother.

IMG20200912142228.jpg

IMG20200912142652.jpg

• Like 3