IGNORED

The rarest GameCube game has been put up for auction. How high do ya think it’ll go?

Aha and my  old copy now comes to eBay at $6100 BIN OBO.  I distinctly remember that tear on the top.  Don't blame the guy for trying to sell at all, but I doubt we'd get a repeat of the sales price here.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Duo-Pack-Nintendo-GameCube-2003-Brand-New-Super-Monkey-Ball-Sonic-Heroes/202982381464

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

3 hours ago, RH said:

@jonebone Shout out... I'm going to walk down my expectations that this might have been shill bidding.  I don't know who this seller is but looking at the winner and other bidders, I guys this seller just has a solid following.  Regarding the winner, he posted his bid within seconds of the end.  This is someone with deep pockets who appears to love Game Cube collecting and is posting guaranteed-to-win prices on auctions since his one bid has won MANY auctions from this seller, whoever they might be.

Yeah I figured out who won. He privately told me he put a massive sum on this game that no one would’ve outbid. Don’t want to throw him under the bus. But essentially, there’s a GameCube collector out there with a lot of money. This wasn’t shilling, it was just a lot of outrageous bidding.

1 hour ago, N64Life1001 said:

Yeah I figured out who won. He privately told me he put a massive sum on this game that no one would’ve outbid. Don’t want to throw him under the bus. But essentially, there’s a GameCube collector out there with a lot of money. This wasn’t shilling, it was just a lot of outrageous bidding.

Never under estimate the power of two collectors, going after the same stuff, with VERY deep pockets.  It's a really good way to inflate a market!

It would have been interesting, though, to have seen a similar collector do the same thing.  One thinks, "no way anyone would pay $10k..." rich collector #2 thinks "no way anyone would would pay $10k... let met place a bid of $10,101..." and boom, it goes for $10,100.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maximus_clean said:

Who cares, you want legit rare gamecube? Ohhhhh shit mang you can buy these!

042BF9BE-D3CB-4266-A9D5-F99B0B808C56.jpeg

Now you just have to hope American collectors actually accept Canadian  variants as legit NTSC collectibles haha.🤞

Edited by Maertens29
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jonebone said:

Aha and my  old copy now comes to eBay at $6100 BIN OBO.  I distinctly remember that tear on the top.  Don't blame the guy for trying to sell at all, but I doubt we'd get a repeat of the sales price here.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Duo-Pack-Nintendo-GameCube-2003-Brand-New-Super-Monkey-Ball-Sonic-Heroes/202982381464

Sold immediately? Even with that rip? Nuts.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RH said:

Never under estimate the power of two collectors, going after the same stuff, with VERY deep pockets.  It's a really good way to inflate a market

It's one of the reasons forums like theses we're invented! I remember old threads of Big Buyers tired of bidding each other up anonymously and trying to reach out to join a forum, similar to this one, so they could ..err.. stop pissing away so much money and seek common ground.

That was the before time. The Long Long Ago. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2020 at 8:35 PM, jonebone said:

For the record I also don't think the seller is shilling, actually disappointed someone would accuse him of that.  When you run a lot of like items, as he has about 100 Gamecube items up, of course many people are going to bid on several.  This is quite literally the best run of open auction Gamecube games to ever hit the market simultaneously.  You're watching history and the seller timed it absolutely perfect.  Gamecube hype is absolutely insane at the moment. 

I think it’s ok to ask the question of shillbidding on an item we all agree on here that seems out of place to normal GameCube prices. To me, this is healthy skepticism. Even if the bidder(s) are totally non-affiliated with the seller, there is still a possibility of artificial bids to raise the typical price of what this item may go for. The end result would be the same ie. market manipulation and artificial inflation of “won” items. 

As collectors, I think it’s ok to be “wowed” by a sudden rise of an item. But by the same token, I think it’s important we have some level of skepticism as not to feed unscrupulous sellers or market manipulators to do as they please. Particularly when we are currently dealing with items nearing 5 figures or more.

On 5/5/2020 at 4:33 AM, N64Life1001 said:

Nobody on here can really confirm if shilling and outrageous bidding is mutually exclusive. At least we have everyone agreeing there is outrageous bidding! 🤑