IGNORED

The rarest GameCube game has been put up for auction. How high do ya think it’ll go?

The duo pack for GameCube has been put up for auction for less than 24 hours and is already at $2500 dollars. With 9 days left. Insanity. 

how high do you think it could get? This is something multiple people have been trying to get for years so I wonder how much someone is going to be willing to pay to finally have it after all these years. As far as I know it’s only the second public auction of the game, and the first one never sold/was taken down early. 

E70552B6-45BB-49E0-A6D9-B77B56CCD3EE.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

How rare is this and why is it THAT rare?  I mean, anything beyond it being a late-run game or something?  This is a third party title and it's a Player's Choice.  There has to be an additional reason of why it's so rare.

And since it's a dual-pack, I wouldn't consider this to be needed for a full set, so I have my doubts it's for full set collecting.  I think many would be of the same opinion as me.

• Like 2

That price is crazy already.  I sold one maybe 2 years ago?  Offered it to legit Gamecube collectors at the time and most of them were around $500 on it.  Took an offer above that but nowhere near the current prices.  I'm not yet convinced it is above and beyond the rarest of the 3 packs.  I'd say Sonic Adventure is certainly the most common but Monkey Ball Duo is not easy either.  All it takes it a bit of a drought and it will spike up too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RH said:

How rare is this and why is it THAT rare?  I mean, anything beyond it being a late-run game or something?  This is a third party title and it's a Player's Choice.  There has to be an additional reason of why it's so rare.

And since it's a dual-pack, I wouldn't consider this to be needed for a full set, so I have my doubts it's for full set collecting.  I think many would be of the same opinion as me.

I don’t consider it to be for a set, but there are three Sega 2 packs and this is the most elusive one, no one knows why. It’s just impossible to find and people have spent years looking for it 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

That price is crazy already.  I sold one maybe 2 years ago?  Offered it to legit Gamecube collectors at the time and most of them were around $500 on it.  Took an offer above that but nowhere near the current prices.  I'm not yet convinced it is above and beyond the rarest of the 3 packs.  I'd say Sonic Adventure is certainly the most common but Monkey Ball Duo is not easy either.  All it takes it a bit of a drought and it will spike up too. 

I’m convinced it’s the rarest because there’s usually at least 1 or 2 of the sonic and monkey ball one at one time, but This is only the second duo pack I’ve ever seen for sale in my 6 years of GameCube collecting. Maybe I’m wrong, but it’s insanely hard to find either way for sure. I wish I could have been the one to buy it from you LOL I’d gladly pay a grand or more for it. But not the 3000 it’ll likely go for 

16 minutes ago, Craigly1234 said:

Which would be funny cuz one was up for sale for that much last year and no one went for it 

I'm guessing that more people are online looking at auctions and that the stimulus money might play into it as well. Also on the number of bids. Realistic prob in the 3-4k range? Idk but in for the show.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, drxandy said:

I'm guessing that more people are online looking at auctions and that the stimulus money might play into it as well. Also on the number of bids. Realistic prob in the 3-4k range? Idk but in for the show.

Me too! I cant justify it. At the end if the day its cardboard, and I won't die without it  as much as I want it haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craigly1234 said:

GameCube is a bitch to collect for now. That’s the smart thing to do ☠️

Yeah, seriously.  I kind of wish I had got more into GC collecting than Saturn when I did.  (Sorry Saturn fans.) Anyway, I checked in on the market last week, and I'm actually quite shocked at how many games are in the $30-40 range, and how much 1st party games goes for.  I mean, I know everything goes through waves, but GC is legit expensive.  I guess the GC was truly swamped by the PS2 and XBox.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RH said:

Yeah, seriously.  I kind of wish I had got more into GC collecting than Saturn when I did.  (Sorry Saturn fans.) Anyway, I checked in on the market last week, and I'm actually quite shocked at how many games are in the $30-40 range, and how much 1st party games goes for.  I mean, I know everything goes through waves, but GC is legit expensive.  I guess the GC was truly swamped by the PS2 and XBox.

I Completed my set last year, and Legit over like 100 games have doubled or tripled in price since I got them. There’s multiple sports and racing games I got 5-10 bucks that agave bids in the triple digits. It’s like everyone and their mother decided to start going for a full set all at once 

2 hours ago, Craigly1234 said:

GameCube is a bitch to collect for now. That’s the smart thing to do ☠️

GameCube was the first home console (not handheld) that was mine and not my brothers so I have a lot of nostalgia for it, but holy shit I’m not touching GameCube collecting with a ten foot pole right now. Prices have skyrocketed into insane territory.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DarkTone said:

This wasnt released in PAL regions too was it? Because I would need to get this as well. 

I've never heard of this as the rarest game on the console. Interesting....

It wasn’t! There are plenty of rare pal double and even triple packs, but no Sega ones. But there were Activision, Ubisoft, and others for pal regions 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Craigly1234 said:

Me too! I cant justify it. At the end if the day its cardboard, and I won't die without it  as much as I want it haha

At the end of the day money is just paper.  Nothing backing it up other than the "full faith and credit of the United States".  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Estil said:

At the end of the day money is just paper.  Nothing backing it up other than the "full faith and credit of the United States".  

Fine, if you're not into holding onto a lot of "paper" feel free to send some of yours my way! Got a nice "waste paper basket" set up on PayPal you can funnel it into! 😉

5 hours ago, Bronty said:

won't last long term.    I mean W.T.F. cares.    

I am "today years old" since I found out this thing exists.

But, if it's legitimately rare then it's a really fun variant to hunt for. But this is pretty much just like the Rampage 2 Big Box for N64, or the Maximum Carnage set, or the Majora's Mask Adventure Set, or Gyromite Big Box.

Though a more closer analogy would be the "Magexa 2 Pack" in Australia.....Or Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt if it were an R10.

• Like 1