IGNORED

OCD Face Off: 3 Ninjas Kick Back - at the front because of the numeral or with the Ns?

Strange

OCD Face Off: 3 Ninjas Kick Back - at the front because of the numeral or with the Ns?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. OCD Face Off: 3 Ninjas Kick Back - at the front because of the numeral or with the Ns?

• At the front
    • With the Ns

The only "characters" that don't count when alphabetizing are special characters (like an apostrophe) or articles like "A" or "The".  Numbers go at the front.  There is no other way.

But, here' another question for debate.  How do you sort numerically numbered games?  Of course we put them in order as if they were standard digits, but if you want it in spreadsheet order, you're going to have a hard time sorting that Final Fantasy collection order on your PS1. O_o

3 minutes ago, The Count said:

The three Fisher Price NES games present a similar problem for me. I don't alphabetize them with Fisher, but rather by Firehouse Rescue, I Can Remember, and Perfect Fit. I don't know if I'm correct or not, but it keeps me up at night. 

That's a good point.  An even worse offender are all of the "Disney's" titles, or other game that delcare a company.  "Disney's The Lion King", "Disney's The Little Mermaid" "Disney's Dark Wing Duck" are all correct, but I don't think anyone sort's them that way, or even puts them in the databases with "Disney's" at the front.  I've often wondered if we should though, since it is a possessive form of the companies name.

• Confused 1

I don’t sort the Disney games under D but if I really think about it, I probably should.  It has the advantage of keeping all of those games together.

One that’s always bugged me is The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventures of Link.  1 should be in “L” and 2 should be in “Z”.  I find this unacceptable.  They both get sorted to Z.  I can’t have successive games in a series all over my collection regardless of what the name is.

Under T for "three."

Just kidding, I would put it at the beginning to respect the 3 but I don't make any exceptions with my alphebetizing. I even went as far to do this:

- Bases Loaded

- Bases Loaded 3

- Bases Loaded 4

- Bases Loaded II: The Second Season

Hey, the letter I technically comes after the number 4, I can't ignore that.

7 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Under T for "three."

Just kidding, I would put it at the beginning to respect the 3 but I don't make any exceptions with my alphebetizing. I even went as far to do this:

- Bases Loaded

- Bases Loaded 3

- Bases Loaded 4

- Bases Loaded II: The Second Season

Hey, the letter I technically comes after the number 4, I can't ignore that.

YOU MONSTER. Now you're just trolling. 🤣

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

I mean, obviously you simply ignore the "namco".

I agree, but this is where OCD can never be satisfied.   You may know that it's really "Tekken 2" in your mind and know that putting it in with the N's is offensive to any sane person, but then you always have to see a big ole n-word right in the middle of your t's.  You cannot escape the eye twitch, no matter how you sort it.