IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Super Mario Bros

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

I have to reevaluate my point strategy.  We end on the same level, but you have way more points than I.

I feel you should be able to score about 100k per world.  I am sure there are more points than that to be had but that's about where my scores are coming in at.

On 4/24/2020 at 12:06 PM, Gaia Gensouki said:

First score for the week. I played very conservatively and just tried to get as far as possible on a single life. Too bad I died due to the trampoline of all things.

Mario Bros.jpg

I was going to give this a go tonight. Your "first score of the week" post along with some others are confusing. Rules make it seem like you get one run and that's it, but posts have referred to multiple tries. Can you try more than once?

6 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I was going to give this a go tonight. Your "first score of the week" post along with some others are confusing. Rules make it seem like you get one run and that's it, but posts have referred to multiple tries. Can you try more than once?

You get as many chances as you want. But you only get one life per try. Once you die, you have to start over.

Edited by mbd39

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

Yes you can definitely try more than once. I think the confusing part is that you only get one life. So after you die you have to start from 1-1 again. 

4 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

How's Adventure Island going? Did you beat it yet?

Hell no. Lol. I’m actually still burnt from playing it. But when I do get in a mood to play nintender im still wanting to play it. Gradius will change that most likely.

tmnt 3 might get some effort from me as well.

i don’t think I’ve gotten any further in adventure island only getting to area 3 more consistently lol

Edited by skinnygrinny

17 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Hell no. Lol. I’m actually still burnt from playing it. But when I do get in a mood to play nintender im still wanting to play it. Gradius will change that most likely.

tmnt 3 might get some effort from me as well.

i don’t think I’ve gotten any further in adventure island only getting to area 3 more consistently lol

The game actually does have continues. There's a hidden egg in stage 1-1 that contains the Hudson bee. Get the bee and you can continue by holding a directional button and pressing start.

"At the end of the first stage (right before the G sign), jump up at the edge of the cliff and look for an egg. This egg contains a Hudson Bee, which allows for unlimited continues. At any point where you've lost all of your lives, hit any direction on the D-pad, and press START to continue."

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

The game actually does have continues. There's a hidden egg in stage 1-1 that contains the Hudson bee. Get the bee and you can continue by holding a directional button and pressing start.

"At the end of the first stage (right before the G sign), jump up at the edge of the cliff and look for an egg. This egg contains a Hudson Bee, which allows for unlimited continues. At any point where you've lost all of your lives, hit any direction on the D-pad, and press START to continue."

I saw that little bee. I didn't know what it did at first. I was thinking "well I didn't get any points for that". what does the key do?

1 minute ago, skinnygrinny said:

I saw that little bee. I didn't know what it did at first. I was thinking "well I didn't get any points for that". what does the key do?

The key takes you to the bonus area where you can collect a bunch of fruit. When you have the key, a platform that ordinarily falls down will instead lift you to the bonus area.

3 hours ago, mbd39 said:

The key takes you to the bonus area where you can collect a bunch of fruit. When you have the key, a platform that ordinarily falls down will instead lift you to the bonus area.

in the very first stage there is a platform that lifts into a type of bonus area but there is no key? 

5 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

in the very first stage there is a platform that lifts into a type of bonus area but there is no key? 

Some stages you just have to wait in a certain place and you'll get lifted to the bonus area. Other stages you have to get the key and hop on a subsequent platform that will take you there.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 1