IGNORED

Those of you who have an FPGA console - how is it? Do you still play on original hardware?

Strange

Anyone have any input on the plug and play FPGA for the Saturn / Dreamcast ? The mode

https://shop.terraonion.com/en/home/17-Terraonion_MODE_Dreamcast_Saturn_ODE.html

I'm interested but I haven't seen much pre release reviews. But it looks really promising. I've been waiting forever to get the Rhea but I don't think it's ever coming. Hopefully these stay in stock.

On 4/19/2020 at 5:26 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Anyone have any input on the plug and play FPGA for the Saturn / Dreamcast ? The mode

https://shop.terraonion.com/en/home/17-Terraonion_MODE_Dreamcast_Saturn_ODE.html

I'm interested but I haven't seen much pre release reviews. But it looks really promising. I've been waiting forever to get the Rhea but I don't think it's ever coming. Hopefully these stay in stock.

That looks awesome.  Finally we can ditch the crappy GDEMU and it's creator's stupid lottery scheme for purchasing.  I'll be getting two as soon as they hit StoneageGamer.

4 hours ago, CMR said:

That looks awesome.  Finally we can ditch the crappy GDEMU and it's creator's stupid lottery scheme for purchasing.  I'll be getting two as soon as they hit StoneageGamer.

Apparently theres one that goes for sale in may for 130 euro but it doesn't have the capability of file types or the capability in storage. I'm just so ready to be able to get original hardware action from the Saturn. It seems like the times almost up!

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2020 at 5:26 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

I chatted with someone testing it out.  He is happy with the results.  I plan on getting MODE eventually.

Just now, zeppelin03 said:

MiSTer got TurboGrafx CD support this last week.  Now Rondo of Blood has an FPGA implementation.  FPGA when done well continues to amaze.  I have no regrets selling my consoles and moving over to one device for all my needs.

I will definitely be checking that out.

• Like 1

I have the AVS, Super NT, and Mega SG. All well worth the cost. On the Mega SG, My Life In Gaming has a video for settings. So, you can get that Model 1 look and sound. 

Now we need a FPGA for the Sega CD. Every time I fix my Model 1. Something else brakes and it is down again. It has been a problem child since it was new. 

Edited by themisfit138

22 minutes ago, themisfit138 said:

I have the AVS, Super NT, and Mega SG. All well worth the cost. On the Mega SG, My Life In Gaming has a video for settings. So, you can get that Model 1 look and sound. 

Now we need a FPGA for the Sega CD. Every time I fix my Model 1. Something else brakes and it is down again. It has been a problem child since it was new. 

My vote for next console would be the TG-16/PC-Engine. Although that would be terrible for my bank account because I'd start collecting for those consoles.

• Like 1

As much as I love the Duo I got at the start of the year, if someone made some FPGA system that could handle optical it would be so out of here. Even then depending on price, if it had to be simulated optical and ran a system with only ROMs or a legit hucard to play I'd still be likely up to get it.

• Like 1

FPGA consoles are great. I only use my original hardware now when I get the random urge to play on a CRT... and with my current setup, that's not very often. AVS, Super NT, Mega SG, they all look and play great, and are more convenient. I'll get a MiSTer sometime in the near future as well.

Homebrew Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I got my Analogue DAC all hooked up so now I can play my Super NT and Mega SG on my CRT (so many acronyms lol). Looks an works great!

Loving both on CRT.  IMO, a lot of those scaling effects, like mode 7, don't come across well on a huge HD display.  Now I can play Super Mario Kart and not cringe or go cross eyes while doing so.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Deadeye said:

Loving both on CRT.  IMO, a lot of those scaling effects, like mode 7, don't come across well on a huge HD display.  Now I can play Super Mario Kart and not cringe or go cross eyes while doing so.

For sure; Axelay no longer giving me a headache!