IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Millipede

BeaIank

I do enjoy playing this game. The rounds go by pretty fast and it's fairly straight forward to complete a run. If folks are playing this at the same pace as Adventure Island (as I am), I feel that everyone will have maxed themselves out by Wednesday! How're you all getting on?

5 hours ago, ninjistar said:

I do enjoy playing this game. The rounds go by pretty fast and it's fairly straight forward to complete a run. If folks are playing this at the same pace as Adventure Island (as I am), I feel that everyone will have maxed themselves out by Wednesday! How're you all getting on?

i feel like its gonna take me a week or two to recover from adventure island.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

i feel like its gonna take me a week or two to recover from adventure island.

Are you looking forward to Super Mario in a couple weeks?

The original SMB is my favorite. I doubt that I'll get a million but I'll have fun trying.

Administrator · Posted
5 hours ago, ninjistar said:

I'm 'laying roughly once a day or so. None today due to headaches. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Are you looking forward to Super Mario in a couple weeks?

The original SMB is my favorite. I doubt that I'll get a million but I'll have fun trying.

im not a huge smb fan. i love smb3. i think i got close to 1 million last time. idk i havent played nintendo since sunday. 

Events Team · Posted
14 hours ago, bertsampson said:

So, the level counter rolls back to double zero after 99.  Also, when you roll the score, the game maxes your lives.  Goodnight!

Okay, so lives remaining isn't worth jack shit as a tie breaker.

Players should take a picture every time they roll the rounds counter to 00 to track their rounds past 99 (and 199 if necessary, etc.). Okay?

RULES EDITED

• Like 2

I managed to improve my score a little bit and updated it on page 1. I got to over 80k on a single live but then somehow ended up wasting most of my lives shortly after. This is really incredibly difficult and hectic, but still quite fun. Let's see how much room for improvement there still is (probably not much though).

Had a dream of someone playing Millipede just before I woke, the score was 505,???. Couldn't clearly see the last 3 digits. Certainly couldn't be me getting that score, most of the time I struggle to make 100,000. Last time I had a game dream ookii_risu got the score I dreamt for Star Force, so good guess if the dream comes true again she'll get this score I dreamed up for Millipede. I been playing too much of this shit, and still can't reach my goal of 200,000. Controls are sloppy and overly loose and shooting rate sucks, and it is chaotic as hell, yet somehow as much as I hate the game I find myself playing it ― I have myself a goal so intend to at least reach that.

7 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

I managed to improve my score a little bit and updated it on page 1. I got to over 80k on a single live but then somehow ended up wasting most of my lives shortly after. This is really incredibly difficult and hectic, but still quite fun. Let's see how much room for improvement there still is (probably not much though).

I did something very similar. I made it to 60k or 80k without dying. Died and noticed I hadn't died, then proceeded to lose the rest of my lives within 2 levels!  I was not a happy camper 😄 

5 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I did something very similar. I made it to 60k or 80k without dying. Died and noticed I hadn't died, then proceeded to lose the rest of my lives within 2 levels!  I was not a happy camper 😄 

I'm glad it's not just me. If I get pretty far with one life and then die, I lose my remaining lives in short order.