IGNORED

The new NES game Trophy has 600+ Backers! Check it out!

IBtiM

600+ Backers with Tons of Time Left!

Thanks so much for all the support for Trophy, the new NES game created by Gradual Games and and published by The 6502 Collective. 

Get In On The Action Here

Trophy is a brand-new action platformer for the original NES! Take control of the robot Trophy in this exciting new homebrew game. Save the peaceful planet of Gearus 9 from the evil machinations of Lord Q as you run, jump, and blast your way to victory. Collect power-ups along the way and defeat some of the largest bosses ever seen on the NES!

The earliest imaginings of what would become Trophy lie in the mind of a twelve year old Derek Andrews, and more than twenty years later the world can finally see the results. The retro scene is filled with examples of faux 8-bit games (many of them quite excellent!), but Trophy was developed for the NES, a true 8-bit tour de force. As with all of Gradual Games’ NES projects, it was programmed from the ground up in 6502 assembly language, along with using custom tools developed by Andrews for the project. With over ten years of programming experience for the NES, Trophy blazes new territory in the homebrew scene, pushing the technological limits of the NES in ways not seen since the heyday of the licensed era! This process took over three years, and is a true labor of retro love that shines forth in all aspects of the game.

Trophy is 100% finished and is being published by The 6502 Collective in both physical and digital form.

Trophy Kickstarter Header Art Final.png

Edited by IBtiM
  • Like 3

Thanks to everyone who has backed the project or helped spread the word about it. Derek is a great guy and an amazing programmer, and it has been our great pleasure to help get Trophy into production. If you have any questions about the release, feel free to send @IBtiM or I a PM, tweet, KS message, or postal letter!

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

I helped do a bit of testing for this game for gradual, back in its early days, and I have to share that it was a lot of fun, and was very well done!  I highly recommend the game.  I enjoyed it quite a bit back then, and I'm sure it has gotten even better since I last played it.  The game has a good amount of variety both in environments, enemies, boss fights, and more.  

It is just all around a fun game!  Congratulations on the success of the kickstarter!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, spacepup said:

I helped do a bit of testing for this game for gradual, back in its early days, and I have to share that it was a lot of fun, and was very well done!  I highly recommend the game.  I enjoyed it quite a bit back then, and I'm sure it has gotten even better since I last played it.  The game has a good amount of variety both in environments, enemies, boss fights, and more.  

It is just all around a fun game!  Congratulations on the success of the kickstarter!

Thanks and I am sure that early testing was crucial. I tip my cap to you. Just glad to see this is getting the attention it deserves. 

Really loving the label art we came up with for both the regular and limited editions.

Gonna be solid all around and actually really surprised on how many digital only backers there are. 

I must say that this game honestly looks amazing, thanks @SoleGoose for getting it published,band of course thanks to Derek for developing it way back when.

Quick question though: Will the game be available for purchase after the Kickstarter as well? Realistically speaking, since most of my online wheeling and dealing has come to a halt due to the virus affecting shipping routes, sadly I'm not really in the position to be backing any Kickstarter projects at the moment 😢

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I must say that this game honestly looks amazing, thanks @SoleGoose for getting it published,band of course thanks to Derek for developing it way back when.

Quick question though: Will the game be available for purchase after the Kickstarter as well? Realistically speaking, since most of my online wheeling and dealing has come to a halt due to the virus affecting shipping routes, sadly I'm not really in the position to be backing any Kickstarter projects at the moment 😢

Yes, and totally understand that. We are in the process of setting up something on https://6502collective.com for retail purchases that would be shipped after all Kickstarters pledges are fulfilled. Keep checking in there for more info or follow us on any social media for updates.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I got my digital download for this today.  It's pretty awesome so far even though I've only played through one level.  Congrats to SoleGoose for another awesome game release.

This is probably the best NESMaker game I've ever played.  edit: (👌😙 just messing with SoleGoose they don't use NESMaker.)

Edited by CMR

19 hours ago, Khromak said:

I've already played through the whole game on my cart and I didn't realize it was a NESMaker game. Very solid game, well done. Not a top-tier NES title in the overall library, but definitely worth playing.

Awe man, now I've started something bad.  It's not an NESMaker game.  I was just giving SoleGoose a hard time.  I guess I should have punctuated that statement with one of these:  😜

• Haha 1

I tweeted these out earlier but dropping it here too in case any of the 600+ backers want to cheat. 😜

Game Genie
==========
AOVPYIEI Invulnerable
APEOGTEI Invulnerable (on ladders)

SXKVSSVK Infinite lives
PEONILLE Start with 9 lives
TEONILLA Start with 6 lives
AEONILLA Start with 0 lives

Passwords
=========
3S0F2 All stages clear
CNFV2 All powerups