IGNORED

Resident Evil 3 Demo

Boosted52405

All I got to say is Wow, Nemesis is scary and fast as sh*t.  I played it on PC which I found more enjoyable, but wow he beat me down like a rag doll.  I absolutely loved 2 and being chased, but this is a whole new level.  Not sure it's $60 good though for launch.  RE3 was my favorite on PS1 too so I totally expected this, just didn't realize how challenging this is going to be compared to 2.

Anyone else tried it? 

I really enjoy the atmosphere of the new remakes, both Resi Evil 2 and 3. But the whole thing of being constantly chased and stressed out doesn't gel with me. I wish it did, because it looks like a hell of a fun time for those who enjoy it. I'd rather take my sweet time and soak in the environments, plan ahead and go at it in my own pace.

Resident Evil 2 is manageable, but this just seems to take it to a ridiculous level. I'm not quite sadistic enough to find much enjoyment in it.

4 hours ago, ifightdragons said:

I really enjoy the atmosphere of the new remakes, both Resi Evil 2 and 3. But the whole thing of being constantly chased and stressed out doesn't gel with me. I wish it did, because it looks like a hell of a fun time for those who enjoy it. I'd rather take my sweet time and soak in the environments, plan ahead and go at it in my own pace.

Resident Evil 2 is manageable, but this just seems to take it to a ridiculous level. I'm not quite sadistic enough to find much enjoyment in it.

I'm super saddened to say this is where I was left after the demo.  I was jacked up for this release, like big time, and then realized I don't think that I'll enjoy it at a $50-60 ticket level.  Very glad I ended up not preordering it.  Will hop back on the polar opposite aka Animal Crossing lol but will grab this when it drops to ~$20.

• Like 1

I loved RE1 and RE2 on the PS1, but for whatever reason, I never got into RE3, so I don't have the nostalgia for it.  

I loved REmake 2, but like others have said, I'm not a big fan of being chased.  I like to go at my own pace and having someone chase you is pretty much the same as a time limit which I also don't enjoy.  At least with the original RE2, you don't need to worry about Mr. X until the second playthrough.  With the remake, he is there in every scenario.  I was able to live with it in REmake 2, but if Nemesis is just a supercharged version of Mr. X, I might not enjoy REmake 3 as much. 

I bought REmake 2 at launch (pre-ordered it actually), but I will wait for REmake 3 to go down in price.  

I'm playing through re2 remake again now. I found it almost more annoying than stressful when playing re2 remake with mr.x and not knowing exactly where you're going. 

Still really looking forward to 3. Loved the demo and I also got absolutely rekt by Nemesis. Gotta get good at that dodge technique I guess. This will be pretty much new to me as I played 3 a long time ago. Not like 1 and 2 that I've played to death... Especially 2.