IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Adventure Island

BeaIank

3 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I think your tactic to play more Adventure Island than Star Force was a wise one. I can see myself going a fair distance here, but one week of playing will likely not be enough to get me to my max.

I’ve literally had a hard time decompressing and being able to concentrate on anything the last few weeks.  I’ve never done a no death run at this game, I’ve come somewhat close though. I’ve only gotten to that point once in the last month of playing. 

2 hours ago, Richardhead said:

I’ve literally had a hard time decompressing and being able to concentrate on anything the last few weeks.  I’ve never done a no death run at this game, I’ve come somewhat close though. I’ve only gotten to that point once in the last month of playing. 

I'm with you on this. The last 3 weeks has been hellish. I've had to find new ways to relax. I started setting up a new area to play games in. It's pretty limited on space but the change of scenery should help a lot. Maybe that's something that will help you as well.  

Edit: @Richardhead here's the start of my alternate NES setup. I'll likely mod it to play all teh gaemz and add some pieces of flair to the location for that extra bit of spark joy. 

vgs-ninjistar-nesclassic.jpg

Edited by ninjistar
more better
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, ninjistar said:

Score updated. @Bearcat-Doug and @TWarwick07 - heating up! 😛 It's not Wednesday, so I can't hate this game (yet). 

I haven't had a chance to play again since I posted my score Sunday, so I'm not sure how much better I can do. I had a copy of Adventure Island as a kid and was pretty good at it back then, but I don't think I've played it in the last 30 years until this week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kid Dracula said:

I tried to join the star force party last week but noticed I was too late. I went through the Adventure Island trilogy recently so I figured I should give it a go. 254,580

do you like star force?

nice tv btw. model fs120?

i see your saturn w/action hiding too. imports?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skinnygrinny said:

damn. i dont like this game, it feels like a chore but id like to mingle with the big boys this week.

It is a chore. Especially with all this SIP stuff happening. Jennie is always here when I’m here, so I spend more time talking with her and watching movies. My concentration level after work is so low I can hardly get a good run in. I’ll be doing really well then die at some stupid point in area 3 or 4, sometimes in the late parts of 1 or 2. This fucking virus thing has got me all kinds of fucked up in the head. 

2 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

do you like star force?

nice tv btw. model fs120?

i see your saturn w/action hiding too. imports?

I think like most of us I have a love/hate relationship with Star Force. I did finish it for the first time this year for the "Can VGS beat all the NES games in a year" thread. I'm not sure how far I could go on one life though! What level did you get to with your winning score?

Thanks! I just checked and the model is KV32-FS100. I found it ditched on the side of the road a few years ago and a good samaritan helped lug it in my car! I know the 32 is for size but what does the KV, and FS mean?

Oh yeah I love the Saturn imports. I'll snap a quick pic.

9 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

damn. i dont like this game, it feels like a chore but id like to mingle with the big boys this week.

Think of it as a game like Battletoads that is one of the more challenging on the system to beat. The level designs just keep getting more evil as you progress. The difficulty of the platforming and amount of memorization required makes it fun for me.

20 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

It is a chore. Especially with all this SIP stuff happening. Jennie is always here when I’m here, so I spend more time talking with her and watching movies. My concentration level after work is so low I can hardly get a good run in. I’ll be doing really well then die at some stupid point in area 3 or 4, sometimes in the late parts of 1 or 2. This fucking virus thing has got me all kinds of fucked up in the head. 

my man. your the reigning champion! calm down little buddy. the time will come, youll have one day maybe two when your in the mood and the time is right. when it comes hit those mother loving nes buttons like master higgins dreamed you would. bring it home champ!

jennie will be in your corner since you watched love note and country song with her.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kid Dracula said:

I think like most of us I have a love/hate relationship with Star Force. I did finish it for the first time this year for the "Can VGS beat all the NES games in a year" thread. I'm not sure how far I could go on one life though! What level did you get to with your winning score?

Thanks! I just checked and the model is KV32-FS100. I found it ditched on the side of the road a few years ago and a good samaritan helped lug it in my car! I know the 32 is for size but what does the KV, and FS mean?

Oh yeah I love the Saturn imports. I'll snap a quick pic.

damn! ive never completed star force WITH lives so nicely done. i maybe got half way through with that score. ole ti-83 is better at the game than me but im glad he ran out of time lol he deserves to lose every once in a while 😁

im not real sure the differences in the fs/kv. i think for 240p there is no difference. but i could be wrong.

i saved this fs120 just a few days ago. the picture is blurry as hell and its beat the f up but i think if i get in and adjust the focus pot it might save it. i jammed it in the front passenger seat of my 2000 civic lol

the picture is really nice but i have this 20" tau and i just love the size. this trinny is 27" and just a beast to pick up and its huge overall size.... its just too much lol if i ever find a 20" trinny it will replace the tau.

EDDDC71C-049A-49BD-A402-67AD794EB784.jpeg

2A8239AC-1581-4ABA-8BE0-5B33B6D22B2C.jpeg

89661B68-10BC-43F1-91A1-12E4316FFCE4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Think of it as a game like Battletoads that is one of the more challenging on the system to beat. The level designs just keep getting more evil as you progress. The difficulty of the platforming and amount of memorization required makes it fun for me.

it reminded me of battleroads but... not as fun. i like playing battletoads maybe its the characters and theme of the game? i was raised on an island i should like this theme. idk im gonna try and do my best this week. 

you think you have a shot at the top this week mike?

Just now, skinnygrinny said:

it reminded me of battleroads but... not as fun. i like playing battletoads maybe its the characters and theme of the game? i was raised on an island i should like this theme. idk im gonna try and do my best this week. 

you think you have a shot at the top this week mike?

I dunno. I expect some of the better players here to put up crazy scores. I might shoot for 300k and whatever happens happens.

• Like 2

@Kid Dracula thats a very nice saturn collection.

🏆

i already told richie (he recently picked up an epic saturn score)

but i got this for $80 at a yard sale. guys childhood saturn. he had a wii for sale and i asked if had anything else.... he says "hold on" goes in his house and brought this out with him. i must of had the biggest smile on my face cause he started laughing and said "is that something your interested in?" lol i said ok to $80 and his wife said "oh ya get rid of that thing". i only got the two games but the w the action, games and controller i thought it was a pretty good deal. and nice story.

85A878AF-D11B-48E2-A261-1FA14D0E88FE.jpeg

Edited by skinnygrinny
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

@Kid Dracula thats a very nice saturn collection.

🏆

i already told richie (he recently picked up an epic saturn score)

but i got this for $80 at a yard sale. guys childhood saturn. he had a wii for sale and i asked if had anything else.... he says "hold on" goes in his house and brought this out with him. i must of had the biggest smile on my face cause he started laughing and said "is that something your interested in?" lol i said ok to $80 and his wife said "oh ya get rid of that thing". i only got the two games but the w the action, games and controller i thought it was a pretty good deal. and nice story.

85A878AF-D11B-48E2-A261-1FA14D0E88FE.jpeg

Does it play okay? That was a fantastic deal.

The Saturn is supposed to be a great shooter system. I've never owned one.

3 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Does it play okay? That was a fantastic deal.

The Saturn is supposed to be a great shooter system. I've never owned one.

it plays perfect. i need to replace the battery as the clock resets but other than that 👌

i hear its a shooters dream. i wouldnt have one if not for this deal.

its $$$$ console even the imports.

Edited by skinnygrinny