IGNORED

I hit a major milestone in my car yesterday...

trj22487

25 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

To throw it out there, I think running your tank that low strains your fuel pump...plus gas is cheap right now 😅 

In most cars, the fuel pump is in the tank, and the gasoline acts as coolant. If you continuously run the tank to near empty, the pump will tend to have a shorter lifespan. I never let it get below a quarter of a tank. Pumps are cheap, but the labor costs are high (you have to drain and drop the tank, etc.)

• Like 1

You know when I was little, back when odometers only went up to 99999.9, I honestly thought when the odometer gets up to all nines and tries to go to the next mile, the vehicle just stops running or falls apart or something because you used up all the miles! 😄 

And what's up with these digital odometers?  How are you supposed to roll them back?  And as for it being illegal, in the famous words of Harrison Ford from Air Force One, "Only if you get caught" 😄

7 hours ago, Estil said:

And what's up with these digital odometers?  How are you supposed to roll them back?  And as for it being illegal, in the famous words of Harrison Ford from Air Force One, "Only if you get caught" 😄

There was a time when it wasn't illegal, and nearly all cars sold at used car lots were sold with zero miles on the odometer.  

On 3/29/2020 at 10:32 AM, Tulpa said:

In most cars, the fuel pump is in the tank, and the gasoline acts as coolant. If you continuously run the tank to near empty, the pump will tend to have a shorter lifespan. I never let it get below a quarter of a tank. Pumps are cheap, but the labor costs are high (you have to drain and drop the tank, etc.)

my lil civic has 200k+ and it always gets run past E.....

edit: just went to start it and the fuel pump is dead.

• Haha 1