IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

Skorp

I took it far easier today.  Anchovy moved in, but not the other two so maybe one a day.  I ended up getting customization of goods possible, so I decided to make a nice set of wood furniture then stained it as dark brown wood. I ended up meeting Harv and looking at his photo house island, just don't see me using that unless the game forces it.  Got a few more things into the museum and my pocket, paid the debt on the first house down to 20k.  Also learned if you don't want people bugging you about stings, wear sunglasses as it's not mentioned which is nice as it gets old fast.

On 3/28/2020 at 4:49 PM, B.A. said:

Well this game has officially pissed me off. I decided to buy it and let my 6 year old start the account. Now the only progress that can be made is on his account. He just wants to run around and build garbage furniture like barbells. Very annoying that I can't use my character who was created 2nd to actually do anything, just put stuff in my house and collect materials. Dumb...

Wow, so this game is not multiplayer friendly at all. I just checked the reviews and there are a lot of 1 stars and it is to this issue making it locked to one island per console permanently. That does suck a lot like MAJOR. 😞 What were they thinking.

Edited by Skorp

2 hours ago, Skorp said:

Wow, so this game is not multiplayer friendly at all. I just checked the reviews and there are a lot of 1 stars and it is to this issue making it locked to one island per account permanently. That does suck a lot like MAJOR. 😞 What were they thinking.

I could deal with the 1 island per switch, I don't like it, but could deal. It's the fact that you can't  ever change the "island representative", that kills it. It simply is not a multi player experience, 2nd player is 2nd class.

11 hours ago, B.A. said:

I could deal with the 1 island per switch, I don't like it, but could deal. It's the fact that you can't  ever change the "island representative", that kills it. It simply is not a multi player experience, 2nd player is 2nd class.

So is this even if your son has his own Switch profile, and you play on two different instances of the game?

EDIT - I'm loving the game so far but too cannot get enough iron nuggets for the shop.  Should be able to get enough today, 2000 miles for an island visit seems steep unless the miles start coming in a bit faster.

Edited by Boosted52405

27 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

So is this even if your son has his own Switch profile, and you play on two different instances of the game?

EDIT - I'm loving the game so far but too cannot get enough iron nuggets for the shop.  Should be able to get enough today, 2000 miles for an island visit seems steep unless the miles start coming in a bit faster.

They do. I'm drowning in miles and I buy two tickets a day. The stones on the other islands seem to yield more iron nuggets

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

Yep!  It is one island per Switch console, profiles don't matter.  I knew that going in, so playing on the same island was expected.  The fact that the 1st person to create a character is the ONLY one who can ever actually fully play the game is inexcusable.  

54 minutes ago, B.A. said:

Yep!  It is one island per Switch console, profiles don't matter.  I knew that going in, so playing on the same island was expected.  The fact that the 1st person to create a character is the ONLY one who can ever actually fully play the game is inexcusable.  

What?!?  That is insane, I assumed my son could start up his own game when he gets a little bit older - I'm sure they have their reasons but huge bummer.

Yeah hopefully Nintendo will listen and do some sort of update. Had no idea until I saw your post B.A. The game is going under 4 stars now with all the 1 star reviews over this issue. It must be so disappointing to buy this game for the family and realize how limited it is for the other players that aren't the creator/1st player. Like someone else put it, seems like it is "virtual social distancing" lol.

Well, I found one flaw I really don't like with the new shop. The 20% handling fee per item sucks. 10% would be tolerable, but why 20%? The shop closes at 10pm and you have no choice. I have to now deposit everything into storage and then withdraw in the morning and sell instead. =/

Edited by Skorp

1 hour ago, Fleck586 said:

They do. I'm drowning in miles and I buy two tickets a day. The stones on the other islands seem to yield more iron nuggets

2 hours ago, Boosted52405 said:

I am at 42k miles. They start to add up so quickly later on. I tend to find a lot of iron nuggets through the balloon presents. Just keep doing the nook miles tasks and they will add up especially the milestone ones. I had to do 3 island trips to get the 30.

Edited by Skorp

20 hours ago, B.A. said:

You can buy medicine for 400 bells from timmy/tommy that fixes your eye.

Thanks.  I know, I'm just cheap.  I already had the sunglasses so once I put them on the comments stopped and that's 400 more for a new item I could use. 🙂

I was lazy today.  After doing a good run with both Dragalia Lost, and trying out for a couple hours that Elder Scrolls Blades(which is surprisingly good and doesn't seem to require money due to counters, etc) I pulled it up for maybe 20min.  I got a couple nook mile perks from the top, got one more from the cards in the list too.  Did 4 fossils, found a couple bugs doing that I could milk for donations and for cash too.  My cherries I found, they sprouted 3 trees so I made 3 more then cashed the others out which paid nicely.  I'll probably do more to it tomorrow, like to fly again.  My 2nd house filled, it was that monkey I found around the two old AC staples.  I guess that kangaroo girl(name escapes me) should drop in tomorrow or the next day.

8 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

You may already know, but bring bait to one of the Nook islands. I got one on my second or third bait that way.

Is that all islands?  Or do you have to get lucky with that as well?  Not all have cliffs obviously.  

That's a new bit of info I hadn't seen.  Go to the island kind of, but having to fish from a cliff.  I hadn't heard that one before.  I'm just not going to get worked up over it, but I'm tempted to play it a bit a little later and see what I can do.  I think I get my next permanent building the services office next.

With April lots of new bugs and fish I caught earlier tonight! Also caught Tuna on the Pier so that was another fish I did not know about before. Gonna have to get some bait now and catch another one for the museum. Sturgeon is gone though, so glad I caught 2 of those before. Have a 3 bedroom house now and 5 neighbors. Things are going great.

On 3/31/2020 at 11:27 AM, B.A. said:
8 hours ago, B.A. said:

When you go to the other islands with nook miles, do they ever have fruit other than what is on your island (and coconuts)?   I've only had the same fruit. 

I have to catch a damn stringfish tonight! 

I was in the same boat, the stringfish was the only seasonal creature left to catch. At 10pm a had blown through my last 20 baits with nothing but common stuff. As I walked down the river to climb down, I saw a big shadow, threw a line, and reeled in a stringfish! And then my rod broke. 

As for the fruit, I have native peaches and have traveled to an apple island one night last week. I've read over on the Gamefaqs forum that you have better luck at night.