IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

Skorp

1 hour ago, noiseredux said:

Is it possible to send iron nuggets? I need more to build the visitors center or whatever but have mined all my rocks and even visited a random island to do the same and I'm still like 18 short.

I can hook you up. What's your SW code?

3 hours ago, PasseGaming said:

@Fleck586, to be honest, I'm not a fan of modern Nintendo. I haven't bought a Nintendo console since the Gamecube (I did pick up a Wii for my kids but only played Animal Crossing and Mario Kart on it). I just don't like them as a company, hence why I don't buy their products... but, they hold a special place in my heart as they were the world to me in my youth. So it's a weird love/hate kind of deal going on. Simular to how I feel about Disney.

The only reason I would pick up the Switch is because I love Animal Crossing and I really want to play it.. That and Links Awakening, I love the direction they went with that game, looks absolutely stunning.

Totally get it man, but this console is really hard to say no to. Its that good IMO.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

Out of curiosity, how many bells is "enough" would you guys say?  🙂

Been playing the turnip game pretty hard for about a month and got about 50mil.  Was shooting for 100mil but then realized I may never need that much lol.

I have spent about 30M so far. I'm going for 100M myself

I'm way above 100M and know for a fact I won't ever use most of it lol. I will help out anyone that needs it though or save it for new stuff that might come in the future. I go through so much custom kits for ice stuff so it's good to have for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Been so hard at work getting every DIY in the game. I am at the moment 4 away from having them all. What a journey it was collecting them. Also got furniture and misc. items completely cataloged thanks to my AC team! K.K. songs too! Just need 3 more that can't be bought from shop. Next goal will be to get all wall mounted items. Right now force spawning rocks to one certain location which is taking longer than I thought as I can't seem to get 2 rocks to spawn right now no matter what I change up.

Edited by Skorp

14 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Is there some master list for all the DIY?  I thought they added them as time went along with events, seasons, etc.

Yes there is. It is all hardwired into the game. There is a total of 595 DIYs, which @Fleck586compiled for our group in Google Docs which we have been following for a long time. Includes the 2 from the wedding season.

Edited by Skorp

NICE that makes me think they'll expand on the 3DS offering I felt was left out of wet suit and deep sea diving/fishing for some interesting stuff.  I hope this stuff was like already on the card and not an actual download, it would suck in the future all this stuff lost they clearly intended with server shut downs in some distant future.

I just finished the restaurant in my second house.  What a chore!  Easily put in 40+ hours into that house with all the time travel to order all the things.  But, it turned out really nice.  It scored 162,000 on Sunday for a Gold HHA trophy.  Super proud of that.  Now taking a break from decorating and trying to get all the photos from my villagers.  It's tedious too haveing to time travel to give them each a gift each day.  Hopefully, tonight I will get a couple of them.  I started with Roald and Ankha.  If this method works, I will go with Coco and Raymond next, then Judy and Tia and finish with Julian and Marshal to have all of my villager photos. Then the update...

• Like 1

After learning every single DIY well besides 1, I've started to redo my entire island. I know Josh and Jason have been at it much before me (there island are AMAZING if you guys haven't been recently). Been 2 weeks at it so far and before that was probably a month with trying to get all my 6 rocks spawned together. I actually had only 5 rocks all this time and never had a sixth rock until recently. Long story on that lol. Pretty much 90% of it is fresh and redone. So far 50% done and added a space and Zodiac center and winter wonderland and mush land and central New York  inspired park. Will have gate open later in the future and you can check it out. 🙂

Also if anyone needs flowers I have a couple hundred up for grabs including around 120 black roses and some blue and gold. I've sold all the non hybrids to the shop though just kept the hybrids. I was rock spawning, so that is why. Pretty much am done and know I don't need most of the extras for my island. Let me know.

Edited by Skorp

@Skorp I want to see it sometime soon. I’ve been playing every day for the last two months, but I don’t time travel and I only put about 30 minutes in a day just to do my daily stuff. But my wife has been playing too so it’s something that we can do together and we can go to each other’s islands to sell our native fruit/turnips. 

• Like 1

Question for you hardcore New Horizons fans... I did enjoy the game immensely for about a week, but haven't touched it since. I may well get back to it when I'm in the mood, so I'm hanging on to the game. My question is about Amiibos. I was holding on to some AC Amiibos thinking I'd use them in this game, but I'm starting to think I don't really care enough. So I guess what I'm asking for those in the know, is it worth throwing the ones I have on eBay as a lot or something, or are they not really worth anything? I just figured that with people so into the game right now, maybe they'd be in decent demand.

What I have is:

• The 3 Amiibo cards that came bundled with Amiibo Festival (sealed)
  • The 2 Amiibos that came bundled w/ Amiibo Festival (loose)
  • Cyrus (loose)
  • KK Slider (loose)
  • Reese (loose)

Do you guys think I'd get much for them, or not worth the hassle? (I do kind of like the KK Slider one, so I wouldn't mind hanging on to him for decoration, but have no attachment to any of the others).

30 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

Question for you hardcore New Horizons fans... I did enjoy the game immensely for about a week, but haven't touched it since. I may well get back to it when I'm in the mood, so I'm hanging on to the game. My question is about Amiibos. I was holding on to some AC Amiibos thinking I'd use them in this game, but I'm starting to think I don't really care enough. So I guess what I'm asking for those in the know, is it worth throwing the ones I have on eBay as a lot or something, or are they not really worth anything? I just figured that with people so into the game right now, maybe they'd be in decent demand.

What I have is:

• The 3 Amiibo cards that came bundled with Amiibo Festival (sealed)
  • The 2 Amiibos that came bundled w/ Amiibo Festival (loose)
  • Cyrus (loose)
  • KK Slider (loose)
  • Reese (loose)

Do you guys think I'd get much for them, or not worth the hassle? (I do kind of like the KK Slider one, so I wouldn't mind hanging on to him for decoration, but have no attachment to any of the others).

Honestly, the only ones worth anything are the cards for specific high demand villagers like Marshal, Bob, Ankha, Lucky, etc. The actual amiibos don't really do anything since they are all NPCs and you can't invite them to the campsite.

15 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

Honestly, the only ones worth anything are the cards for specific high demand villagers like Marshal, Bob, Ankha, Lucky, etc. The actual amiibos don't really do anything since they are all NPCs and you can't invite them to the campsite.

Oh, I didn't realize that. And the 3 cards I have (Goldie, Rosie, Stitches) aren't really ones anyone's looking for?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been a while wonder if anyone still plays this (of course besides you @Fleck586lol.)

Had a month break due to being super busy in real life, but now back a few weeks ago into AC yay.

Caught all fish last night. Just need one more bug and have all bugs. For models, just need 5 more bug models and around 7 fish models. A LOT of work to get all those I tell you.

I'll post my dream code here if anyone is interested in checking my island.

120285696_662942511315860_2428732588871031091_n.thumb.jpg.ceec4e010fd18fadac0d372a63a7cd23.jpg

Edited by Skorp
  • Like 1