IGNORED

What happened to nintendoage?

Long story short, Dain sold his entire collection, including NA, to “GoCollect” another collector site which focused mainly on comic books. They promised nothing would change, were super condescending, and promptly imploded the site. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Arkturus said:

Wow that sucks.  So much nostalgia, old collection posts, memories from that forum.  That is horrible.  So everyone from there migrated here now for the most part?

Some people came over, some people didn’t. Was kind of a nasty breakup. Could have been worse I guess.

13 minutes ago, Link said:

Long story short, Dain sold his entire collection, including NA, to “GoCollect” another collector site which focused mainly on comic books. They promised nothing would change, were super condescending, and promptly imploded the site. 

That's usually what happens in a buyout/merger...the pinky swear to the longtime customers/associates that nothing will drastically change, it's the same great company just with a new name...and within a few months most of the changes are mostly for the worse.

26 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I refuse to create an account to view whatever nonsense is going on over there. 

You can log in with your old account.

Oh wait you self-banned for unstated reasons just before the takeover, didn’t you? 

Well I think you can still see. I’m not logged in there right now and can still read threads.

7 hours ago, Arkturus said:

I was a long time member (vga collector) for many years.  After a long hiatus I wanted to get back into it and the forum is gone?  What happened?

Hey good to see you again, been a long time.  You collected a lot of VGA, sold them off and disappeared around 2013 IIRC.  Now VGA has a competitor in Wata, comic book collectors piled in droves and prices have gone insane but have finally started to cool a bit.

As for NA - Go Collect bought it with half assed promised and let it collapse into the ground.

• Like 1

Spoiler

This post has me thinking how Dain feels about this. Obviously he knew the deal when he sold NA and his collection, but I would guess that he is upset about how things turned out. The site he created was destroyed, video games were touted as the new great investments for comic collectors, and his collection was hyped up and given a "pedigree" so that it could be sold for millions more.

I would be pissed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BreaKBeatZ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This post has me thinking how Dain feels about this. Obviously he knew the deal when he sold NA and his collection, but I would guess that he is upset about how things turned out. The site he created was destroyed, video games were touted as the new great investments for comic collectors, and his collection was hyped up and given a "pedigree" so that it could be sold for millions more.

I would be pissed.

Or he doesn't care. Personally, if I were in that position, I would have gotten a pretty penny and would be pretty happy to get that large chunk of change. Why would I care what happens to a website and my stuff? Money is a wild thing. In large numbers, it can change your whole view on things. Just ask any politician!

• Like 1