IGNORED

COVID19 and the 2 week quarantine - how would you spend the time?

GPX

A bit of a morbid thread, because it’s a hypothetical situation that you unluckily caught the COVID19 bug! However, let’s assume it’s a minor form with low fevers and a scratchy throat. Your breathing is still fine. You feel tired and weak, but still able to hold a controller and play your favorite games.

Should such a scenario was to arise, how would you spend the roughly 2 weeks of spare time which you’re suddenly in? Alternatively, you may already have been in the situation, so let us know what you’ve done relevant to gaming. 

Things to ponder:

- would you go retro or go modern? Or fluctuate between the 2?

- would you play just the 1-2 games straight through to completion? Or perhaps try a ton of games that you’ve been hoarding on the shelves?

- which console/era would you likely to focus on?

I work in the health field so this scenario is certainly a possibility for me. A quick brainstorm and I have a pretty good answer. For the 2 weeks, I would probably focus gaming in the 90s, specifically games from 2 separate compilations that I already have:

- SNES mini (would be the perfect time to start playing it)

- Sega Megadrive collection from X360

60 something games to play within 14 days. That’s roughly 4 games per day to try out, neat!

• Like 1

I’ve been recovering from a bad lung infection so I have been kind of in the same boat.

over the last two weeks I played through The Links Awakening remake.  I owned it back in the day but never finished it.  I beat it with no deaths and got the hidden ending.  Brought a smile to my face.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GPX said:

- would you go retro or go modern? Or fluctuate between the 2?

- would you play just the 1-2 games straight through to completion? Or perhaps try a ton of games that you’ve been hoarding on the shelves?

- which console/era would you likely to focus on?

I kinda already do both, so that wouldn't change.

I would definitely try to finish some games I haven't yet.

Stuff my PC can play lol (though I am getting a Switch soon)

• Like 1

Honestly knowing myself, almost NOTHING.  When I feel like crap, I don't have the motivation to play a game, and even if I did my ability to put up with one ounce of bs or push back is at an all time low.

I'd likely just tap away at whatever I'm playing on my phone and very very little else depending where I'm sitting and the mood I'm in.  I'd probably settle on my phone stuff like Dragalia Lost, and a few other select things which are just fun busy work like Pocket City(basically sim city classic/2000 clone) or something else fairly light.

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted

I would play the shit outta any n64 games i had on hand, then progress to a backlog of nes/snes i have.........also, I would prolly play some pikmin, been years and since i just got a cube from @ninjistar I would go for that in a heartbeat.  This is actually a very real scenario for me kuz I work in a factory that is an "essential" part of the flow for sales of stuff..........

That being said, hope nobody catches it and that we get a vaccine sooner rather than later!!!!!  Regardless of whether or not I am not really middle aged yet, still a little scary........if for nothing else because of the paranoia it has spawned in this world!!!!

• Like 1

Thought of a good alternative (and if I had the money). Spend 2 weeks dancing away on this dance arcade machine, like these 2 fellas:

Have fun while keeping fit, and hopefully pushing away the Covid bug quicker!

Plus...impress all the ladies in a future dance party with my newly-acquired dance skills!

• Haha 1