IGNORED

Mega Tank

15 minutes ago, MashFan81 said:

damn... missed out on this one. can spectators still watch the match somehow?

Unfortunately the game specifics, such as players allowed etc have to be selected before the lobby is made. Seeing how they restrict private games to 1 per account I don't want to delete this lobby and have some sort of restriction on when a new one can be made. This is the first time I use this website, so I don't know if spectators can watch. If there is a way, I will be sure to post here. If not, perhaps the game has some sort of replay at the end or some analysis. This is a free version, so I wouldn't expect anything great. However, if this free version is cool enough, I might jump on paying the whopping $25 for an annual premium account to get top the of the line experience on this website. It looks to be fairly simple, so we will see how it all goes! 🙂

Don't worry, I am hopeful this isn't a one and done with this match/game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Unfortunately the game specifics, such as players allowed etc have to be selected before the lobby is made. Seeing how they restrict private games to 1 per account I don't want to delete this lobby and have some sort of restriction on when a new one can be made. This is the first time I use this website, so I don't know if spectators can watch. If there is a way, I will be sure to post here. If not, perhaps the game has some sort of replay at the end or some analysis. This is a free version, so I wouldn't expect anything great. However, if this free version is cool enough, I might jump on paying the whopping $25 for an annual premium account to get top the of the line experience on this website. It looks to be fairly simple, so we will see how it all goes! 🙂

Don't worry, I am hopeful this isn't a one and done with this match/game.

It's cool. I hope this website works out. I'd love to play a round. Love me some RISK.

I apologize as this may seem "late" to inform you of this, but I was not sure how this website would function. Now that one turn has passed and I can see how the format more or less is.

For the newer players or just a friendly reminder from the rules of RISK:

1. You must attack and gain control of one territory to earn one card. These cards, if you have one are listed on the bottom left below the map. You collect a minimum of 3 to turn t he cards in for extra units. In risk, I believe if you control a territory that is listed on the card, you gain some bonus troops if you control the territory during your turn. I believe you need 3 minimum to turn the cards in, but I am not sure if that number will increase as players turn in cards. I guess we will have to find out as we go.

2. If you control an entire continent at t he beginning of your turn, you will receive bonus troops to place across the map on your territories. On the bottom right of the map, there is a smaller map with numbers per territory. These are the numbers of bonus troops you would get at the start of your turn if you control the territories. If I recall correctly in RISK, if you gain control of an entire continent during your turn, tough cookies, you do not earn bonus troops at that time, you have to control the entire continent at the start of your next turn.

3. The little dashes and arrows that connect certain territories on the map, Brazil ---- North Africa, means you can attack/move in this direction to the connecting territories.

I am apologize if this seems late, but I do not know for certain how some of these details will function on this site.

12 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Lol this is gonna be the world's most boring thread from an outsider perspective.

I added a link to the first post with the link to "watch" the game. I am unsure if there is a way to make a video of these games or if at the end there will be some sort of replay function. It would be cool if you or anyone else knew how to make such a thing possible or if there is a way to save it or something.

Congratulations to the winner of the First Dominating 12 game on VGS @fox and thank you to all of those who participated.

I don't have fancy pants graphic abilities at my disposal, so this word layout will have to do. 🙂

Game 1:  The Europeans Have Taken Over The World

Game type:  World Domination

Place

D12 Username

Defeated By

@fox - Fox

Fox

@Mega Tank  - MegaTank

Fox

@0xDEAFC0DE0xDEAFC0DE

Fox

@Gloves - Gloves

Fox

@B.A. - B_A

0xDEAFC0DE

@Jeevan - Jeevan

Fox

@SpoonMan Abrams X -SpoonMan

Fox

After playing a game on the website, do any of you have any questions?

1. We can modify things such as capping a turn in card limit. We had it at increasing which is the default. We can cap the turn in card troop limit to 8, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 50.

2. I would like to host the next game setting as Assassination. In this gametype, every player gets a target to kill. If you kill that player you win. If someone else kills your target you get your previous target's target.

3. Standard Map, Same Time Limit of 24 hours per turn.

Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

After playing a game on the website, do any of you have any questions?

1. We can modify things such as capping a turn in card limit. We had it at increasing which is the default. We can cap the turn in card troop limit to 8, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 50.

2. I would like to host the next game setting as Assassination. In this gametype, every player gets a target to kill. If you kill that player you win. If someone else kills your target you get your previous target's target.

3. Standard Map, Same Time Limit of 24 hours per turn.

Any thoughts?

Sounds good to me.  Like the classic map and Assassination sounds interesting.  Fine with having a cap (say 25?) or not.  I'm down for another round.