IGNORED

Mega Tank

This is not spam, thought it might come off as it as first. So, a buddy i play on XBOX with informed me about this website that hosts a game that is basically identical to RISK online. Here is the link:  https://dominating12.com/   ** You NEED to create an account on their website in order to participate.

-Essentially the same as RISK except we can play a live match or a long term game, which is what we are going for here. The long term game game allows for 24 or 36 hour turns. The computer rolls the defense dice, so you are not required to be online for the defensive dice rolling.

Participants so far:

Game 1: Home Alone XMAS FFA

1. @Gloves

2. @Mega Tank

3. @Sumer

Game 2: Teams (Need even teams)

1. @Gloves

2. @Mega Tank

3. @FireHazard51

4. @Sumer

5. @B.A.

If you join the site for the first time, feel free to use my referral code 🙂 :  

https://dominating12.com?referrer=58586

The website has the rules set up and explained on there, but I created this to try to help clarify some stuff.

For the newer players or just a friendly reminder from the rules of RISK:

1. You must attack and gain control of one territory to earn one card. These cards, if you have one are listed on the bottom left below the map. You collect a minimum of 3 to turn t he cards in for extra units. In risk, I believe if you control a territory that is listed on the card, you gain some bonus troops if you control the territory during your turn. I believe you need 3 minimum to turn the cards in, but I am not sure if that number will increase as players turn in cards. I guess we will have to find out as we go.

2. If you control an entire continent at t he beginning of your turn, you will receive bonus troops to place across the map on your territories. On the bottom right of the map, there is a smaller map with numbers per territory. These are the numbers of bonus troops you would get at the start of your turn if you control the territories. If I recall correctly in RISK, if you gain control of an entire continent during your turn, tough cookies, you do not earn bonus troops at that time, you have to control the entire continent at the start of your next turn. If you eliminate a player during your turn, you can trade those cards in during your current turn.

3. The little dashes and arrows that connect certain territories on the map, Brazil ---- North Africa, means you can attack/move in this direction to the connecting territories.

I am apologize if this seems late, but I do not know for certain how some of these details will function on this site.

Here is a RISK tutorial video:  Remember, this is the board game version the YT video posted is for. There may be slight differences to Dominating 12's gameplay, but it seems to be very accurate and true to RISK's gameplay.

Rolling Dice in RISK - Note, you can only attack with a territory that has 2 troops MINIMUM. A territory with 1 troop cannot attack. The user that made this video posted it in the video notes as the end of the video shows the territory attacking with 1 troops, this is incorrect. The website does this process with the max number of dice rolls anyways, but this just clarifies how the "numbers" work.

Edited by Mega Tank
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, B.A. said:

How does it work exactly? We all need to be online or we wait until someone logs in to take their turn?

Looks like it supports both those play styles, but Mega Tank is suggesting that we play the long term game where we wait for someone to log on to take their turn.

@Mega Tank I'd be up for it. It's been a long time since I have been able to get a group of people to play risk with me.

52 minutes ago, B.A. said:

How does it work exactly? We all need to be online or we wait until someone logs in to take their turn?

As @0xDEAFC0DE explained above.

There are two playstyle from what I can tell.

1. Live -  you need to be present as the game is live.

2. Long Play - It is your turn once all the other players have made their move. Each player has a time limit for their move. 24 or 36 hours. I think 24 is enough, but just stating the two options. The die are rolled by the computer for each player. So if Player A (it is their turn) attacks Player B, the die for Player B are automatically rolled by the computer/site. 

The goal for us is Long Play to get more people involved. Live play would only work if we all set a date and time to hang out and play a game, which who knows how long that would last. When I have played RISK in person a game typically took at least 4 hours.

Edited by Mega Tank

26 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Firstly, I LOVE the map of Canada:

image.png

Secondly, do you have to have played RISK before to have anything resembling a chance at this? I've never played RISK at all.

I have only played RISK in person. The RISK version I have played the most has mission cards that you need to complete the mission to win the game. Each mission card has a different mission, for example, Eliminate the green team, if there is no green team control 12 territories. So you have to strategize to mask your attacks and primary objective. In the example I gave, if another team eliminates green in the game, you win.

In this case, the default and only option on this website for right now is straight up world domination.

8 hours ago, ninjistar said:

My life is crazy right now, but I will consider this (now and in the future). I played a fair amount of RISK as a kid, but not since. I always enjoyed it. @Richardhead was asking about collaborating on some games. I don't think this is exactly what he had in mind, but tagging him because he may want to play!

Keep us in mind! Sometimes a good game like RISK can occupy your time and take your mind off things for a bit. Hopefully there will be other games after this one and see how it develops from there! 🙂

• Like 1