Sign in to follow this  
Reed Rothchild

Movie Debate #9: Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker

Rate it  

15 members have voted

1. 1. See below for explanation of ratings

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.

5/10 for me. I personally vastly preferred TFA and TLJ, I really think they could've handled this one way better. Definitely a bittersweet... second ending? I guess? To the series, leaning more towards bitter than sweet. There are plenty of things I liked about it, but it really was just a mess top to bottom. And, without any spoilers, the very last scene of the movie just left me confused and disappointed, which is not how you'd want to close any franchise out, much less one this huge. Overall, I was hugely disappointed by it. I still stand by what I said when both movies came out that TFA and TLJ are both genuinely very good, but unfortunately out of the three movies in the trilogy, the very last one was the one they just couldn't stick the landing to. I still did enjoy watching it, and like I said there are for sure things it got right, so for that reason it just barely crawls to 5/10 for me. For me personally, it wasn't... bad per se, it was just very disappointing.

This is all saying a lot coming from me too, I'm usually very very easy to please when it comes to movies and games. It's rare that I think a movie is bad or even disappointing, but here we are.

Still haven't seen it yet.  This would be a good time to push the streaming date up like they did with Frozen 2.  

7/10. I enjoyed my time in the theatre. Stuff i didnt like prrventing me from going higher. Had a great time though. Saw it twice. Liked it more the second time and the parts i didnt like the first time werent near as jarring the second time since I was able to relax and watch more.

I have not seen this yet so cannot rightly rate it; though given the law of trilogies and everything I've heard my expectations are low lol

3/10.  Not very good.  

It had a couple of neato new Force powers, and I appreciated a certain cameo, but that was it.  I didn't like the convoluted story, the double MacGuffin, the wonky logic, the villain, final battle, other final battle, space horses, more superlasers, etc., etc., etc.  I'm just glad it's done.  I really hope they just quietly let this trilogy die over the next ten years and eventually act like it never happened.  That would be great.

• Thanks 1

1/10

This movie was a joke. This capped of the superfluous sequel trilogy. Everything that happened in the OT was in vain and sequel trilogy characters were paper thin in development. This made the whole saga a Palestine saga.

Disney royally blew these movies. The only interesting movie they made in my opinion was Rogue One. Everything else was a pathetic imitation of the OT with a few twists. Say what you want about the PT, but at least Lucas built up a world and created a political universe that led to the Empire. They are flawed but he built up an intricate world. These new movies never scratched the surface. JJ tried to save face after TLJ backlash, which was deserved for demolition of Luke’s character and complete regression of Poe and Finn. Ultimately, this movie failed to do that and contradicted TLJ bringing back Palps.

I’ve removed these movies from my mind when thinking about Star Wars just like I removed Ghostbusters 2 and Rocky 5.

• Thanks 1