IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Yoshi's Cookie

BeaIank

Updated to 76k on page 1. I forget if it was this game or not but I somehow managed to get (aka got pretty lucky with) a 256x10 combo at the very start which left me with a 2x2 from a 6x7. I'm only point pressing 1-1 to 1-4 and 2-1, so there's still some room for improvement if I get better at faster speeds. I also need to get better at the latter levels so I can survive past round 5 on one life. 

I looked up the last time this game was run and the winning score was 98k, so 100k seems like a good mark to shoot for. It seems fairly within range but we'll see if I hit a wall. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MeganJoanne said:

Score hast been updated, and seems to be the best I can do. Puzzle games aren't my strongth point.

I'll give it hell, but this game is such a long grind. I'm not sure how many times I can play it. That seems to be a decent score to me, @MeganJoanne. But you know all too well how these contests go. I wish you luck! And myself too 😄

10 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Updated to 76k on page 1. I forget if it was this game or not but I somehow managed to get (aka got pretty lucky with) a 256x10 combo at the very start which left me with a 2x2 from a 6x7. I'm only point pressing 1-1 to 1-4 and 2-1, so there's still some room for improvement if I get better at faster speeds. I also need to get better at the latter levels so I can survive past round 5 on one life. 

I looked up the last time this game was run and the winning score was 98k, so 100k seems like a good mark to shoot for. It seems fairly within range but we'll see if I hit a wall. 

I have a hard time knowing when to not get too greedy with the point pressing. Once it gets out of hand then it's over.

44 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I have a hard time knowing when to not get too greedy with the point pressing. Once it gets out of hand then it's over.

Yeah, I've been pretty conservative with that so far. Mostly, I just keep track of how many points I have as a way of measuring how far I am into the level, but I'm starting to get the hang of judging when I should stop by how fast the rows are coming down.