IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

3 minutes ago, RH said:

So, is this still short-squeezing or are people just this dumb to buy into a stock of a dead company at whatever price they are being sold on the order books?

Unknown -- there is at least some chatter about this being related to updated short numbers being released and the number of shorts going UP rather than DOWN (granted they would presumably all be at a much more defensible position than the first wave of the squeeze that was attempting to crush shorts that entered below $6/share)

And on top of that, the WSB-guys, at least, are pumped about DFV / Roaring Kitty / Keith Gill having doubled his share position following his congressional testimony (bought another 50,000 shares out of his cash hoard)

Of course coupled with the CFO departure today.

Edited by arch_8ngel

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking about grabbing GME. Just don't know if that gamma looking squeeze was from people closing short positions or if the increased price is tightening the noose 

Edit: I was telling someone yest. that the increasing inflation would be good for gme and amc smh

Edited by Californication

3 hours ago, Californication said:

All the meme stocks or up so this isn't based on fundamentals. Really wishing I would have bought back in at $135. That is going to ruin my night.

Dude, this is not one to wring hands about. This is not real investing. This is 100% speculating. This isn't like investing in Blockbuster instead of Amazon in 2010. People getting in above $100 might as well be throwing money into a dumpster fire.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Dude, this is not one to wring hands about. This is not real investing. This is 100% speculating. This isn't like investing in Blockbuster instead of Amazon in 2010. People getting in above $100 might as well be throwing money into a dumpster fire.

I'll tell you what's not real investing, holding shares of half of the airline stocks, starbucks, wynn, etc. that are inflated like so many sectors of the market. These companys are going to have another bad year and are selling for more than they did before the pandemic. The last week has reminded me of how fragile the market is when we saw big caps like etsy drop 12% in the snap of a finger. So when I see a play that could have netted 40% I will take that all day over trying to create a diversified portfolio in a market with so many pockets of bubbles that a systemic market decline is a high probability. 

7 hours ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

I really want to invest in Apple but I cant decide if now is a good time or not.  I can only see them going up, but they were down to like $57/share last year.

I'm no expert, but I think Apple is a really good buy right now. They are an extremely healthy company and the stock is about the same price it was in Aug 2020, even though the market has been crazy for tech stocks. Remember, they were never actually trading at $57/share, it just looks that way because the stock split last year and most graphs ignore that. The lowest they've been in many years was about $106 after the split. See the graphs below for the actual price before and after the split. 

image.png.842bd7b547405bcc127a0a90545a6f05.png

Screenshot_20210225-070558.jpg.2a81a0e0a3265cd85706607afee15593.jpg

I think Apple will gain 20% or more this year.

10 hours ago, Californication said:

I'll tell you what's not real investing, holding shares of half of the airline stocks, starbucks, wynn, etc. that are inflated like so many sectors of the market. These companys are going to have another bad year and are selling for more than they did before the pandemic. The last week has reminded me of how fragile the market is when we saw big caps like etsy drop 12% in the snap of a finger. So when I see a play that could have netted 40% I will take that all day over trying to create a diversified portfolio in a market with so many pockets of bubbles that a systemic market decline is a high probability. 

I really think that you're leaning into a dangerous attitude that is much more likely to blow up in your face than it is to lead to success.

EDIT: and in total seriousness -- cross-referencing your posts HERE with your posts in the politics discussion about whether a $50k student loan debt payoff is necessary or a good idea does NOT serve to make your case in the other thread 😛😉 

Edited by arch_8ngel

36 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I really think that you're leaning into a dangerous attitude that is much more likely to blow up in your face than it is to lead to success.

EDIT: and in total seriousness -- cross-referencing your posts HERE with your posts in the politics discussion about whether a $50k student loan debt payoff is necessary or a good idea does NOT serve to make your case in the other thread 😛😉 

I'm not investing my money. My money is sitting in a savings account. I'll invest my personal money after the market implodes.

Most investing in the current market should be considered dangerous behavior.

Edit: and I don't need the govt. to pay off my loan. I am making more money as I keep a position and even more when I chose to take a new position. My argument is that student debt relief is one of the only few options the democrats have to stimulate the economy because the conservatives seem like they will limit most major legislation to reconciliation.

16 minutes ago, Californication said:

I'm not investing my money. My money is sitting in a savings account. I'll invest my personal money after the market implodes.

Most investing in the current market should be considered dangerous behavior.

Edit: and I don't need the govt. to pay off my loan. I am making more money as I keep a position and even more when I chose to take a new position. My argument is that student debt relief is one of the only few options the democrats have to stimulate the economy because the conservatives seem like they will limit most major legislation to reconciliation.

Since you seem to be saying two different thing, which of these statements is actually true? 

5 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Since you seem to be saying two different thing, which of these statements is actually true? 

The second statement is related to work. I am in the growth part of my career. I am getting raises bonuses etc. for staying with my current company, but would get paid more if I choose to leave.My argument is that I don't need the govt. to pay my student loans, but that doesn't diminish the fact that other college graduates didn't choose a stable profession like accounting or that the debt relief is the best opportunity available to try and boost the economy.

12 minutes ago, Californication said:

The second statement is related to work. I am in the growth part of my career. I am getting raises bonuses etc. for staying with my current company, but would get paid more if I choose to leave.My argument is that I don't need the govt. to pay my student loans, but that doesn't diminish the fact that other college graduates didn't choose a stable profession like accounting or that the debt relief is the best opportunity available to try and boost the economy.

Ah, was reading "position" as a stock position given the context of the rest of the discussion 😛

Well it looks like AMC took a beat down today, right on schedule.  I'm going to guess there's going to be a weak attempt after hours to pump it up, and tomorrow we should see a further slide.

Honestly, I didn't think it'd drop this fast when it would. I might have to re-adjust my target floor range from $6-7, to $5-6.  We will see what tomorrow looks like.

On 2/24/2021 at 4:08 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Oh yeah for sure. You are WAY more likely to lose money on AMC or Gamestop than make money at this point. They are complete joke stocks. The only exception is if you truly buy at the bottom. We both bought at $5.50 which is a reasonable price for the stock. $9 is not.

I got some good prices today on Square, Clover Health, and Fuse Acquisition. Those should give me some nice returns over the coming days and weeks. Today was a great day to buy real stocks.

I also think Apple is an amazing buy right now. It's down quite a bit from its peak and down for the year. I bet it makes 20% growth by the end of the year.

Clover Health having a great run today, up 12% so far. Thanks to last week's selloff, it was a heck of a deal in the high $9 range last week. Earnings is tonight, so clearly the market expects good things and wants to get in while they can. Should be an interesting aftermarket for them tonight.

Anyone in for the Oscar Health IPO tomorrow? I will probably try to day trade it and then get out before the day 2 drop.

Edited by DoctorEncore