IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

34 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

We Sold almost all of our physical silver ages ago. At our companies peak we had about 38,000 ozt. Of it in inventory.

These says I think we’ve got 500 ozt just as a memento from the business we shuttered.

Either way, Reddit idiots aren’t saying buying silver. Not sure where the news is getting that info from ... Reddit is saying the guys who have the most to lose in GameStop own a lot of silver though and that this is a media campaign to manipulate the market to get some money in their pockets to soften the blow.

🤷🏻‍♂️

The reddit run on silver is real and started with this post, but there are numerous others now: 

The difference here is that the community has not united around it and have, in fact, been actively suspicious of this new push. But the effect is undeniable. Look at SLV since this post:

image.png.e8036d81e5fb18ed227fcee41a9c536f.png

No matter who you attribute this to, it is making money for people who got in early. 

I'm just wondering if someone just wanted to test out the wsb strategy on something tied to actual physical product. There are some very real reasons that SLV won't run very far, but this could work on other companies involved in silver mining and processing (see: AG which had a huge run in pre-market trading and is still up 20% as of now). Here's a good article about why SLV can't go very far:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/02/01/why-squeezing-ishares-silver-trust-doomed-to-fail/

Anyways, Reddit gave me a nice little short term profit on SLV, but I'm also considering holding some of it for the long haul due to market craziness.

Edited by DoctorEncore

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Californication said:

Man. This is getting rough. I added GME at $265 and AMC at $14.75. No resistance.

I stand to lose $400 if I sell right now. Though here’s the thing, to me this is just the price of “tuition”

Im learning so much right now and I’m sure I’m not the only newbie who will stick around after the GameStop debacle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Californication said:

Doesn't the volume seem low. Today is at 16m. The 10 day avg. Is 97 m.

If I wanted to buy right now I’d only be allowed to buy 0 on Robinhood since I’m only allowed to hold 5.

Basically Robinhood (the platform of choice for Reddit) is blatantly manipulating the market by forcing people’s hands at how much they’re allowed to buy. Then again I know f**k-all about how this actually works

17 minutes ago, Californication said:

Doesn't the volume seem low. Today is at 16m. The 10 day avg. Is 97 m.

14 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

If I wanted to buy right now I’d only be allowed to buy 0 on Robinhood since I’m only allowed to hold 5.

Basically Robinhood (the platform of choice for Reddit) is blatantly manipulating the market by forcing people’s hands at how much they’re allowed to buy. Then again I know f**k-all about how this actually works

Buying is still limited on multiple platforms, most of the shorts have exited (short percentage is now 60-80% instead of 120+), the stock is too expensive for most wsb'ers, and a lot of hype has been transferred to AMC and silver. The market giveth and the market taketh.

On 2/1/2021 at 11:15 AM, DoctorEncore said:

Buying is still limited on multiple platforms, most of the shorts have exited (short percentage is now 60-80% instead of 120+), the stock is too expensive for most wsb'ers, and a lot of hype has been transferred to AMC and silver. The market giveth and the market taketh.

For what it's worth -- this is not a fact, it is an estimate, and the origins of the estimate have a significant chance of conflict of interest.

That said -- the attacks by shorts in combination with heavily restricted retail volume may end up succeeding.

EDIT:  also A LOT of clamoring on reddit that the silver discussion is a smear campaign by media/hedgies and that wsb says they are NOT investing in it.

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

For what it's worth -- this is not a fact, it is an estimate, and the origins of the estimate have a significant chance of conflict of interest.

That said -- the short-ladder attacks in combination with heavily restricted retail volume may end up succeeding.

Yeah, they could easily be manipulating the number, but you have to assume some of them decided to finally get out.

GME has been hovering around 260 for a while. Maybe we've reached equilibrium? It's good that it didn't straight up crash, but it may be time for people to get out.

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Yeah, they could easily be manipulating the number, but you have to assume some of them decided to finally get out.

GME has been hovering around 260 for a while. Maybe we've reached equilibrium? It's good that it didn't straight up crash, but it may be time for people to get out.

That sounds like quitter talk!

💎👐

• Thanks 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, DoctorEncore said:

I'll believe we're there once Robinhood and others allow unrestricted buying again.

While the artificial suppression of buying may win in the end -- while it is going on, the actual willingness to buy is not fully known.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

HOW DARE YOU! Time to lay the smack down with these diamond hands! Whack!

(disclaimer: I am 100% just meming)

Prepare for death by a thousand paper cuts!

So anyways... Anyone gonna buy the dip? It never made it to the $150 I was looking for, so the slow slide to oblivion may have already begun. Volume was incredibly low today thanks to trading restrictions. I think it's possible the Redditors rally the troops for one last go, but it's getting riskier and riskier.

Edited by DoctorEncore

Administrator · Posted

Prepare for death by a thousand paper cuts!

So anyways... Anyone gonna buy the dip? It never made it to the $150 I was looking for, so the slow slide to oblivion may have already begun. I think it's possible the Redditors rally the troops for one last go, but it's getting riskier and riskier.

I have $150 sitting in WealthSimple Trade to fool around with. Not on anything yet, but it's there for when I've done some reading.

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I have $150 sitting in WealthSimple Trade to fool around with. Not on anything yet, but it's there for when I've done some reading.

If GME is your target, consider waiting until trading platforms drop restrictions. It will probably get a bump when they do. A final death knell, if you will.

Edited by DoctorEncore

Administrator · Posted

If GME is your target, consider waiting until trading platforms drop restrictions. It will probably get a bump when they do. A final death knell. if you will.

Nah, I've just always been interested in trying this stuff and the whole debacle made me go "why not now?".

I'm not planning to jump on something that volatile as a noob.

• Like 1

That hurt. Really feels like institutional support is gone on top of not enough people transferring their accounts from Robinhood. 

I don't wamt to believe some of the news reports. But my app says GME has 70M issued shares. If there has been 90M volm each day the last week I gotta think that shorts got out od their positions. And after today new shorts are in the money.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Californication said:

That hurt. Really feels like institutional support is gone on top of not enough people transferring their accounts from Robinhood. 

I don't wamt to believe some of the news reports. But my app says GME has 70M issued shares. If there has been 90M volm each day the last week I gotta think that shorts got out od their positions. And after today new shorts are in the money.

It takes multiple business days for transfers like that to clear.  If it wasn't understood to even be a risk/problem until after Thursday, there hasn't been enough time for any of the robinhood kids to move their stuff to a real brokerage yet.

3 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

It takes multiple business days for transfers like that to clear.  If it wasn't understood to even be a risk/problem until after Thursday, there hasn't been enough time for any of the robinhood kids to move their stuff to a real brokerage yet.

Yeah, I know. I thought about that, but with institutions making billions I thought there would be more resistance.

I should have eaten better today - made several bad decisions.

25 minutes ago, Californication said:

Yeah, I know. I thought about that, but with institutions making billions I thought there would be more resistance.

I should have eaten better today - made several bad decisions.

If all of their money is tied up on platforms that restricted buying, then the only resistance they can provide is not selling, rather than being able to buy.