IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

It's like attending a football game.  It's a much better experience gathering around the TV with your buddies and drinking beer, but stadiums still sell out and charge $10 a beer anyway.  

I do believe there will be a bit of a yo-yo effect with people wanting to get out more after COVID.  AMC and the producers also are in cahoots and can work out licensing / distribution arrangements.  The willingness for big investors to put up capital also shows they do not want the theaters to die, and frankly I don't think they will.

Also, I can't remember if you have kids or not, but kids love the theater experience.  I'm actually not a movie guy at all really, but even I am willing to commit some of my personal funds in the turnaround story.  To each their own, but I don't see AMC as a death spiral.

Hadn’t considered the kid side Jone.  I don’t have any kids, I’ll give you that one.  I also think theatres, restaurants, etc will all see huge spikes once things open yes, it’s only natural.  People don’t like being held at home and told what they can and can’t do.  Heck my g/f has only been out of our house 7 or 8 times since last March as she has a lung issue.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Braveheart69 said:

Hadn’t considered the kid side Jone.  I don’t have any kids, I’ll give you that one. 

May be referring to younger ones, but the kids I'm around, teenagers, don't spend their money at theatres. The move to simultaneously release is a big step toward eliminating theaters IMO. However, I do think the theatres that create an experience, dinner and/or alcohol, may be whats left.

Got in too late on NOK.  All this activity reminds me of why I don't pick individual stocks, I'm not good at it. Low cost total market funds for the long haul.

Administrator · Posted
26 minutes ago, doner24 said:

I bought back into AMC earlier when it was $8.80. Just want to see what happens if they are allowed to be openly traded again on platforms like RH. Not a huge position, 500 shares for funsies. 

Ah y'know, just a 4.4k gamble, no big. 

Jerk. 😛

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, doner24 said:

I mean, the reality is that there is basically no chance AMC goes to 0. So the risk side of the play isn’t $8.80 per share. 

If I had money on an app right now for trading I think I'd be buying into established dine-in restaurants, and/or entertainment right now. Idea being that later this year I'd expect a boom once people are more free to roam and go to dine in restaurants. 

This is of course purely just the thoughts in my head, not actions I am making, I know literally nothing about any of this. For all I know you can't even buy into dine in restaurants. 

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted
10 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Ha!  Yeah, I still have 25 shares in AMC 😛 

I increased my position. Still lots of shorts, even if they were able to hedge their potential losses today. To the 🌙 tomorrow and I’ll try to dump bags with the bigs along the way!

Just now, doner24 said:

I increased my position. Still lots of shorts, even if they were able to hedge their potential losses today. To the 🌙 tomorrow and I’ll try to dump bags with the bigs along the way!

Yeah, I did a big enough multiple on them already, that leaving a little bit in for the ride is harmless.

• Like 1

I dropped everything except 7 shares in GME. There are too many variables that I couldn't make decisions on today while working. And I am so used to seeing the little guys get crushed I didn't want to take any more risks since they've changed the rules to the game. The return ended up being 50% of the portfolio. It wasn't as high as it could have been because I was rotating the principial in and out to try and limit risk I think I did okay for a beginner.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Californication said:

I dropped everything except 7 shares in GME. There are too many variables that I couldn't make decisions on today while working. And I am so used to seeing the little guys get crushed I didn't want to take any more risks since they've changed the rules to the game. The return ended up being 50% of the portfolio. It wasn't as high as it could have been because I was rotating the principial in and out to try and limit risk I think I did okay for a beginner.

You won't ever go broke making money. A win is a win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Californication said:

If you have more money now than when you started, you did well. If that money had have been parked in a savings account, it would have just been making your bank rich instead of you.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Californication said:

I should thank everyone here for their help too. I was going to hold all of my Gme this a.m. , but got rid of half of it close to the top because of the suggestions here. It might go up tomorrow, but today was stressful enough without having taken that bigger hit.

And just a reminder, hindsight is always 20/20.  Even if GME doubles or explodes today, there was so much uncertainty yesterday that you did well for your risk tolerance.  No one can accurately predict this nutty market, it is all best guesses and either you're right or wrong.