Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Californication said:

My app wont let me sell gme and the phone is down. Wtf

If you were buying during pre-market this morning -- why on earth were you not turning around and immediately placing limit sell orders so they could happen without your input today?

I had the rest of my limit position on GME execute during the big spike this morning -- but have held ONE share in reserve to have a tiny tiny stake in the rest of the mayhem and a real excuse to see where it all ends up.

Edited by arch_8ngel

Just now, Californication said:

My limits stopped working too.

I was having a hard time changing existing limit orders for sure.  Kept getting "invalid stock symbol" errors that would periodically work.

But limits that were already in place should work.

Edited by arch_8ngel

So, does anyone know where I can find a chart like this, but for stocks?  Specifically, it was commmon in the days of crypto, exchanges would show the "pressure" of buy/sell orders for any given price.  Notice the bar graphs?  This is showing you what percent of all orders are at that given price.  Having a chart like this let's you know which direction the holders want out or the buyers want to get in.

I don't mind a free chart, but I also use TD Ameritrade.  I can't find anything like this anywhere.

image.thumb.png.a00f8b70e239c4bc075a23b8154a87a7.png

On 1/28/2021 at 11:23 AM, Californication said:

So if new shorts were able to cover their position than they got out of the squeeze right? And without institutional money it won't go back up?

The volume right now is WAY too low for shorts to be taking meaningful coverage right now.

Price has plummeted because people can't trade it on most retail platforms right now.

There is collusion going on - apparently - because Robinhood makes a lot of money from Citadel, who are the firm that flushed $3B down the toilet on Monday to prop up Melvin.  Lots of conflict of interest.

Haven't read how that extends to other major brokers, yet, but clearly the market maker on this one is desperate to avoid another gamma squeeze -- aside from the short hedge funds trying to coordinate to avoid a short squeeze.

Edited by arch_8ngel

3 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

The volume right now is WAY too low for shorts to be taking meaningful coverage right now.

Price has plummeted because people can't trade it on most retail platforms right now.

Oh the volume is low, that is interesting. It is halted like every 2 seconds.

I've got 12 shares left so each successive drop isn't terrible, but I am down to 5K ahead where my top was double.

Edit: Do you knownif that is it for Robinhood? Can they not buy?

Edited by Californication

1 minute ago, Californication said:

Oh the volume is low, that is interesting. It is halted like every 2 seconds.

I've got 12 shares left so each successive drop isn't terrible, but I am down to 5K ahead where my top was double.

Edit: Do you knownif that is it for Robinhood? Can they not buy?

The breakers are automatic.

But the volume is being held artificially low because retail can't get into buy or sell even if they wanted to.  (and I guarantee you there is a small army looking to buy at this current price based on their beliefs about the gamma and short squeeze that could manifest tomorrow if they keep the price above $200).

The main point about the low volume though -- even if they got the price to ZERO today -- there aren't enough shares changing hands to make a dent in the short interest if they're trying to cover.

Volume is more because brokers are throttling the buys

Robinhood also shut down buying of AMC (AMC), BlackBerry (BB), Bed Bath and Beyond (BBBY), Express (EXPR), Koss (KOSS), Naked Brand Corp (NAKD) and Nokia (NOK). Users can only liquidate or close positions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/robinhood-bars-users-from-buying-game-stop-stock-infuriating-its-users-144007484.html

To avoid being caught in the cluster fuck of market manipulation they're actively manipulating the market. Ironic. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

It is basically an open-market manifestation of the short-ladder that was in the extended session -- but they've effectively created an artificial low volume.

There is massive collusion going on - apparently - because Robinhood makes a lot of money from Citadel, who are the firm that flushed $3B down the toilet on Monday to prop up Melvin.  Lots of conflict of interest.

Haven't read how that extends to other major brokers, yet, but clearly the market maker on this one is desperate to avoid another gamma squeeze -- aside from the short hedge funds trying to coordinate to avoid a short squeeze.

The irony here is that all of the major retail investment firms are publicly-traded companies themselves, so they are extremely sensitive to the demands of the hedge funds and other big investors who own them! So even if the SEC doesn't intervene, they can pressure the trading companies and still win this battle by forcing these companies to halt trading. If you can't win a fair fight, fight dirty.

Edited by DoctorEncore

Just now, DoctorEncore said:

The irony here is that all of the major retail investment firms are publicly-traded companies themselves, so they are extremely sensitive to the demands of the hedge funds and other big investors who own them! If you can't win a fair fight, fight dirty.

The additional irony is that what they're doing seems to be enraging the retail traders more than scaring them -- and it may well explode in their faces unless they manage to manipulate through COB tomorrow (and somehow force call back out of the money).

But the SEC seems more inclined to be in the pocket of those hedge funds than on the side of retail traders, at the moment.

• Like 3