IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

4 minutes ago, Californication said:

They are sating robinhood is blocking people from buying.

This happened to me with AMC yesterday and there are reports that Schwab/TD/others are blocking trades on the meme stocks

edit: fuck me I knew when those trades were getting cancelled I should have just turned around and bought bbby

Edited by a3quit4s

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Sounds like you're pretty qualified to me. You recognized an undervalued stock, bought it at a great price, QUADRUPLED your money, then sold at twice the actual valuation of the stock right at the end of an insane short squeeze. You literally played this perfectly. Anyone who started in your position and then held above $40 was being reckless.

GME is up another $110 (30%) in pre-market trading right now. I think trading will be halted today as the SEC sorts out what it wants to do.

Ha, if I played it perfectly I'd be millionaire too.  I played it good with my risk tolerence but was also negative 5 digits in the position at one point.  Stuck to my guns and enjoyed a heck of a swing the other way but my aversion to risk bailed me out before it really started running.  You hold a stock 2 years to get out at a profit when you could have held another couple weeks for really nutty money and hindsight is always 20 / 20 .

7 hours ago, Braveheart69 said:

Arch I’m disappointed in you man.  You almost seem to be idolizing this guy.  A blind squirrel finds a nut, but this seems to be a case of the top of the pyramid scheme making all the money like always happens before it all comes crashing down.  Things often don’t end well for those people either, SEC said it was watching all the craziness very closely, will be interesting to see what happens here.  

It is an exciting saga to watch -- the guy made an unlikely bet that he really believed in back in 2019 and has ridden it to a massive gain.  I definitely have some respect for the guy being willing to ride DAILY 7 and 8 figure swings in portfolio value.

But at the end of the day -- his portfolio is just a convenient "score" to keep track of as events unfold, aside from the price of the ticker.

Though, I don't think you're very familiar with the guy and how little he has posted about any of this, if you're trying to paint him as a "bad guy".

And it IS genuinely interesting to see which groups are siding against WSB and which support it right now.  The hedge funds had no excuse to have been as short on GME as they were -- and to have not covered a LONG time ago.  They did this to themselves and deserve no sympathy, whatsoever, once their prime brokers force them to cover their losses.

For perspective, they stayed short when the price was $2, rather than cover and capture their gains.  Then they continued to stay short at $6 for MONTHS, before the rise started last year following Cohen going in, long, for what is now 13% of the company. 

Edited by arch_8ngel

19 minutes ago, Californication said:

Amc is diluting their stock.

Yeah I think that is pretty significant news and a good move by the company.  But adding 44M shares to something trading 1B a day isn't crash worthy.  Does make me consider taking some profits though.

I will say, that in this meme speculative environment, you have to be able to adapt and pivot very quickly.  If not, you can get left holding the bag.  You cannot marry any stock and you must be very swift.  

Edit: RH is also blocking purchasing of shares of AMC, GME and other various meme stocks.  That going to thin out volume.  If you're risking money that you think is significant you may want to take some out and monitor how things go today.  

Edited by jonebone
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Ha, if I played it perfectly I'd be millionaire too.  I played it good with my risk tolerence but was also negative 5 digits in the position at one point.  Stuck to my guns and enjoyed a heck of a swing the other way but my aversion to risk bailed me out before it really started running.  You hold a stock 2 years to get out at a profit when you could have held another couple weeks for really nutty money and hindsight is always 20 / 20 .

Don't be so hard on yourself! You made all the right moves on this one. Only a select few could have seen the bigger bump coming (people in analytics at the big traders who also happen to have a deep understanding of Reddit culture) and I don't believe for a second that DFV knew this would truly happen.

As Steve Miller would say, take the money and run!

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 9:02 AM, jonebone said:

No, party may be over on both AMC and GME.  Here comes the lesson in market manipulation.

It's going to be interesting to see how it manifests during open market hours.

If you watched GME during the pre-market the vast majority of retail doesn't participate during that time and aren't feeding into the supply/demand.  

The shorts are definitely trying everything they can (media campaigns, pre/post market action, etc) to convince people that it is over -- but they supposedly haven't covered yet, and short interest is still over 100% of the stock.

Edited by arch_8ngel

Yes GME and AMC are two separate stories.  GME can still run even with pre market shedding.  But AMC with share dilution, blocking of volume buys on RH and possibly even eliminating options, AMC is going to have a steep drop at open IMO.  I got out of my shares I bought yesterday and expect it to go down to $12.50 at least or maybe even $10.  

6 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Yes GME and AMC are two separate stories.  GME can still run even with pre market shedding.  But AMC with share dilution, blocking of volume buys on RH and possibly even eliminating options, AMC is going to have a steep drop at open IMO.  I got out of my shares I bought yesterday and expect it to go down to $12.50 at least or maybe even $10.  

AMC premarket is already down to $13.  I think it could go lower than $10, and certainly $12.50, if what you are saying is correct.

2 minutes ago, RH said:

AMC premarket is already down to $13.  I think it could go lower than $10, and certainly $12.50, if what you are saying is correct.

Yeah very well could.  The news essentially shakes out everyone who bought in yesterday.  People that were in before the hype jump can still remain long and ride it out.  Will be interesting to see where it stabilizes but I do expect it to get nasty.

Moderator · Posted
1 minute ago, jonebone said:

And that's why this market is so hard to read.  The AMC head fake shook me out of the shares I bought yesterday but still long in the position with all the cheapies.  I expect it to be choppy today but glad it didn't straight line down at open.

I held, the nerds are raging and I believe in them. I took a huge profit on NAKD yesterday, so I’m playing on house money for all the meme stocks now. 

3 minutes ago, doner24 said:

I held, the nerds are raging and I believe in them. I took a huge profit on NAKD yesterday, so I’m playing on house money for all the meme stocks now. 

Yeah good move.  I'm holding over 1000 and only shedded 250 bought yesterday but still.

It's quite remarkable that with all of these bad news moves by trading apps, big business, etc. that some of these stocks still keep running.  The market will change and adapt from this new environment.

• Like 2

Moderator · Posted
Just now, jonebone said:

Yeah good move.  I'm holding over 1000 and only shedded 250 bought yesterday but still.

It's quite remarkable that with all of these bad news moves by trading apps, big business, etc. that some of these stocks still keep running.  The market will change and adapt from this new environment.

I’m hoping some big activists are joining the movement. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Even major "trader" brokerages like IB are blocking transactions in some of these stocks.

It is shady as hell, and I am willing to bet that class action lawsuits come out the other side of this thing.

• Like 1