IGNORED

Hey everybody, new collector here!

Hi everyone! I'm a pretty new collector when it comes to videogames. I used to play quite a bit of ps2 games when I was much younger and I recently ended up acquiring a gamecube and a CRT to play my ps2 and gamecube on, so I figured I'd want to start collecting for those systems. I think I would like to start with the games that I played as a kid and then expand my set to either be the more popular games since I'd want to play them, or (possibly even then) expand to the North American sets for both.

I'm looking forward to this interesting hobby and getting to know my fellow collectors!

12 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Welcome to the site.  Gamecube was a good one.  I prefer nes/snes, but love the cube as well.  

I could reasonably see myself starting a snes set somewhere down the road given the sheer amount of amazing games on it, but I figured I'd start small and focused.

Et everyone else,

Pleasure to meet all of you! Not too much going on with me.

I'm curious, for sets, how does everyone build up their list of games. Are there any sources that you use or recommend?

Events Helper · Posted

Right now personally I just nostalgia collect whatever I know I'll play.  I look up prices on pricecharting and ebay sold.  I buy wherever I can be it here or the unfortunate ebay lol. 

I found that using the lists here....i.e. the beat them all for instance is a good way to find titles I have never known about.  For instance, I played buck bumble on the n64 this year and would have never known about it before participating.  Also just word of mouth.  Ask for some suggestions of genres, or games within them and u might get a suggestion or two from fellow vgsers.  @OptOut has mentioned a few imma try out when we chatted on discord, and he told me whether or not a game was fun when I asked.  Don't hesitate kuz u never know!  

Edited by Jeevan

24 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Welcome! Please give my condolences to your wallet.

Hahahahahahah I'm way too good at getting myself into expensive hobbies. First Stagelighting and now this. Maybe one day I'll learn my lesson...

18 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Right now personally I just nostalgia collect whatever I know I'll play.  I look up prices on pricecharting and ebay sold.  I buy wherever I can be it here or the unfortunate ebay lol. 

I found that using the lists here....i.e. the beat them all for instance is a good way to find titles I have never known about.  For instance, I played buck bumble on the n64 this year and would have never known about it before participating.  Also just word of mouth.  Ask for some suggestions of genres, or games within them and u might get a suggestion or two from fellow vgsers.  @OptOut has mentioned a few imma try out when we chatted on discord, and he told me whether or not a game was fun when I asked.  Don't hesitate kuz u never know!  

Oh dude, very nice, thank you! I figured a large part of it is definitely talking with fellow people and learning from them and sharing what I know.

• Like 1