IGNORED

The Switch Thread

I have bought lots of stuff from Deep Discount and have never had a problem of any sort with them.  Their prices used to often be a bit better than Amazon - but that doesn't seem to be as true anymore.  Although they do run 15% off once in awhile which means you can still beat Amazon prices if you take the time to compare the two.

2 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Gamestop has buy 5 games that are $20 or less and get 50% off your order. I just managed to get 5 games I wanted for $50 shipped. Finger crossed they come with some cases lol

Just went in on this. Doubled up on some games to increase my chances of getting them complete. But I’m not optimistic 😞

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I saw that wandering into one next to a half price yesterday, problem is they're grossly picked over on stuff I'd bother with.

I didn't have Sonic Mania or the Digimon game yet so I was happy to grab those two. I threw in No No Kuni since I haven't played that one yet, SpongeBob for the meme and the Aladdin/Lion King remakes.

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Just went in on this. Doubled up on some games to increase my chances of getting them complete. But I’m not optimistic 😞

The last time they had this deal I heard enough people got 4/5 or 5/5 games CIB that I'm optimistic. But I'm sure I will be disappointed.

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Holy cow.  What is this, and $60?

I'm not one to complain about prices but I guess I'll have to research it

Screenshot_20210301-195355.png

I'm not sure, what's going on here. I don't think any Nicalis game has been $60 before. I've purchased quite a few on release and they were all $40. I think it's been almost 2 years since their last physical release, and Edmund McMillen said he wouldn't be doing any more business with them after the accusations came out about the CEO. The only reason this game is still being released is because he said it was too fall along in production to pullout. So I wonder if Nicalis is either hiking the price to (1) try and squeeze more money out of fans knowing they'll pay more or (2) screw with McMillen out of spite.

Edited by Aguy

28 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

@Aguy Hmm, well they did Ikaruga recently, and I think that was $60.  And there's these other games that came out last year or will come out soon:

edit: Or was it only a deluxe version of Ikaruga that was $60?  I cannot remember.

81atQus18nL._SL1500_.jpg814K02gMnrL._SL1500_.jpg81OUj+ffuGL._SL1500_.jpg81e8DdNod5L._SL1500_.jpg

You're right, my mistake. Ikaruga was more expensive but I remember it came with a model ship and other goodies, but I did miss/not really care about the other releases.

Edited by Aguy

On 2/18/2021 at 11:34 AM, MiamiSlice said:

Best Buy has a pre-order bonus for Bravely Default II... drumroll please...

A placemat and a set of coasters

I'm 4-5 hrs into Bravely II right now, and... it's pretty good. I feel like I remember enjoying Bravely Second more, though. The bigger thing is that I feel like I can't help but compare this to Octopath Traveler, which while it's not part of the same series, the mechanics/battle system/job system/etc were all the same, so Octopath FELT like a Bravely sequel. And it was really really good. And this feels just pretty good.

I'll probably give it a little more time to try to win me over, though.

That said, my daughter already chewed up one of the 4 coasters, haha.

Also the "placemat" is more like a "poster."

21 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

I'm 4-5 hrs into Bravely II right now, and... it's pretty good. I feel like I remember enjoying Bravely Second more, though. The bigger thing is that I feel like I can't help but compare this to Octopath Traveler, which while it's not part of the same series, the mechanics/battle system/job system/etc were all the same, so Octopath FELT like a Bravely sequel. And it was really really good. And this feels just pretty good.

I'll probably give it a little more time to try to win me over, though.

That said, my daughter already chewed up one of the 4 coasters, haha.

Also the "placemat" is more like a "poster."

I allowed my pre-order to expire... My Nintendo has a poster, so I'm going to live without this.