9 hours ago, Tabonga said:

This is kind of odd.  I have been playing Banner of the Maid and during the last several battles everything slowed to the speed of molasses - the characters  (both mine and the AI's) moved very slowly and the AI became painfully slow deciding what to do. 

I am on the last battle and the game just crashed - I reloaded from a save I had done a turn before and things speeded back up to normal again.  

I've noticed a similar thing when I was going through Mario & Rabbids. It would crash to main switch page a few times and slow down when getting into battles that had a large number of characters on the screen.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm full-setting ESRB region for Switch.  And I also pick up games in other regions that strike my fancy.  I'm somewhere around 750.    

I'm not the sort of who really cares about getting anal about definitions like that.  My near-complete SNES set is at 717 games.  How many games actually constitute a full set?  Don't care.  Don't car

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Tabonga said:

This is kind of odd.  I have been playing Banner of the Maid and during the last several battles everything slowed to the speed of molasses - the characters  (both mine and the AI's) moved very slowly and the AI became painfully slow deciding what to do. 

I am on the last battle and the game just crashed - I reloaded from a save I had done a turn before and things speeded back up to normal again.  

Memory leak? When was the last time you rebooted the game? If you've been playing from suspend for a while, there may be a memory leak that finally broke everything.

38 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Memory leak? When was the last time you rebooted the game? If you've been playing from suspend for a while, there may be a memory leak that finally broke everything.

With that game I loaded saves fairly often - usually overnight I will suspend the game by putting the  console in sleep mode.

6 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

With that game I loaded saves fairly often - usually overnight I will suspend the game by putting the  console in sleep mode.

So, maybe? I guess if it becomes a recurring problem, you could always just close the software and restart to reset the memory. I'm pretty sure Battle Chasers had a similar problem when I played that back in 2018. Not sure if it's primarily a Switch thing due to the paltry memory or just a QA issue for certain games.

On 2/22/2021 at 3:47 PM, croagunk said:

Speaking of games crashing... has anyone else’s copy of SNK 40th Anniversary Collection been crashing? I don’t even have to be playing one of the arcade games, just scrolling the menus to choose one.

First, I would have to say my Switch crashes regularly. Every few hours, seems to be regardless of the game. That said, I believe I recall hearing that the Switch edition of the collection had some issues which is why I opted for the PS4 🙂

• Like 1
Editorials Team · Posted
37 minutes ago, avatar! said:

First, I would have to say my Switch crashes regularly. Every few hours, seems to be regardless of the game. That said, I believe I recall hearing that the Switch edition of the collection had some issues which is why I opted for the PS4 🙂

That definitely seems abnormal.  Across maybe 1500+ hours I bet I've seen 10 crashes.

3 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

That definitely seems abnormal.  Across maybe 1500+ hours I bet I've seen 10 crashes.

It actually may not have crashed on Breath of Rain, but othewise I recall it crashing on just about anything. Baldur's Gate - every few hours. Dragon's Quest XI - not as often as Baldur but yup. Ori - yup (boy, that was fun 😕  ....etc.

Maybe I got a defective Switch, don't know, but mine seems to enjoy freakin' crashing. Or maybe it's trying to tell me to take breaks every so often....

Member · Posted

Aren't those personally bot scripted hits they do from past searches?

Anyway... who got Ghosts n Goblins Resurrected?  Damn that game...yeesh it's nasty.  I'm ok at GnG (and sequel) still, I can get quite a few stages in before having some issues at least.  But this one, it makes GnG seem like a childs game if you play it on Legend or Knight difficulty. Squire seems on par for the original titles, and well, then there's the easy immortality mode just so you can experience it without raging your system to bits.

Ok I am mixed on this one, positive mixed, but mixed.

It's not GnG hard, it's GnG on a steroids, crack, meth blend hard.

Member · Posted
20 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I knew someone would say that.

NO.

Not unless I searched for 'revlon one step hair dryer' or 'ashwagandha' (whatever the fuck that is) at some point in my life.

Your secret is safe with me. I also haven’t been “accidentally” misspelling anal.

B31FF443-E371-45DD-B951-721AE22564EA.thumb.png.a6b7e355f6633c8885f5388cf0a72ecd.png

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I knew someone would say that.

NO.

Not unless I searched for 'revlon one step hair dryer' or 'ashwagandha' (whatever the fuck that is) at some point in my life.

I wasnt saying it, but certainly thinking it... Does anyone else use you computer without your knowledge???