IGNORED

The Switch Thread

15 hours ago, Lago said:

I may be looking at this through nostalgic colored glasses.  I’ve been collecting off and on for a long time and it used to be more of a collector helping collector mentality.

I remember one sale where Best Buy was running PS2 games for $5 but different Best Buy stores had different games. One of the forums I was a member of coordinated to get games to people.  Game + shipping + payment fees.  That was it.  Just gamers trying to get games to other gamers.  It was a different atmosphere  in that regard than it is now.

My memory is clear, I've been at the second hand play and explore new things racket since 1995 so I've seen basically it all as far as habits, helpfulness, and the rest go.  As Gloves said, it's not dead, some here will do it still thankfully.  But in the big picture, I think hens teeth fit the rarity of that kind of kindness anymore.  On facebook I see people get mad and leave groups because they have a selling rule of 20% off what ebay buyers pay as they refuse to drop it more than 10% (which is what ebay takes.)  Such generosity isn't it?

Personally I walk a line with it at this rate and I don't like it, but I have to weigh bundle discounting, eating the shipping, or taking off enough to be cool and help someone out vs being too nice and someone just reselling the item, lying to get it, just so they can make another $10 off it.  Sure it shouldn't matter once I'm paid, but it bugs me as I feel like an accomplice to the growing problem

...back to the Switch though.  Am I like the only one bothering with Immortals at this rate?  I'm really digging the game still, but at the same time I really really want to fire up another one of mine that are opened new/sealed new but know I'd end up making mental excuses not to return to the other. 😞  I got both Blaster Master Zeros sitting there along with a sealed up copy of Grandia HD collection, FF9 I imported, and a couple others... blah.

On 1/26/2021 at 11:55 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

@Tanooki I'll bother with Immortals when it's $15 in 2023 or so.  No rush for me.

Honestly can say that I don't blame you one bit.  It's a big game and there are far better shorter things out there so yeah, if you want to wait for it to be 75% off or more you're not losing out really.

10 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Civ VI is $8 on amazon.  Good Lord, to think I jumped on $15 once upon a time since I figured it would never go lower 😂

Wow, damn that took a hit.  I was shocked when I got it for $10.  I've still got it sealed thanks to Immortals.  I kept basing buying it on there vs the PC or mobile, and given the expense of them on there even with the usual sales, they were higher, more if you want the expansions so I grabbed it.  When you're that low, you just pull the trigger.

23 minutes ago, Californication said:

Rolling Gunner is  up for pre-order on Play Asia. Bullet Heaven reviewed it with as a perfect 5/5.

After ordering it through Physicality games and that falling through and getting my money back, glad to finally be able to buy the thing again. Also ordered Raiden IV x Mikado remix which ships around the same time. 

P.s. if you order from Play Asia use the coupon code SWITCHMANIA at checkout to save 5%. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

After ordering it through Physicality games and that falling through and getting my money back, glad to finally be able to buy the thing again. Also ordered Raiden IV x Mikado remix which ships around the same time. 

P.s. if you order from Play Asia use the coupon code SWITCHMANIA at checkout to save 5%. 

You know I have Raiden 4 on the 360 and it's not my fav. game. The aspect ratio seems small, but that might be because I'm playing on a smaller wide screen tv. Is there something specific you like about this version?

Oooooh, just checked out Rolling Gunner and it looks nice. Of course, I just put in my first Play-Asia order yesterday...argh.

On the plus side, I'm really excited for the Aleste Collection (GG3 looks awesome!), ESP Ra.De Psi which just came back in stock, and Mr. Driller Encore (didn't know there was a physical for that). I took a look at and decided to try out Pawarumi; looked pretty cool in the videos I saw, so hopefully it plays well when it arrives.

14 minutes ago, Californication said:

You know I have Raiden 4 on the 360 and it's not my fav. game. The aspect ratio seems small, but that might be because I'm playing on a smaller wide screen tv. Is there something specific you like about this version?

I have physical copies of 1, 2, 3 and 5, and this one is physical

22 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Updated the spreadsheet. Slow Month. Only 3 games out in the US; 

Atelier Ryza 2

Offroad Racing

Spinch (iam8bit)

Scott Pilgrim (LRG)

Fight n Rage (LRG)

Shiren the Wanderer (LRG)

Re:Zero, Turrican Flashback, and Root Double were released today.

Edited by 11strings

4 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I have physical copies of 1, 2, 3 and 5, and this one is physical

The game looks good on YouTube. I've never used tate mode, but that is the first thing that came to mind. The play areas is a bit narrow unless you have a big tv, I bet it is great in tate mode.

I remember this, wasn't that Prinny the PSP game?  I used to enjoy that back in the day, but it has been so long it would probably be like new.

Also has me thinking of something else.  For some really dumb reason Nintendo got into bed with the makers of a Sony release game Persona 5 for Dragalia Lost on mobile.  It makes no sense at all if you don't have that platform as it's not even on PC last I looked.  Is that I wonder coming to Switch as it seems kind of idiotic.  The game is old too, it came out on PS3, then later popped onto PS4.

Edited by Tanooki