IGNORED

The Switch Thread

4 hours ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Picked up the Contra and Castlevania collections. Pretty crazy sale. Probably pick up Doom 64 considering it's $3. Is Bubsy any good? Only $6. Same with ChaseHQ... A Top Gear clone but looks like it could be worth the $6. 

Tempted to buy a few more but I'll probably just wait until the Switch can easily get emulators going on it. 

If you like Top Gear you'll like Chase HQ.  I do anyway.

EDIT:  Or are you talking about Horizon Chase Turbo?   That's also a fun one; they even use some music from Top Gear (and I think maybe Out Run).

• Like 2

Random question, and here seemed like a good place to ask...

For Christmas somebody game me a giftcard for 12 months of Switch Online. However, I already am enrolled in the family plan, and am good until like September. Is there any way for me to use this giftcard as just straight up eShop credit, or is it only good for Switch Online membership? (In which case, it won't even cover the renewal, since the family plan costs more)

41 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I got xenoblade 1 today on my lunch break for $10 at walmart. Check the bricmkseek link

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=533815752

I saw that last night and knew there was 3-4 at my Walmart at that time. Couldn't get there til about half hour ago and they were already gone 😞

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I saw that last night and knew there was 3-4 at my Walmart at that time. Couldn't get there til about half hour ago and they were already gone 😞

I got lucky the Walmart in the next town over had 6 copies and they only let people buy two clearance items max. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, noiseredux said:

I'm confused - the website lists it as $50.

Did you look at Brickseek or walmarts own site? Brickseek will list the price for your local physical locations. These prices that are in store are different from Walmarts online store. You can't even do a buy online/pickup in store when they do these clearences in store. Its walk innand buy it or nothing at all

Xenoblade, 1/2 the stores within maybe 20min or so of here had it, everyone instantly gone.  Grifters I tell ya.

I tried looking up another, just wanted to pull up walmart, not sure why.  I think the site is just hateful picking that as I was checking walmart on the first, and it jumped to target, no idea why.

42 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Scalpers are dumping the Xenoblades by the truckload.  Just missed one for $23, and got one for $25.

Wal-Mart clearance on these is completely random.  I live in between two and one had a lot of them on clearance, and the other had everything regular price.

I did manage to grab Octopath Traveler.

Editorials Team · Posted

I feel like Nintendo almost never dumps stock, unless it's something like Codename STEAM or Chibi Robo.  So I guess thats begs the question: did Xenoblade flop?

I really hope not, because I'd love to see a port of X

edit:  Huh, a google search says it sold well.  Maybe WalMart inputted an extra "zero" when ordering stock.

6 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I feel like Nintendo almost never dumps stock, unless it's something like Codename STEAM or Chibi Robo.  So I guess thats begs the question: did Xenoblade flop?

edit:  Huh, a google search says it sold well.  Maybe WalMart inputted an extra "zero" when ordering stock.

It varied by store around me. Plenty of walmarts in the 50 mile radius had it for $50 still. Over the past year there's been deep discounts on Pokemon and Mario games for the 3DS as well. Apples to oranges, I know, but it's not unheard of. Last year around this time I got Omega Ruby for $0.03 lol

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Something has changed about video game retail. I don’t know what is to blame. But I see these retailers clearing inventory pretty quickly. They don’t seem to want to sit on inventory so long. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I think Miami there is on the nose.  It doesn't take a flop anymore for big box retailers to start getting randomized itchy trigger fingers to get rid of stuff.  Even if it did sell 500k or 1.5M, some games after they get a nice fat blowout just fall like a rock so when they see this and they're sitting on stock, some stores move them and some don't.  Some that will, they may take a shipment from another store(s) to consolidate and drop.  Walmart does it a lot, but so does Target to a lesser degree too.  While a game like a Pokemon, Mario or Zelda won't crater to those stores cheap whims, even a first party release like Xenoblade isn't going to be flying off the shelf many months after it comes out so they'll pull a stunt like this.

And I'm seeing the scalpers already from their booty they got 1-2 days ago locally too, and on ebay.  I really don't care if they want to get $25-30 on some $60 game.  It's the principle of the matter they decided to rob a large many square miles area clean of stuff before people who wanted to actually PLAY the game could.  I really wanted to get my hands on octopath traveler again, hated I stopped on it like 2 years ago, wanted to restart it sometime this year.  Just not going to pay a tool $30 for their $10 filching, I will live just fine without.

30 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

And I'm seeing the scalpers already from their booty they got 1-2 days ago locally too, and on ebay.  I really don't care if they want to get $25-30 on some $60 game.  It's the principle of the matter they decided to rob a large many square miles area clean of stuff before people who wanted to actually PLAY the game could.  I really wanted to get my hands on octopath traveler again, hated I stopped on it like 2 years ago, wanted to restart it sometime this year.  Just not going to pay a tool $30 for their $10 filching, I will live just fine without.

I may be looking at this through nostalgic colored glasses.  I’ve been collecting off and on for a long time and it used to be more of a collector helping collector mentality.

I remember one sale where Best Buy was running PS2 games for $5 but different Best Buy stores had different games. One of the forums I was a member of coordinated to get games to people.  Game + shipping + payment fees.  That was it.  Just gamers trying to get games to other gamers.  It was a different atmosphere  in that regard than it is now.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Lago said:

One of the forums I was a member of coordinated to get games to people.  Game + shipping + payment fees.  That was it.  Just gamers trying to get games to other gamers.  It was a different atmosphere  in that regard than it is now.

To be fair, some people on this forum have done that a number of times. It's not gone from the hobby, entirely. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lago said:

I may be looking at this through nostalgic colored glasses.  I’ve been collecting off and on for a long time and it used to be more of a collector helping collector mentality.

I remember one sale where Best Buy was running PS2 games for $5 but different Best Buy stores had different games. One of the forums I was a member of coordinated to get games to people.  Game + shipping + payment fees.  That was it.  Just gamers trying to get games to other gamers.  It was a different atmosphere  in that regard than it is now.

8 hours ago, Gloves said:

To be fair, some people on this forum have done that a number of times. It's not gone from the hobby, entirely. 

Yeah, I try to do this whenever possible. I already have all the shipping supplies and I just have the mail carrier pick it up from my porch, so it's only a ten minute investment.

I managed to snag 3 of them this morning at 7 am at one of the Walmart's closest to me.  Last night when I went to bed they were showing as $50 and this am (about 4:00) they were showing at $10.

So I zipped in when they opened and had the clerk get one out of the case (which was still showing the regular price) and scan it - it showed up as $10.  So I had him get two more and when he came back he made a point of saying  that they were all gone.  I know there were 4 or 5 in the case so he stashed 1 or 2 for himself (he took awhile getting back to the counter).  No biggie since even clerks like bargains. 

I checked the inventory when I got home and brickseeker had switched from 4-5 in stock to limited quantity (which means one or two).   Kind of amazing how quick the inventory updates.

I have offered the extras to two folks already - if either or both of them don't want it I will put it up for grabs here for cost/shipping.

• Like 1