IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Social Team · Posted
On 12/30/2020 at 12:03 PM, TDIRunner said:

My kids both got Bluetooth headphones for Christmas, but since they won't work directly with the Switch, does anyone have a specific brand Bluetooth adapter that they like for their Switch?  Do you guys prefer the adapters that plug into the headphone jack or the USB-C jack?  I'm hoping for something small, so it can be stored in their Switch case when not using it.  I've looked at several on Amazon and I see a few that I like, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.  

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Nintendo-Switch-Wireless-Transmitter-Headphones/dp/B07Y1FJ483?

I bought a set for me and a set for significant other, both work great on the Switch.  It's a little bit of tight fit but we can store Switch with the adapter on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Nintendo-Switch-Wireless-Transmitter-Headphones/dp/B07Y1FJ483?

I bought a set for me and a set for significant other, both work great on the Switch.  It's a little bit of tight fit but we can store Switch with the adapter on.

That looks good.  It's too bad you have to remove it any time you want to charge the Switch or dock it, but I guess that's probably going to be the case with any adapter.  It's pretty unfortunate that they didn't include bluetooth on something that's mean to be portable.  

Social Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

That looks good.  It's too bad you have to remove it any time you want to charge the Switch or dock it, but I guess that's probably going to be the case with any adapter.  It's pretty unfortunate that they didn't include bluetooth on something that's mean to be portable.  

Huge oversight.  I mean they already have the ability to Bluetooth connect the Pro Controller so I don't get why they couldn't add the audio as well.  For like two months I lost my Bluetooth adapter for that very reason of having to remove it from the Switch when I dock/charge the Switch.  I kept the case for the very reason to put the damn thing in it else I would lose it since it's so tiny but one day I got lazy and then poof....gone for half a dozen weeks before I came across it again.

Just now, FireHazard51 said:

Huge oversight.  I mean they already have the ability to Bluetooth connect the Pro Controller so I don't get why they couldn't add the audio as well.  For like two months I lost my Bluetooth adapter for that very reason of having to remove it from the Switch when I dock/charge the Switch.  I kept the case for the very reason to put the damn thing in it else I would lose it since it's so tiny but one day I got lazy and then poof....gone for half a dozen weeks before I came across it again.

I've seen at least one bluetooth adapter that attaches to the top in the headphone jack.  Supposedly, it can remain in place when you dock it.  However, I would assume it must have some sort of battery in it that you would need to recharge every once and a while.  I'm not sure how else it could be powered.  The other concern would be whether or not you can pull the game cart out without removing it since the headphone jack is so close to the cart slot.  

I have a feeling that no perfect solution exists.  

Editorials Team · Posted
On 1/5/2021 at 2:10 PM, Mr. CIB said:

Yeah it confirmed. Here’s their reply to me

"Yes this is european version, but as switch is fully region free, it won't change much expect the pegi rating on the art cover." 

Yeah I had cancelled the instant you first posted.  Thank you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aguy said:

Yeah, not sure why as none of the other denominations are discounted. It might be a pricing error.

Probably is.  I'm trying to mentally justify it considering that's 33% off, and that just doesn't happen.  My problem is, I don't know exactly what I'd use it for as I rarely if ever buy digital games.  I know my kid could use some, but well we'll leave it as she's far from earning a point card $20 let alone $75(at $50.)

Picked up the Contra and Castlevania collections. Pretty crazy sale. Probably pick up Doom 64 considering it's $3. Is Bubsy any good? Only $6. Same with ChaseHQ... A Top Gear clone but looks like it could be worth the $6. 

Tempted to buy a few more but I'll probably just wait until the Switch can easily get emulators going on it. 

• Like 2