IGNORED

The Switch Thread

9 minutes ago, Californication said:

Welp, I ordered Tanuki Justice and Wallachia from VGNY Soft this a.m. That makes one more console I will have games for that I don't own. On the plus side, it is kind of nice ordering from a website that doesn't have sales tax in 2021. 

Wait what? You don’t have a Switch?

8 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Wait what? You don’t have a Switch?

I know, right. I've gotten all the multi-platform indie games on the PS4. The Ghouls N'  Ghost Resurrection and Tanuki justice are thr main reasons I am going to get one.

Edit: My list is kind of small - Gunlord X, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Tiny Barbarian DX, New Super Mario Deluxe, Collection of Mana, and a Cuphead (physical), probably the Ori games.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Californication said:

I know, right. I've gotten all the multi-platform indie games on the PS4. The Ghouls N'  Ghost Resurrection and Tanuki justice are thr main reasons I am going to get one.

I also started getting games for it before I had a switch - it took awhile to find one but I knew I would get one sooner or later.

Editorials Team · Posted
47 minutes ago, Californication said:

Edit: My list is kind of small - Gunlord X, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Tiny Barbarian DX, New Super Mario Deluxe, Collection of Mana, and a Cuphead (physical), probably the Ori games.

Unless you're doing coop with the kids, I'd say swap out New Super Mario Bros for Odyssey.

Editorials Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, Californication said:

Is NSmb too easy? 

No, it's just not a particularly great Mario game.  Good, but just retreading old ground.

But the "easy" character makes it great for a beginner.  My son and I played through it together and it was his first ever video game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Californication said:

Is there a physical version of Cuphead? I feel like there was a "code in a box," but I didn't know a cart existed.

Is NSmb too easy? 

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

No, it's just not a particularly great Mario game.  Good, but just retreading old ground.

But the "easy" character makes it great for a beginner.  My son and I played through it together and it was his first ever video game.

When I first played NSMBU on the Wii U, I felt it was just a "meh" game.  However, at the time I had recently played all of the other NSMB games and I was probably a little burned out on the series since they are all pretty similar.  It's been about 3 years since I first played it, and I'm playing Deluxe on the Switch now because my kids got it for Christmas.  Since it's been a while, the game now feels "new" and I'm loving it WAY more than I did 3 years ago.  I think it's a lot more fun if you haven't been burned out by the other games in the series.  It's definitely worth a play through, but as others have said, it's much more challenging for younger kids compared to Odyssey.  

I was on the fence about it and picked it up because I was already paying shipping. Anyone played?

I've played it for about an hour.  It looks like it was animated by a 3-year-old and the voiceovers are (purposely?) cheesy, but the gameplay is solid.  It's basically Contra with a Castlevania look/enviroment.

Edited by 11strings

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, 11strings said:

I've played it for about an hour.  It looks like it was animated by a 3-year-old and the voiceovers are (purposely?) cheesy, but the gameplay is solid.

Those are some talented 3 year olds... xD

I'm pretty sure they were going for the classic arcade style. It fits pretty well.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:06 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Ah Christ...

Yeah it confirmed. Here’s their reply to me

"Yes this is european version, but as switch is fully region free, it won't change much expect the pegi rating on the art cover." 

Edited by Mr. CIB
  • Angry 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

Yeah it confirmed. Here’s their reply to me

Amazon

You have received a message from the Amazon Seller - PROGAMES USA

Yes this is european version, but as switch is fully region free, it won't change much expect the pegi rating on the art cover.

Just goes to show that you learn something new everyday............

• Like 1