IGNORED

The Switch Thread

13 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

My mom got me Age of Calamity, which was cool.  I never get games for presents because everyone figures I already have enough.

I never get games for presents either, but that's because my people don't know enough about games to buy me something. Last time my wife (then girlfriend) got me a game, it was for a system I don't collect. I think it was pac-man or pole position for Intellivision. After that, she swore she'd never buy me video games again, and for the past 14 years she has stuck to it.

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, Aguy said:

I never get games for presents either, but that's because my people don't know enough about games to buy me something. Last time my wife (then girlfriend) got me a game, it was for a system I don't collect. I think it was pac-man or pole position for Intellivision. After that, she swore she'd never buy me video games again, and for the past 14 years she has stuck to it.

My wife got me Age of Camality because she knows that I 1) like Zelda games and 2) don't have it. I mean it's not rocket science lol.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

My wife got me Age of Camality because she knows that I 1) like Zelda games and 2) don't have it. I mean it's not rocket science lol.

It's true, now my kids want to get me games since we play together. My son wanted to get me Age of Calamity, but I already got it for him since I'm an adult and have money. I flip and trade games into Gamestop so often she's given up on tracking what I have/want.

Edited by Aguy

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, DoctorEncore said:

I don't receive many presents these days, but I very loudly tell everyone not to buy me game-related items because no one could possiblu keep track of what I buy. So I totally identify with what you guys are talking about.

You don't keep an ongoing and regularly updated list of the games you own online?

35 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Heh - you should look and see what is being asked for Shelter Generations - kinda boggles the mind.   

At least that game is strictly limited. Fairy Tail is standard retail from a pretty major publisher that has done reprints in the past. There’s no good reason to FOMO into this now!

Ring fit is #7 on Amazon top 10 best seller list for 2020. Pretty crazy since it was hyped up to be so scarce. 

1. Animal Crossing New Horizons (Retail)
  2. Super Mario 3D All-Stars
  3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  5. Animal Crossing New Horizons (Digital) 
  6. Cyberpunk 2077 
  7. Ring Fit Adventure 
  8. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity 
  9. The Last of Us Part 2 
  10. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

11 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Ring fit is #7 on Amazon top 10 best seller list for 2020. Pretty crazy since it was hyped up to be so scarce. 

Well, just wait for people to set their new years resolutions next week. It will either get bought up by regular people or by scalpers, either way it will become scarce again.

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

It *was* scarce. For months it was sold out everywhere due to Nintendo not being able to restock it with their supply chain problems. I wonder if scalpers selling it over MSRP factors into the rankings. I bet it does. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aguy said:

Well, just wait for people to set their new years resolutions next week. It will either get bought up by regular people or by scalpers, either way it will become scarce again.

No, not the same way as during this year. Nintendo doesn’t have their supply chain problems anymore. They are done moving factories and adjusting to COVID. They can keep reprinting Ring Fit if they want to.

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

No, not the same way as during this year. Nintendo doesn’t have their supply chain problems anymore. They are done moving factories and adjusting to COVID. They can keep reprinting Ring Fit if they want to.

Well I still only see 1 copy at a time on local shelves if at all around here.

My kids both got Bluetooth headphones for Christmas, but since they won't work directly with the Switch, does anyone have a specific brand Bluetooth adapter that they like for their Switch?  Do you guys prefer the adapters that plug into the headphone jack or the USB-C jack?  I'm hoping for something small, so it can be stored in their Switch case when not using it.  I've looked at several on Amazon and I see a few that I like, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.  

I got clothes, a little candy, a lame (not an insult, but intentionally so) joke book, a cool NASA rocket fuel coffee mug, and that's really about it so practical but depressing.  Glad I treated myself instead ahead of time with Gameboy.

But then LRG decided to get their act together too.  Blaster Master Zero 1+2 showed up about a week ago (with Panzer Dragoon a couple before that), a couple hours ago Grandia HD collection showed up as well.

I decided to treat myself seeing some after holiday sales.  Nabbed Fenyx for 50% off ($30) and Civilization 6 for 66% off ($10) so I really can't complain other than being overwhelmed with options.