IGNORED

The Switch Thread

3 minutes ago, Quaze said:

Hit 500 Switch games 😎 Stoked that Luigi’s Mansion 3 was the one to make the milestone!5DFD1D7B-D69F-486C-8D71-C1EE9517C6BC.thumb.jpeg.ed8fea64fc307282d142596716b24952.jpeg

Ah, that was you in the Switch Facebook group. Nice dude! I'd say you have the most in the world at this point (at least from what I have seen.) Congrats!

I am at 181 titles, but with my Best Buy Gamer's Club gone last month, I have really stopped going overboard and going for only ones I really want, cheap ones $20 and below and the rarer/limited ones that I know will be hard to find later.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Quaze said:

Hit 500 Switch games 😎 Stoked that Luigi’s Mansion 3 was the one to make the milestone!5DFD1D7B-D69F-486C-8D71-C1EE9517C6BC.thumb.jpeg.ed8fea64fc307282d142596716b24952.jpeg

Im guessing you have alot of imports? Or alot of collectors editions in addition to regular editions? I ask because we're only up to around 425 North American releases. Do you have all of those in addition to other regions or just a mix of everything?

11 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Im guessing you have alot of imports? Or alot of collectors editions in addition to regular editions? I ask because we're only up to around 425 North American releases. Do you have all of those in addition to other regions or just a mix of everything?

Not really a lot of imports, maybe about 70. We’re definitely waaaay past 425 NA releases, I have about that number and I feel like I’m missing hundreds. I know this sounds funny but I only buy what I think I’ll like, and have skipped anything I think will be shitty. I feel like a few crappy games kinda bring the quality of the whole set down, so I skip about as much as I pick up. No kiddie games, no shovelware, no Skylanders, no sports games, no Lego, no mobile ports, etc etc etc. I know it doesn’t seem like it, but I’ve been selective lol.

10 hours ago, Skorp said:

Ah, that was you in the Switch Facebook group. Nice dude! I'd say you have the most in the world at this point (at least from what I have seen.) Congrats!

I am at 181 titles, but with my Best Buy Gamer's Club gone last month, I have really stopped going overboard and going for only ones I really want, cheap ones $20 and below and the rarer/limited ones that I know will be hard to find later.

Thanks Skorp! It’s definitely “one of” the bigger collections, but I know of at least 2 dudes chasing full sets that are currently “complete” and it’s utter lunacy compared to mine. I’m not sure exactly how many games exist for the Switch, but these guys have at least a few hundred more Switch games than I do lol.

1 hour ago, Quaze said:

Not really a lot of imports, maybe about 70. We’re definitely waaaay past 425 NA releases, I have about that number and I feel like I’m missing hundreds. I know this sounds funny but I only buy what I think I’ll like, and have skipped anything I think will be shitty. I feel like a few crappy games kinda bring the quality of the whole set down, so I skip about as much as I pick up. No kiddie games, no shovelware, no Skylanders, no sports games, no Lego, no mobile ports, etc etc etc. I know it doesn’t seem like it, but I’ve been selective lol.

If you get a chance take a look at this 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18UCeKB0rLMvko4ZJjxm665hbqjpoD-7bxjX0i7OkKyU/edit?usp=sharing

I believe my master list contains every game released for North America(around 425) minus some released this week that I havnt had a chance to add yet. If I really am missing that many games than Ive got a data problem lol

2 hours ago, Quaze said:

Thanks Skorp! It’s definitely “one of” the bigger collections, but I know of at least 2 dudes chasing full sets that are currently “complete” and it’s utter lunacy compared to mine. I’m not sure exactly how many games exist for the Switch, but these guys have at least a few hundred more Switch games than I do lol.

Dang, had no idea. They should come join the fun on this thread (if they aren't here). I know some people want to be private, so I am sure there are others with even bigger ones. Yours though is the biggest I've seen still and absolutely love it!

Funny you say you are selective as I do have the LEGO ones and filler trash like Troll and I lol. I mean, less than $10 for a Switch game, why not?

Update: At last, my Celeste from LRG finally shipped.

Edited by Skorp

13 hours ago, Skorp said:

I am not too far behind you (currently at 171 in hand with about 7 I think inbound/preordered) having to stop for a while though.  I've gotten to where I just buy things I like playing or have some interest in than going after everything and these limited sites are starting to become overwhelming with so many of them and so many releases. 

Edited by MuNKeY
learning to type

On 10/27/2019 at 11:30 PM, Fleck586 said:

Thanks for the link. Not quite what I was looking for as it lists all Japanese games with English language options, so can't identify exclusives. 

However, I found this link for exclusives only

https://www.jpswitchmania.com/post/region-exclusive-releases-with-english-support-japan-asia

Come to think of it, weren't we tracking jp exclusives in this thread?! 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, AC Skywalker said:

Reed thanks for bringing this over and taking the reigns on this one.  I haven been able to update for a few months with my new travel schedule for work.  It was fun for the last 2.5 years but it’s for sure in better hands now!

You did such a great job tho! I’ve really enjoyed collecting for the switch. It’s a lot  as @Quaze displayed so well! 

8 hours ago, AC Skywalker said:

Reed thanks for bringing this over and taking the reigns on this one.  I haven been able to update for a few months with my new travel schedule for work.  It was fun for the last 2.5 years but it’s for sure in better hands now!

Was wondering where you were. Glad to have you back here!

On 11/2/2019 at 8:48 AM, Quaze said:

Are you counting variables in that number too?

20 hours ago, 11strings said:

As of today, there's 435 ESRB released physical games with actual carts.

Do you have an easily exportable list for this? My list is at 426 as of Luigi's Mansion. I think the discrepancy might be with LRG titles as I don't add them in until I personally receive my orders. But I'm going to have to change that because I decided to stop trying to get them all mid-October.

Edit: Actually as I added those in I actually am sitting at 440 even with all released LRG games that have been available to order but have not shipped yet. 

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

5 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Do you have an easily exportable list for this? My list is at 426 as of Luigi's Mansion. I think the discrepancy might be with LRG titles as I don't add them in until I personally receive my orders. But I'm going to have to change that because I decided to stop trying to get them all mid-October.

Edit: Actually as I added those in I actually am sitting at 440 even with all released LRG games that have been available to order but have not shipped yet. 

I looked over your list and it's pretty much as you said -  I think you're just missing a couple from last week, the 4 LABO games, and a couple of the oddballs like the 2nd release of Harvest Moon Light of Hope (complete edition) and the new Sonic Mania (without the plus).  There's a little bit of clusterf•ck with the release dates as not all the big chains have been consistent (like Remothered, Harvest Moon: Mad Dash, Wargroove, etc.) - probably will even out by the end of the year when the releases slow down.  

My list is by release date and follows very closely to the master list on the reddit Switch Collector group (with no pegi/asia releases).  General consensus there is to only add Limited Run games when they actually start shipping (and use the Ship date as the release date). 

oh, here's my switch stuff.

switchgames.jpg

Edited by 11strings
added pic
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 2

1 hour ago, 11strings said:

I looked over your list and it's pretty much as you said -  I think you're just missing a couple from last week, the 4 LABO games, and a couple of the oddballs like the 2nd release of Harvest Moon Light of Hope (complete edition) and the new Sonic Mania (without the plus).  There's a little bit of clusterf•ck with the release dates as not all the big chains have been consistent (like Remothered, Harvest Moon: Mad Dash, Wargroove, etc.) - probably will even out by the end of the year when the releases slow down.  

My list is by release date and follows very closely to the master list on the reddit Switch Collector group (with no pegi/asia releases).  General consensus there is to only add Limited Run games when they actually start shipping (and use the Ship date as the release date). 

oh, here's my switch stuff.

switchgames.jpg

Sweet collection yo! I dig the presentation! Yoku's Island Express is awesome! currently at 386 Switch games myself! Cool to see other large collections out there! 

Was poppin in to say Yooka-laylee and the Impossible Lair is pretty great! I had no idea it was a side scrolling platgormer till i started playing! Just figure it was a sequel to the first since i hadn't looked up anything on it. It is awesome! Comparable to Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze in style and presentation I'd say. 

Edited by D~Funk