IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Already picked up Ni No Kuni and Psikyo Bravo at those prices elsewhere. First 3 are the only games I'm interested in. Burnout I feel like I can wait longer. Trails of Cold Steel III apparently won't make much sense if I didn't play the first two titles and do I really need another RPG? Moving Out I want! But I wonder if it could go lower???

11 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Already picked up Ni No Kuni and Psikyo Bravo at those prices elsewhere. First 3 are the only games I'm interested in. Burnout I feel like I can wait longer. Trails of Cold Steel III apparently won't make much sense if I didn't play the first two titles and do I really need another RPG? Moving Out I want! But I wonder if it could go lower???

I totally get what you are saying about ToCS III, but for what it's worth, the game does includes a whole backstory mode that covers all the chapters of the previous games. It's a lot to take in and might not be the most engaging way to get into the story, but it might be a good way to jump start you into the series.

I played the first one on Vita and really enjoyed it, but I'd love to see the whole series (Trails in the Sky FC and SC, ToCS 1-4) come to the Switch. It would be quite the set.

• Like 1

Ah, nothing says "Nintendo" like an advertisement for a system that has been sold out everywhere across the world for around 4 months or so... but apart from the fact that it has been sold out for 4 months or so, Nintendo reminds you that now is a good time to purchase the sold out system...

Screenshot from 2020-08-04 02-03-50.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Ah, nothing says "Nintendo" like an advertisement for a system that has been sold out everywhere across the world for around 4 months or so... but apart from the fact that it has been sold out for 4 months or so, Nintendo reminds you that now is a good time to purchase the sold out system...

Is there still supply issues in the US? Over here there was a shortage around April/May but that seems to be resolved now.

I just checked and Amazon even has them on special. Guess people could try and see if they can import them from the Aus Amazon and switch over the charging cable.

I think it's a mix of out of work/part time work scumbags causing a good bit of the problem.  There's no denying there is a shortage of sorts going on, but I think it would be notably less if people wouldn't just immediately run around town or look online and snap up every Switch and Switch Lite to try and clear a $100 up sell on them just showing how much of a pile of disgusting pigs they are.

My daughter is currently in the process for saving up on the LITE and I'm worried when she finally gets there it's going to be utter hell trying to get her one, and worse yet, a color she wants.  She has adhd + oppositional disorder issues too which causes a hard hit of OCD about stuff.  When she hits $200 I promised to get her one, and I'd pay the tax and buy her a $60 game for it (or I'll pitch a pair of games equal to that value.)  She's about a 1/4 of the way there, if I can get someone to buy her refurbished glass lens GBC handheld that'll get her around 1/2 way too.

I'll start making local scalpers miserable with obnoxious behavior on facebook and elsewhere if it still is an issue at that rate, ebay too.  If it were me, that's one thing, but fucking with a kid working her ass off to get the ultimate toy is nauseating and infuriating.

36 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I think it's a mix of out of work/part time work scumbags causing a good bit of the problem.  There's no denying there is a shortage of sorts going on, but I think it would be notably less if people wouldn't just immediately run around town or look online and snap up every Switch and Switch Lite to try and clear a $100 up sell on them just showing how much of a pile of disgusting pigs they are.

My daughter is currently in the process for saving up on the LITE and I'm worried when she finally gets there it's going to be utter hell trying to get her one, and worse yet, a color she wants.  She has adhd + oppositional disorder issues too which causes a hard hit of OCD about stuff.  When she hits $200 I promised to get her one, and I'd pay the tax and buy her a $60 game for it (or I'll pitch a pair of games equal to that value.)  She's about a 1/4 of the way there, if I can get someone to buy her refurbished glass lens GBC handheld that'll get her around 1/2 way too.

I'll start making local scalpers miserable with obnoxious behavior on facebook and elsewhere if it still is an issue at that rate, ebay too.  If it were me, that's one thing, but fucking with a kid working her ass off to get the ultimate toy is nauseating and infuriating.

If she's set on a color and isn't one to change her mind, you could just buy the Switch the next time you come across it and save it until the time comes. Less stress for all involved. Wario64 on Twitter usually posts when systems come in stock at Amazon and Best Buy.

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Seriously, these scalpers that use bots to purchase everything are shite. 

I hope they all burn. I'm trying to purchase a Switch as a present and it's impossible to find. I will never pay a scalper fee for something like this. Eventually, maybe months from now, but eventually it will be back in stock. In the meantime, please keep us informed on your progress in making scalpers miserable - the more the merrier in this case! 

Edited by avatar!

I'm pretty excited about this announcement. The Switch has replaced my Vita, but it still doesn't cut it in the j-drpg department. This should help. Now if only Atlus will port over Dungeon Travelers 2 (or make a new one).

Edited by Aguy

1 hour ago, Fleck586 said:

Honestly, with this Pikmin announcement, I have zero reason to turn on my Wii U ever again.

I guess it was meant to be for me not to have ever played or own a Wii U. I always thought it was an attachment to the Wii so I never looked into it all that time lol. I know a lot of people regret it from what I have seen buying all those games before it ported to the Switch.

10 minutes ago, Skorp said:

I guess it was meant to be for me not to have ever played or own a Wii U. I always thought it was an attachment to the Wii so I never looked into it all that time lol. I know a lot of people regret it from what I have seen buying all those games before it ported to the Switch.

Granted Nintendo did a miserable marketing job differentiating, but really? An adult who actually plays video games and spends time on a video game forum didn't know it was a separate system?

3 minutes ago, B.A. said:

Granted Nintendo did a miserable marketing job differentiating, but really? An adult who actually plays video games and spends time on a video game forum didn't know it was a separate system?

I guess it's embarrassing right. xD Maybe that time I was into something else and never paid attention to that console or just did not have that keen interest. I know I wasn't alone in this though from what I have seen. Just one of those weird things. =/

Editorials Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, B.A. said:

I tuned out after the Wii.  I'm not sure I even knew the Wii U existed for awhile there.