IGNORED

The Switch Thread

22 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

Anyone here playing Pokemon Shield? Ive got 4 or 5 left to finish my pokedex and looking for a link trade. All I have left are a few Shield exclusives, but not Zamazenta. I just need Sableye, Drampa, and Goomy or someone in that lineage that I can breed and/or evolve. Anyone?

I was, but I kind of made myself forget to keep playing and extremely early into it.  The game discouraged me by design I suppose, or I read too much into it.  The wild area I messed around for an hour or two in it, but never went into the first town after that where I guess gym #1 is.  The area was so vast and with so many pokemon of all sorts from many generations running side by side it demotivated the fun right out of it.  It felt like a trap and a burden because I'd want to get this, or that, and then that over there.  It got me worried thinking I'd never get very far as I'd be leaving something out there that would be highly useful depending on the type/class of the pokemon for the gyms of the game.  I really don't care about the Go crap with the group play, though raids would be nice as I love them in Dragalia Lost on my phone, but it really sucked it out of me.

Maybe I just don't get it as I was enjoying it to that point.  Maybe I can ignore the wild and play the classic meta game with whatever is on route and do the gyms and still succeed?  Hard to say as most stuff online are just basic guides, overkill sucking up to the big stuff, or people dumping on it like babies because the dex got rationally cut down a bit.

That said that Direct they dropped wow... PD is out, I need to look that up for the price vs if a physical version will appear in any region.  PD1 (and2) were one of my big favs when I had a Saturn pre 2005.  Xenoblade, that's tempting as Switch is a handheld and 3DS is out of my life.  It was cool seeing some other stuff like Mr Driller, perhaps BD2, and a few others that popped up.

1 hour ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

It’s so annoying that the 2K games will be mostly downloads for the physical releases. I was going to get Bioshock, but I’d rather just have the PS4 collection on the disc.

I was interested a bit in one of those games, but after what I read they can kiss my ass they're off limits.  I'm so fed up with people doing 1/2 releases or less on the card as some nasty slide for DRM or being just cheapasses.  XCOM2 that entire game they flatly admit would fit on a 32GB card with room to spare.  Borderlands is oversized, but it could fit 2 of the 3 games, it won't.  And Bioshock, same situation really there...and then again 2K is like the WORST or second worst developer on the system for publishing broken games with massive downloads and repair patches.  You'd think if they wanted to fix their cares with the Nintendo base they'd make amends for the crap they've pulled before, but they never learn.

11 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I was, but I kind of made myself forget to keep playing and extremely early into it.  The game discouraged me by design I suppose, or I read too much into it.  The wild area I messed around for an hour or two in it, but never went into the first town after that where I guess gym #1 is.  The area was so vast and with so many pokemon of all sorts from many generations running side by side it demotivated the fun right out of it.  It felt like a trap and a burden because I'd want to get this, or that, and then that over there.  It got me worried thinking I'd never get very far as I'd be leaving something out there that would be highly useful depending on the type/class of the pokemon for the gyms of the game.  I really don't care about the Go crap with the group play, though raids would be nice as I love them in Dragalia Lost on my phone, but it really sucked it out of me.

Maybe I just don't get it as I was enjoying it to that point.  Maybe I can ignore the wild and play the classic meta game with whatever is on route and do the gyms and still succeed?  Hard to say as most stuff online are just basic guides, overkill sucking up to the big stuff, or people dumping on it like babies because the dex got rationally cut down a bit.

That said that Direct they dropped wow... PD is out, I need to look that up for the price vs if a physical version will appear in any region.  PD1 (and2) were one of my big favs when I had a Saturn pre 2005.  Xenoblade, that's tempting as Switch is a handheld and 3DS is out of my life.  It was cool seeing some other stuff like Mr Driller, perhaps BD2, and a few others that popped up.

You absolutely can get through the game by just grabbing what you see and leveling up through fights and the main story. I would suggest doing max raids in the beginning for candies to help level up faster. Later in the game they appear much less frequently and are much harder. Take advantage early. My 7 year old son just did those battles and somehow caught a tyranitar that he leveled up with just the candy and then just destroyed everything in his path through the main game with that one pokemon basically. 

That's nuts...a tyranitar that soon?  I was avoiding those nodes on the ground with the light off them thinking it would be over my pay grade after getting my ass handed to me by a mid-tier evolved pokemon running in the fields.  I'm using the fire starter and have it at 2nd tier I do recall that leveling up, the rest aren't quite there, and because of GO I do have a Pikachu which is nice too.

• Like 1

Just now, Tanooki said:

That's nuts...a tyranitar that soon?  I was avoiding those nodes on the ground with the light off them thinking it would be over my pay grade after getting my ass handed to me by a mid-tier evolved pokemon running in the fields.  I'm using the fire starter and have it at 2nd tier I do recall that leveling up, the rest aren't quite there, and because of GO I do have a Pikachu which is nice too.

The ones that appear outside the grass will kick your ass at first. Only grab the ones in the grass until you beat a couple of gyms 

• Like 1

I learned that after getting manhandled by an Onix that showed up almost immediately upon entering, then some rabid looking evolved form of buneary.  I lost a few to each before a run worked.  After that I kind of walked around the edge of the map some until the basic fights got ugly like where the ghosts are west of town, or beyond the machop east of it.  I did luck into like a magikarp that's like 1-2lv short of going Gyarados which is nice.

• Like 1

Yeah, he's a good one early. Keep trying. You will get into it faster than you think. Truthfully, this was my first Pokemon game ever and I loved it. It plays right into my completionist nature. I don't know why I didn't play one sooner. The Switch has done that to me a lot, actually. First Pokemon game and loved it. First Fire Emblem game and loved it. First Xenoblade game and loved it. Now first Animal Crossing game and I'm hooked on it, too. Such an amazing console.

Well I've been into AC since I got it, did some good work this evening which will open a few more doors to development and change on the island finally.  It'll feel a bit more busy and less stranded as it were as I'll have some move ins and the museum finally opened.

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

FYI: there’s some shenanigans going on with Cooking Mama: Cookstar. It’s been pulled from the eShop and it seems like retailers don’t carry it or have limited stock. I found it on Amazon from a 3rd party seller. 

Yeah saw that on Reddit. Pretty interesting. Guess I'll get one just in case. Looks like only one person is selling them on eBay too and saw one person buy 10 of them. Hopefully it's another one of those hypes as usual.