IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Yup, that's what people do in a crisis...buy up food, water, and stress relieving goods and pray on others like scum.  I really wasn't surprised weeks ago to see the smart filchers already helped empty the shelves as I haven't seen a Switch system at retail since maybe the first few days of March or late February around here.

The GameSale sub on Reddit is now 90% people asking for a Switch. A week ago it was probably 60% people asking for Ring Fit Adventure. It's sad. What gets me though (and I'm not siding with the scalpers here) is the posts that are basically choosy begging - "I'm willing to spend up to $X" or "not willing to pay eBay prices" or "please be reasonable." Like, anyone you buy from at this point is a scalper. No one is going to do you a favor. Badmouthing scalpers isn't going to help you, and no one is obligated to sell you one at any price. 

I will admit I was dragging my feet a month ago on pre-ordering the AC Switch and by the time I decided I should get it the pre-orders were all sold out. I ended up buying one from someone on Reddit last week and somehow I managed to convince them to sell me it for $380 (I told them I had someone else willing to sell me one for $380 but I'd take theirs at that price if they could invoice me quicker... which wasn't a lie! But afterward I realized that first person sold theirs to someone else who offered more, ha!)

6 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

The GameSale sub on Reddit is now 90% people asking for a Switch. A week ago it was probably 60% people asking for Ring Fit Adventure. It's sad. What gets me though (and I'm not siding with the scalpers here) is the posts that are basically choosy begging - "I'm willing to spend up to $X" or "not willing to pay eBay prices" or "please be reasonable." Like, anyone you buy from at this point is a scalper. No one is going to do you a favor. Badmouthing scalpers isn't going to help you, and no one is obligated to sell you one at any price. 

I will admit I was dragging my feet a month ago on pre-ordering the AC Switch and by the time I decided I should get it the pre-orders were all sold out. I ended up buying one from someone on Reddit last week and somehow I managed to convince them to sell me it for $380 (I told them I had someone else willing to sell me one for $380 but I'd take theirs at that price if they could invoice me quicker... which wasn't a lie! But afterward I realized that first person sold theirs to someone else who offered more, ha!)

Dude not saying I shoulda but I was tracking animal crossing switch’s and if I would known they were gonna jump more I woulda done the unthinkable sell it for profit!!! 

43 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

If someone actually needs help getting a regular Switch, I can probably grab one from the PX and ship to you. I only ask to be reimbursed for cost plus shipping. I can also see if they have any AC ones, but I doubt it as they don't usually get special edition stuff.

I would take an AC one if they have it. I was going to upgrade my Day 1 model but kept missing out.

Anyone here playing Pokemon Shield? Ive got 4 or 5 left to finish my pokedex and looking for a link trade. All I have left are a few Shield exclusives, but not Zamazenta. I just need Sableye, Drampa, and Goomy or someone in that lineage that I can breed and/or evolve. Anyone?

16 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

Xenoblade open was awesome 

I might give it a try.  I couldn't get into Xenoblade Chronicles 2.  I don't know. I thought it was beautiful, I was kind of engaged in the story but the battle system just didn't pull me in and that's where you spend 75% of your time in the game.

I really want to like this series.  Does the first game play different than the second?  Is it "simpler"?

Regardless, it looks really cool and the soundtrack is absolutely killer.

14 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

Anyone here playing Pokemon Shield? Ive got 4 or 5 left to finish my pokedex and looking for a link trade. All I have left are a few Shield exclusives, but not Zamazenta. I just need Sableye, Drampa, and Goomy or someone in that lineage that I can breed and/or evolve. Anyone?

Still need help? I got Sword, but have the Pokedex complete. Let me know. Switch code below.

2 hours ago, RH said:

I might give it a try.  I couldn't get into Xenoblade Chronicles 2.  I don't know. I thought it was beautiful, I was kind of engaged in the story but the battle system just didn't pull me in and that's where you spend 75% of your time in the game.

I really want to like this series.  Does the first game play different than the second?  Is it "simpler"?

Regardless, it looks really cool and the soundtrack is absolutely killer.

I actually never played 1, but I loved 2.  This will give me the opportunity to play 1 without having to go back to the Wii.  Now, if Nintendo could just remaster Skyward Sword...

27 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

I actually never played 1, but I loved 2.  This will give me the opportunity to play 1 without having to go back to the Wii.  Now, if Nintendo could just remaster Skyward Sword...

I'm completely in the same boat.  We have a Wii and bought it when it was new when we finally found one at Target.  Before I started collecting by way of thrift shops, I think we only had about 6-8 titles, which is low for me.  Regardless, I've really wanted to play Skyward Sword but I really don't want to go back to Wii gaming if I can help it.

18 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

If someone actually needs help getting a regular Switch, I can probably grab one from the PX and ship to you. I only ask to be reimbursed for cost plus shipping. I can also see if they have any AC ones, but I doubt it as they don't usually get special edition stuff.

17 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

I would take an AC one if they have it. I was going to upgrade my Day 1 model but kept missing out.

Surprisingly they were sold out of all models. I can still order the standard Switch online, but absolutely nothing was available in store. Very unusual for the PX.

They did have toilet paper though so now I'm a hero to my family.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Surprisingly they were sold out of all models. I can still order the standard Switch online, but absolutely nothing was available in store. Very unusual for the PX.

They did have toilet paper though so now I'm a hero to my family.

No problem. I will wait for the next run or just get a different one later. Thanks for looking!

Edited by Fleck586