IGNORED

The Switch Thread

@Skorp I pre-ordered really early because my gcu was about to cancel so idk

On the plus I got it for 50$? I have enough preorder stuff as it is even though I am a huge animal crossing fan the bell bag is like the last thing I want made as a plush.

Edit: disregard my sourpuss attitude.. i see that is infact not a plush but literally a fuzzy bag. Heck. Anyways mah lady just got a copy after she got hooked so now we have the bell bag. 😅

Edited by drxandy

54 minutes ago, Rooster said:

Are you guys enjoying Animal Crossing so far?  It looks interesting and I like the graphics, but I'm not familiar with that franchise.  It's basically Harvest Moon with no farming?

My top favorite Switch game of all time after two days of playing, but I’ve been a fan of the series since the beginning. 

Best I can describe the gameplay:

• Light farming and flower breeding
  • Bug catching, fishing and treasure hunting
  • Decorating
  • Fetch quests
  • Befriending animals

New Horizons adds crafting and makes you build up the whole island from scratch which is cool. There’s also a lot of gacha mechanics. 

I would say if you are really on the fence, try Pocket Camp on mobile, that will give a feel for the main mechanics. But this is the best in the entire series for sure. 

Well I put a lot of hours as I could on it so far with Animal Crossing as it came a day early.  I find it far more captivating than the original.  The fact they went all in yet in a friendly less obnoxious way about some things, and adding that crafting and upgrade mechanic to the mix really gets it some legs to enjoy it more.  The fact you need to earn what was once given like the museum and so on is awesome as it makes it feel more awesome really doing it yourself.  So far I've got the tools but can not find a shovel.  I accidentally stripped the weeds and stones, so I can't craft any of that stuff at all from the area I have access to until I get a pole to vault with (or a bridge to build.)

I did get the fast tool option, the better clothes making, the lv2 tool kit recipes which none I can make (wtf where's the iron ore??)  I've made good bank enough to get quite a few things in bells and miles and have a house coming I guess tomorrow, Blathers too.  I setup a little outdoor area for my home with a small fire, sleeping bag, a tire to sit on, and a tiki lantern.  Also made another bonfire and put it on the western coast where I have this nice rock platform that has a little tide pool on it also put a birdhouse over that way to see what happens as well.

It was pretty fun also doing many of the chores to get more miles with fishing, shell selling, plant and watering, etc.  I really hope the game opens up a good bit more tomorrow.  I even did some mail order for a floating plant thing, a record player, and a KK tune to enjoy.

• Like 1

Love Animal Crossing! I'm on day 4 now. See some character washed on the shore. Also almost paid off my first house. 😄

Add me below if you haven't. My online membership expired yesterday after a year with Twitch (wow that was fast) so gonna get that back up shortly and visit you guys.

Edited by Skorp
  • Like 1