IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Can we just stop and let the Wii U have a few pieces in the collection that stay that way. 

No we dont need devil's third on switch. No we dont need pikmin 3 on switch. It was a 20 dollar greatest hits. They even gave it away for free at one point. Another port 50 dollar release is a slap in the face yet again. Just release a pikmin 4 on switch. Its been ready according to nintendo for what 5 years?

Still hilarious everyone bitched about the wii u , yet now everyone wants all its games while all of us who had it were saying it for years.  GTF outta here lol.

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Can we just stop and let the Wii U have a few pieces in the collection that stay that way. 

No we dont need devil's third on switch. No we dont need pikmin 3 on switch. It was a 20 dollar greatest hits. They even gave it away for free at one point. Another port 50 dollar release is a slap in the face yet again. Just release a pikmin 4 on switch. Its been ready according to nintendo for what 5 years?

Still hilarious everyone bitched about the wii u , yet now everyone wants all its games while all of us who had it were saying it for years.  GTF outta here lol.

@Quest4Nes do you need a hug?

1 hour ago, Quest4Nes said:

This, but unfortunately, Nintendo needs SOME kind of exclusive and just strip mining that old junker for scrap is the easiest and cheapest option. No way in hell devil's third gets on the switch though, i mean, not even Nintendo(of America) wanted to put Devil's Third on the Wii U.

2 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

No it deserves a horrible death into a totally forgotten purgatory as hell is too good for it.  I think Fleck is right, you need a hug. 🙂  Everything needs to come off that failure that could have taken down Nintendo (if it wasn't for the pokemon juggernaut and 3DS assist.)  The system that killed their console R&D department, merging what good it had left into the handheld one.  Those games need to be ported over so people who thankfully ignored the system or got out before it really went to pot (like me) can enjoy all those neglected titles.  There's nothing funny about it, the system and its awfulness are no laughing matter, nor is peoples interest in the games.  Just because the hardware is utter shit doesn't mean the games are too and should suffer for it, or people owning that crap to use it either.

14 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Sorry, but we're gonna get 3D World and Xenoblade X, and maybe some others.  That's just the reality of what will happen.  And they will sell, because people like me will buy them.

If I get an old port, its used. Not supporting nintendo with that. DK Tropical Freeze is one of my favorite games. Got it on Wii U and Switch. But the Switch was a B2G2 at gamestop preowned and at the time still had the preowned discount. That game was 20 dollar greatest hits on wii u. It was released originally for 50. They release it on the switch for fricken 60? cmon now. What a joke. Mario U deluxe is 8 years old and they sold it for 60. Both games really didnt add anything worthwhile besides an easy mode character. Seriously wtf.

Edited by Quest4Nes

47 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

If I get an old port, its used. Not supporting nintendo with that. DK Tropical Freeze is one of my favorite games. Got it on Wii U and Switch. But the Switch was a B2G2 at gamestop preowned and at the time still had the preowned discount. That game was 20 dollar greatest hits on wii u. It was released originally for 50. They release it on the switch for fricken 60? cmon now. What a joke. Mario U deluxe is 8 years old and they sold it for 60. Both games really didnt add anything worthwhile besides an easy mode character. Seriously wtf.

It's $60 because people will pay $60 for it. This isn't surprising. Look how well Mario Kart 8 DX sells. Best seller. $60. No need to put it on sale. Every normie who buys a Switch will buy that game. 

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

No it deserves a horrible death into a totally forgotten purgatory as hell is too good for it.  I think Fleck is right, you need a hug. 🙂  Everything needs to come off that failure that could have taken down Nintendo (if it wasn't for the pokemon juggernaut and 3DS assist.)  The system that killed their console R&D department, merging what good it had left into the handheld one.  Those games need to be ported over so people who thankfully ignored the system or got out before it really went to pot (like me) can enjoy all those neglected titles.  There's nothing funny about it, the system and its awfulness are no laughing matter, nor is peoples interest in the games.  Just because the hardware is utter shit doesn't mean the games are too and should suffer for it, or people owning that crap to use it either.

Are you sure you don't need a hug? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

It's $60 because people will pay $60 for it. This isn't surprising. Look how well Mario Kart 8 DX sells. Best seller. $60. No need to put it on sale. Every normie who buys a Switch will buy that game.

Yeah, but that's Mario Kart,  it's going to sell no matter what. Trash like Hashtag Fire Emblem, not so much.

https://personacentral.com/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-encore-debut-sales-japan-worse-wii-u-version/

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, PineappleLawnchair said:

Yeah, but that's Mario Kart,  it's going to sell no matter what. Trash like Hashtag Fire Emblem, not so much.

https://personacentral.com/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-encore-debut-sales-japan-worse-wii-u-version/

Yeah, and it will probably go on sale. Not sure what point you are trying to make? My point is Wii U games went on sale because sales were poor because the install base was small. Switch has a massive install base so any game that is good can be listed for $60 and sell well at $60 because so many customers will line up for it. 

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
24 minutes ago, PineappleLawnchair said:

https://www.thegamer.com/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-encore-japan-popularity/

Article that just regurgitates the one i posted, but the headline is more positive.

Yes, i know Nintendo is telling people their game is a success, but without any solid numbers attached to the Eshop, you can't say for sure one way or another that it is performing better.

However, anecdotally, the games it's beating on the eshop appear to be mostly the same games it's already beating physically. This suggests eshop performance is in a slump this particular week, rather than the game itself being a real success.

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Yeah, and it will probably go on sale. Not sure what point you are trying to make? My point is Wii U games went on sale because sales were poor because the install base was small. Switch has a massive install base so any game that is good can be listed for $60 and sell well at $60 because so many customers will line up for it. 

Nintendo is just porting these things because they're quick and easy, and thus not much of a risk. Similar argument, except it doesn't implicitly suggest people are just mindlessly paying more because they don't want to pay the wii u tax. No, the real idiots here are the ones that bought a wii u in the first place.

Spoiler

And that includes me, god i wish i had better judgement before buying this.

Also MK8D comes with the DLC, the Wii U expects you to pay ~24 + tax for that, and used copies are about 16-20 from a quick glance, so buying the Wii u version is about the same as buying a used switch copy, or not that much less than even a new copy depending on where you buy. I think i'm going on a tangent at this point, but. god i just hate the wii u.

Edited by PineappleLawnchair
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
57 minutes ago, PineappleLawnchair said:

Yes, i know Nintendo is telling people their game is a success, but without any solid numbers attached to the Eshop, you can't say for sure one way or another that it is performing better.

However, anecdotally, the games it's beating on the eshop appear to be mostly the same games it's already beating physically. This suggests eshop performance is in a slump this particular week, rather than the game itself being a real success.

*shrug*

I was more getting at the fact that between physical, digital, Japan, US, and other regions, who even knows how well it's selling.

On 2/24/2020 at 4:28 PM, Adorabear said:

Somehow I missed the Switch thread until now! This is the most recent picture I have of my collection!

spacer.png

I've gotten a few more games since I took this and have some reorganizing to do since my collection has outgrown the shelf now! XD Not sure how I am going to move things around yet 😛

Oh boy...believe me you have seen nothing yet with the size problem with collector editions. xD So many different sizes, so it is so hard to organize it.

13 minutes ago, Skorp said:

Oh boy...believe me you have seen nothing yet with the size problem with collector editions. xD So many different sizes, so it is so hard to organize it.

Oh I definitely have seen the size problem already. It's not easily visible by the picture, but there are a ton more CE boxes behind all of those, and you can't even see most of them due to how well I smashed everything in there; organizing that bottom shelf was like playing Tetris. 😛 I've completely ran out of room on that shelf now and have since received some MASSIVE boxes (that Will: A Wonderful World CE is huge lol). I have no idea how I am going to sort all of those CEs now XD

21 minutes ago, Skorp said:

4 minutes ago, Adorabear said:

Oh I definitely have seen the size problem already. It's not easily visible by the picture, but there are a ton more CE boxes behind all of those, and you can't even see most of them due to how well I smashed everything in there; organizing that bottom shelf was like playing Tetris. 😛 I've completely ran out of room on that shelf now and have since received some MASSIVE boxes (that Will: A Wonderful World CE is huge lol). I have no idea how I am going to sort all of those CEs now XD

One of the biggest reasons I stopped collecting non-standard size CEs. I still love steelbooks, but everything else can go straight to hell!

• Haha 1

What are some Switch games that you guys consider absolute must-own titles?  I loved Fire emblem, loved BOTW, and loved Mario Kart.  Looking for a few more games to get me playing again.  I have octopath traveler but I took a break from it and haven't returned.  Really like the graphic style though.

Editorials Team · Posted
20 hours ago, Rooster said:

What are some Switch games that you guys consider absolute must-own titles?  I loved Fire emblem, loved BOTW, and loved Mario Kart.  Looking for a few more games to get me playing again.  I have octopath traveler but I took a break from it and haven't returned.  Really like the graphic style though.

Dead Cells and Darkest Dungeon are two I always shout from the rooftops

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Dead Cells and Darkest Dungeon are two I always shout from the rooftops

I was thinking more of Switch only games.  I've owned Darkest Dungeon on steam for years.  Dead cells is also available on steam.  If a game is available on switch and steam, I am 100% guaranteed buying it on Steam on a sale.

Editorials Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Rooster said:

I was thinking more of Switch only games.  I've owned Darkest Dungeon on steam for years.  Dead cells is also available on steam.  If a game is available on switch and steam, I am 100% guaranteed buying it on Steam on a sale.

Then Golf Story and Bayonettas