IGNORED

The Switch Thread

On 2/2/2020 at 3:17 PM, 11strings said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FNyvbbU64Pb9lheg28gC_5fMalIYJ0aD763T7M1QqF0/edit#gid=0

You'll need to ignore the other regions, but this is very accurate.

My personal list (where I got the 497 from) includes Blaphemous (started shipping on Friday), Code: Realize and and Monster Energy Supercross 3 which come out this coming week.

I went through NScollectors list again two things are apparent. 

1. That list is not as accurate as everyone assumes, as it does not seem to separate different versions of a game. IE Sonic Mania and Sonic Mania Plus are unique games. 

2. Since they do not include LRG type releases until they actually start arriving to customer homes, their list lags behind and in fact is quite a bit LESS than my current one. Theirs shows ~485 games released for North America while I currently show 505. 

So for everyone's knowledge we just cracked the 500 games released mark. The NScollectors list LOOKS way bigger but it's not even close.

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

5 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I went through NScollectors list again two things are apparent. 

1. That list is not as accurate as everyone assumes, as it does not seem to separate different versions of a game. IE Sonic Mania and Sonic Mania Plus are unique games. 

2. Since they do not include LRG type releases until they actually start arriving to customer homes, their list lags behind and in fact is quite a bit LESS than my current one. Theirs shows ~485 games released for North America while I currently show 505. 

So for everyone's knowledge we just cracked the 500 games released mark. The NScollectors list LOOKS way bigger but it's not even close.

Sonic Mania is in the notes for Sonic Mania Plus.  As is Rocket League Ultimate and Harvest Moon (I agree they should have their own lines).

The unreleased LRG games are pre-orders.  If you are going to include pre-order games in your list, you might as well include anything available for pre-order from Best Buy, Amazon, etc.

I give up. lol

1 hour ago, 11strings said:

Sonic Mania is in the notes for Sonic Mania Plus.  As is Rocket League Ultimate and Harvest Moon (I agree they should have their own lines).

The unreleased LRG games are pre-orders.  If you are going to include pre-order games in your list, you might as well include anything available for pre-order from Best Buy, Amazon, etc.

I give up. lol

My main point was that there is not "way more" than 500 games released, because it's not the first time someone has said that and directed me to the same spreadsheet. I just want people to know accurate info.

20 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

We need to make a Google sheet that just has physical releases. That one is too hard to read

Already have one, search my posts in this thread for the link(or i can repost it tonight when I get out of class). It was the same one used for the 1st page of this theead but is up to date.

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Thanks 2

Editorials Team · Posted
22 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Already have one, search my posts in this thread for the link(or i can repost it tonight when I get out of class). It was the same one used for the 1st page of this theead but is up to date.

Thanks.  My backlog of stuff will catch up someday.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:51 AM, Fleck586 said:

Did it piss you off that the games aren't in the box? I thought that was weird that they didn't find room for them in there. Just sitting in a separate piece of cardboard on top of the chest. Kinda irked me TBH.

Very cool, was that a retail limited edition or was it released by one of the publishers like LRG?

28 minutes ago, BreaKBeatZ said:

Very cool, was that a retail limited edition or was it released by one of the publishers like LRG?

It was available direct from the publisher. Not retail, but not a limited print company either. When I bought it, I figured I was going to get all the games anyway, and the extras seemed worth it for $50 more. Now that the games regularly go on sale, I regret it a bit. I have definitely learned my lesson with the Switch. I never order at release anymore. Wait long enough and everything goes on sale. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 6:35 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

You say in your spreadsheet that Shakedown Hawaii got a reprint for Black Friday. Is there any proof of this? I thought the inventory they sold at that point was leftover stock they had held back from the initial distribution like every other limited print publisher does. 

4 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

You say in your spreadsheet that Shakedown Hawaii got a reprint for Black Friday. Is there any proof of this? I thought the inventory they sold at that point was leftover stock they had held back from the initial distribution like every other limited print publisher does. 

I can't remember exactly. It might have been a reddit post that linked to a tweet from Vblank or something. I remember it being a big deal because everyone was like "sweet now lets get a Retro City reprint too!"  So I'll make a quick search to see if I can find something.

On 2/5/2020 at 12:19 PM, a3quit4s said:

Anyone download 198X yet? Thoughts on it? It’s only $10 so I may just download it just wanted to see if anyone else had yet. 

If you haven't already, buy it ASAP. It's a gorgeous game and if you're a fan of shmups, beat em ups, platformers, RPGs, etc. then this has elements of all of those

• Thanks 1

I think part of the idea here is to right a big wrong, that wrong being ever releasing something on the WiiU.  Nothing erases the memory of that stain better than touching up/re-releasing the few good games that system got that were sadly unjustly cut short on true profit and consumer value being stuck to that dumpster fire.  It makes a lot of sense to take those for most lost games and give them a proper release with a proper chance to make solid money and name recognition off of.  As long as it's not done the harm of new stuff coming out, it's a win.