IGNORED

Here's my almost-complete Shantae collection!

Guests · Posted

Shantae is one of my wife and I's favorite series. Great music, great gameplay - not much not to love!

Most of my collection is sealed, all except the Shantae for GBC and one of the 1/2 Genie Heroes for PS4.

All I'm missing is the OSTs for Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse and I'll consider my collection functionally complete.

Fellow Shantae fans, what do you have as part of your collection?

Shantae.thumb.jpg.4e40adce0eecd68aa2d37fa437893599.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruh. Here I just want the GBC version. So far I only have Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero Risky Beats Edition on Wii U (the one with the soundtrack) and Shantae & The Pirate's Curse on Switch. No Risky's Revenge because that's PS4 only, and no original because I've been on the fence for a long time about spending that kind of money. I did have Shantae & The Pirate's Curse for 3DS at one point but I sold it.

that's a nice collection, currently I only have the most recent release on the ps4, but I also had shantae 2 sealed at one point.

You said your collection is nearly complete? What are you missing? your collection seems pretty complete to me.

That shantae soundtrack is really interesting 🙂

Guests · Posted
21 hours ago, kuriatsu said:

that's a nice collection, currently I only have the most recent release on the ps4, but I also had shantae 2 sealed at one point.

You said your collection is nearly complete? What are you missing? your collection seems pretty complete to me.

That shantae soundtrack is really interesting 🙂

For me, I'm missing the second and third soundtracks from Limited Run Games. If you want to include "variants", I need the collector's edition and regular variant of Pirate's Curse for Switch and the regular variant of 1/2 Genie Hero for PS4 (I don't collect for Vita, Wii U, or PAL consoles). There's also a few tchotchkies I could get like the Limited Run Games vinyl, the LRG Shantae 5 enamel pin, and the Funko Pop. I'm sure there's other stuff I'm missing too. I really wish I could get my hands on a poster or something ...

Edited by Keewenaw_Lines

Guests · Posted
4 hours ago, Nintegageo said:

Awesome collection. Do you collect the cards as well or not that crazy? 😉

Oh, I'm definitely that crazy! I want them, but just like the Shantae 5 pin and the missing soundtracks and vinyls, they're really overpriced everywhere I look. I'll grab them as soon as I find a reasonably-priced set.

4 hours ago, Californication said:

Didn't LRG just release some pax exclusives for Shantae?

Yes indeed, two GBC mockups (for 1/2 Genie Hero and Risky's Revenge) as well as a sticker sheet for Seven Sirens. I managed to grab them all, and good timing too. What I bought for $30 is going for $100-$150 on eBay already.

If most of these are sealed, do you have another set of opened ones or downloaded versions or something to actually play? I'm not trying to start a games are meant to be played argument, rather I'm just curious since you said your wife and you both love the series so much, I'd have reckoned that you must have played quite a few of the games at some point.

Guests · Posted
3 hours ago, fcgamer said:

If most of these are sealed, do you have another set of opened ones or downloaded versions or something to actually play? I'm not trying to start a games are meant to be played argument, rather I'm just curious since you said your wife and you both love the series so much, I'd have reckoned that you must have played quite a few of the games at some point.

Yes, we have some opened copies and digital downloads. We never actually intended to collect sealed, and we're not opposed to breaking the seals for most of them (except for maybe the 2nd and 3rd on PS4).

Guests · Posted

Some new adds!

The first one is part of the Kickstarter for Half-Genie Hero, which I unfortunately missed: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

As far as I can tell, 837 of these "kits" were made, only for backers that contributed $200+ to the campaign.

The below bundle includes a unique artbook, CD, t-shirt, and metal coin.

KS1.thumb.jpg.74aa2cbd1fc0f39952bd2e68a97ce0b8.jpg

The last reward was a lenticular poster, which I promise looks better in person!

KS2.thumb.jpg.958b4166f6375fb4992a6ba235ebeaf8.jpg

Finally, I got the below, which Limited Run Games produced for the upcoming Shantae 5. It was only released at PAX and for a limited time on the LRG website. I actually have bought the full set of these, but not all of it is in yet.

Game.thumb.jpg.7386b0521027966803345ca91c7d8223.jpg

On 3/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, Keewenaw_Lines said:

Finally, I got the below, which Limited Run Games produced for the upcoming Shantae 5. It was only released at PAX and for a limited time on the LRG website. I actually have bought the full set of these, but not all of it is in yet.

Game.thumb.jpg.7386b0521027966803345ca91c7d8223.jpg

Is this just an empty GBC-style box?

Guests · Posted
2 hours ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Is this just an empty GBC-style box?

No, it includes a (non-playable) GBC cartridge with the game logo on it, as well as a plastic and  wood stand for the cart. They're still mostly novelty items though.

SH.thumb.jpg.07de53def444e78c021e9c745f17993e.jpg

• 1 year later...

Thanks for reviving this thread! Reading back what I posted 14 months ago: 

On 3/5/2020 at 11:10 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Bruh. Here I just want the GBC version. So far I only have Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero Risky Beats Edition on Wii U (the one with the soundtrack) and Shantae & The Pirate's Curse on Switch. No Risky's Revenge because that's PS4 only, and no original because I've been on the fence for a long time about spending that kind of money. I did have Shantae & The Pirate's Curse for 3DS at one point but I sold it.

Now I have everything (if you count the Limited Run reprint for the GBC version). Will post my collection when my LRG order arrives 😄