IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic (MGC) 2020

Deadeye

Administrator · Posted
8 hours ago, MegaMartyr said:

I'm going this year.  Just Saturday and Sunday though.   First time, looking forward to it.

I remember my first time.  I got completely hammered on various bathtub beers and played a Ms Pac-Man cocktail cab with @B.A. until the wee hours.

Then when I had to man my booth the next day I could barely function until I had my two plain McBurgers and Sprite.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

So glad they told the general public before the vendors and shit.

Seems like they were more focused on getting the city to cancel to either cover insure or get refunds on the venue. Nothing wrong with that......... things people do in this environment won't be perfect

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Mr. CIB said:

Seems like they were more focused on getting the city to cancel to either cover insure or get refunds on the venue. Nothing wrong with that......... things people do in this environment won't be perfect

Yeah, reading more into it makes sense on why they announced it on Facebook.   I would guess if they bagged it themselves no refunds from the venue, but with the government shutting it they should get their money back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 10:45 PM, dvertov said:

That’s too bad, I was looking forward to finally checking out the show this year. On the other hand, now I have the budget to make it out to Portland for PRGE in August... Let’s hope this virus business doesn’t affect that one.

I don't think there will be any conventions of any sort until there is a vaccine... which is 12-18 months.

Even when we flatten the curve you still have to maintain social distancing until herd immunity kicks in (via a vaccine or everyone gets it).