IGNORED

Duck Tales Gold Press Kit NES

ap6766

I am in the market for the Gold Duck Tales Press Kit which was released in 2013. There are some discrepancies, however, with the Certificate of Authenticity. There were only 150 released. Some say (number)/150 (e.g. 78/150; 116/150, etc.). Others say AP/150. I can’t find any information differentiating the two. I am wondering if they made more than 150 and the AP/150 is of lesser rarity. Can anyone explain to me the difference?

On 2/29/2020 at 8:44 PM, ap6766 said:

I am in the market for the Gold Duck Tales Press Kit which was released in 2013. There are some discrepancies, however, with the Certificate of Authenticity. There were only 150 released. Some say (number)/150 (e.g. 78/150; 116/150, etc.). Others say AP/150. I can’t find any information differentiating the two. I am wondering if they made more than 150 and the AP/150 is of lesser rarity. Can anyone explain to me the difference?

They made more then 150. They made 150 for pal also. The press got the ap ones.

ive also heard these were faked but never could find out for myself the ways to tell. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

They were faked, but I only remember one person doing it on ebay and I think they got reported and that was it, but I haven't been tracking this past yearish.

That's what I kinda remember. I probably commented on a thread of NA if you wanna go hunting.

lol thats a joke right? search 14 years of forum at that dumpster. I tried the other day to find something. After using very detailed words it still took like 30 minutes to find the thread

Edited by Quest4Nes

• 3 months later...

I did get one of these. The claims of being faked are extremely thin. The depth of detail and deep color scheme to go into this project make it very hard for me to believe those claims. Additionally, the extra items would also need to be copied. There are 5(!),different pieces to this set which are all unique with different colors, textures, copyrighted materials. Someone would spend more money creating a fake than they would selling it. The shredded money could be faked. You can just buy that from the federal reserve. But the claims of someone perfectly copying the lunch box, 3 inserts, gold cartridge (with deep color-schemed label) and ROM board  are extremely thin. Just be careful that the extreme detail is evident. 

33 minutes ago, ap6766 said:

I did get one of these. The claims of being faked are extremely thin. The depth of detail and deep color scheme to go into this project make it very hard for me to believe those claims. Additionally, the extra items would also need to be copied. There are 5(!),different pieces to this set which are all unique with different colors, textures, copyrighted materials. Someone would spend more money creating a fake than they would selling it. The shredded money could be faked. You can just buy that from the federal reserve. But the claims of someone perfectly copying the lunch box, 3 inserts, gold cartridge (with deep color-schemed label) and ROM board  are extremely thin. Just be careful that the extreme detail is evident. 

There are 100% fakes out there, I've seen out out of Canada.  I owned the original version around release but sold.  I was going to rebuy it back when I saw an AP version listed but when I did more research there were many red flags that led me to believe it was a fake.

I don't remember offhand but it is naive to think there aren't fakes of it out there.  That experience pretty much turned me off from the whole thing and I have no interest in owning one ever again.  I'd even go as far as saying that an AP copy should not be trusted until proven otherwise.